Have not played DBD in 3 weeks & here's my update
So I haven't touched the game in 3 weeks (except to log on to see the free Year of the Rat cosmetics we got). Not that I quit the game, I have just been too busy to play at the moment. But I can honestly say putting DBD down for a bit is a refresher.
To start off, the game hit a rough patch when it decided to nerf Ruin. I have not even played with this new Ruin (besides in the PTB) & all I've been hearing about is the struggle of playing killer. When I tested the perk, I honestly thought it was hot garbage unless it had Surveillance with it. While I am annoyed by the killer experience in this game currently, it feels relieving to not care as much since I'm too busy to focus on this game. I do miss playing it a bit throughout each day, but I feel much better being less stressed out over playing killer & sitting in lobbies waiting endlessly for a match.
The survivor experience isn't all that thrilling either, as it gets quite stale when you feel like you're playing the same match over & over. All survivor matches are either a complete destruction of the killer or potato simulator. There doesn't really seem to be an inbetween all that often, at least from the last time I played. Plus, now I'm hearing that survivor experience is starting to be less fun because the killers that have remained are beginning to slug, camp, & proxy more than ever with NOED, moris, you name it.
But even though putting down DBD has been relieving for me, it doesn't mean I don't miss the game. I still watch some content creators play to get my DBD fix lol. (If you want to know who I watch it is Tru3ta1ent, Monto, & TydeTyme mostly) I still see a lot of the negatives about this game in their videos that still frustrates me even as a viewer, but it feels good not having to be in their shoes during those stressful game moments.
So this was just an update from someone who has taken a break from the game for a little bit, & I thought it would be nice to let others know that it's good to take a break if need be. Don't drive yourself crazy by playing if you aren't having fun (which it seems is the case for some of you in this forum).
Let me know below about your experiences with either putting the game down or the state of the game you are playing in currently. (No arguing, this is a peaceful/stressless thread)
Comments
Man, it feel good not to play DbD for a few weeks. Returning to it felt like a chore. Still feels more like a chore than entertainment, really.
I didn't play it for like 2 weeks before the doctor rework came
That's when you know you need to leave. When a game stops being fun why play?
That's why I left eve, planet side, killing floor, and numerous others.