Are you With the Ruin Nerf or Against It? Can you explain why?
I'm interested in how are with the Ruin Nerf, against it, and why.
Personally, I'm against it because I can't seem to win without it. Even know, I played this game for over a year.
I'm interested in how are with the Ruin Nerf, against it, and why.
Personally, I'm against it because I can't seem to win without it. Even know, I played this game for over a year.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Overall healthy for the game, maybe it was introduced at the wrong moment and in the wrong form, but i am sure it will prove to have been a good thing in a few updates.
Ruin was buffed. Change my mind
Old Ruin was booooooooring and annoying.
New Ruin rewards killer gameplay as intended (if the totem stays alive).
Frustrating new survivors was not a good game design choice.
Having a teachable that has to be used on every killer to have a chance to win was also not a good game design choice.
I'm against it simply it being made for the survivor's sake and not balance wise.(No matter how many times they try to walk back that statement.)
Overall ruin did need to changed but only once it was no long needed.
Imagine the devs removing blood lust without fixing any of the infinites in the game. We'd be back to square one of these issues which blood lust fixed much like whats going on right now with gen times/map size issues/everything else it was keeping together because they removed ruin.
It was stupid of them to nerf ruin, without adjusting gen speeds or altogether to balance the game.
All I saw from this update is, that the game has gotten worse.
The matchmaking is ######### up and everyone is ranking up to rank 1 without any percentage of skill involved.
It makes me sick to see DbD taking this path.
I hate gen slow down perks and heal slow down perks, they make the game even more boring, but for gods ######### sake, they need to fix gen rushing finally, so games aren't over within minutes.
It's a burden to play killer, a burden I actually don't take anymore.
That's why Im playing survivor currently. But now every killer has noed and is sweaty as #########.
Great update devs
Ruin was and still is necessary for the game's health. They changed it at the wrong time because the game's core isn't balanced in a healthy way. Now I see gens getting done in record time, just in case there was a ruin at play.
90% of my teammates are braindead now... before ruin nerf at least some of them were filtered out
Old Ruin was too much RNG.
If skill checks was rarely appeared, Ruin is weak.
If skill checks was often appeared, Ruin is strong.
Moreover, I don't know why most of the killer mains complain about Ruin's nerf so much, since old Ruin already useless against red rank survivors(mostly can hit great skillchecks, can find and destroy Ruin's totem really fast).
New Ruin is more consistentcy, it always does what it suppose to does even it against noob or pro survivors.
and with the new gatekeeper emblem, it's no longer punish late game strat now. You still can get iredescence gatekeeper emblem even you just got 4K when there is only 1 gen left.
I'm totally for it in itself, but the problem is that toolboxes and maps arent reworked yet, so it kinda creates for now a time where it's harder for bottom tier killers, but hopefully it will be changed soon and bring balance again
I'm indifferent. I haven't used Ruin is a long time. I mean, I guess I'm a little for it because it makes my Survivor games easier.
But mostly indifferent.
My choice was simple and easy because ruin was buffed not nerfed. It does a way better job at slowing gen progress when the killer plays smart. Also good survivors could just power through old ruin. But with new ruin you just have to keep them off gens. Plus you don't waste time by kicking gens all the time.