About Unnerving Presence and its impact on experienced survivors

Lately I found myself playing against a strangely high number of killers using UP and I noticed a thing: under the effect of the perk I'm able to hit more great skillchecks than usual. It's probably due to a combination of factors: with less forgiving skillchecks I focus more on the timing so I get better results, and the great zone is proportionally bigger in the smaller skillchecks, making it statistically more likely to hit the skillcheck in thegreat zone. I also noticed this was the case with other survivors.
In other words, Unnerving Presence seems to make skillchecks easier for experienced survivors.
I think something should be made to make the perk not an handicap in high ranks. The easiest solution would be to make the great zone affected by the perk, reduced or removed altogether, but other possible effects could be implemented like counter-clockwise skillchecks.

Comments

  • White_Owl said:

    Lately I found myself playing against a strangely high number of killers using UP and I noticed a thing: under the effect of the perk I'm able to hit more great skillchecks than usual. It's probably due to a combination of factors: with less forgiving skillchecks I focus more on the timing so I get better results, and the great zone is proportionally bigger in the smaller skillchecks, making it statistically more likely to hit the skillcheck in thegreat zone. I also noticed this was the case with other survivors.
    In other words, Unnerving Presence seems to make skillchecks easier for experienced survivors.
    I think something should be made to make the perk not an handicap in high ranks. The easiest solution would be to make the great zone affected by the perk, reduced or removed altogether, but other possible effects could be implemented like counter-clockwise skillchecks.

    Why nerf survivors if they can hit a difficult skill check? Just get rid of it all together if that's the case, problem solved. 
  • White_Owl said:

    Lately I found myself playing against a strangely high number of killers using UP and I noticed a thing: under the effect of the perk I'm able to hit more great skillchecks than usual. It's probably due to a combination of factors: with less forgiving skillchecks I focus more on the timing so I get better results, and the great zone is proportionally bigger in the smaller skillchecks, making it statistically more likely to hit the skillcheck in thegreat zone. I also noticed this was the case with other survivors.
    In other words, Unnerving Presence seems to make skillchecks easier for experienced survivors.
    I think something should be made to make the perk not an handicap in high ranks. The easiest solution would be to make the great zone affected by the perk, reduced or removed altogether, but other possible effects could be implemented like counter-clockwise skillchecks.

    Why nerf survivors if they can hit a difficult skill check? Just get rid of it all together if that's the case, problem solved. 
    Also, brown tool boxes give better odds at great skill checks so should we nerf those? 
  • White_Owl said:

    Lately I found myself playing against a strangely high number of killers using UP and I noticed a thing: under the effect of the perk I'm able to hit more great skillchecks than usual. It's probably due to a combination of factors: with less forgiving skillchecks I focus more on the timing so I get better results, and the great zone is proportionally bigger in the smaller skillchecks, making it statistically more likely to hit the skillcheck in thegreat zone. I also noticed this was the case with other survivors.
    In other words, Unnerving Presence seems to make skillchecks easier for experienced survivors.
    I think something should be made to make the perk not an handicap in high ranks. The easiest solution would be to make the great zone affected by the perk, reduced or removed altogether, but other possible effects could be implemented like counter-clockwise skillchecks.

    Why nerf survivors if they can hit a difficult skill check? Just get rid of it all together if that's the case, problem solved. 
    Also, brown tool boxes give better odds at great skill checks so should we nerf those? 
    The point is it to punish survivors who work in the terror radius but it doesn't, why the fact is the perk is a noob stomper.
    .When used against any competent survivor they can hit a skill check in fact you're literally just going to make it even easier to get greats.

     This means using an unnerving presence by itself with no proper synergising perk like huntress (unless you're the doctor) outright benefits the survivors more than it hinders that is not what a killer perk should do.

    This is actually a very good suggestion it makes it a lot harder for people to hit the skill check no matter what their experience level is, with this as I said before people who are already experienced with hitting skill checks can't use unnerving presence as free great material anymore.

    So outright reduce/ remove the great zone or simply as the person above suggested make it go the opposite way to throw people off.
  • White_Owl said:

    Lately I found myself playing against a strangely high number of killers using UP and I noticed a thing: under the effect of the perk I'm able to hit more great skillchecks than usual. It's probably due to a combination of factors: with less forgiving skillchecks I focus more on the timing so I get better results, and the great zone is proportionally bigger in the smaller skillchecks, making it statistically more likely to hit the skillcheck in thegreat zone. I also noticed this was the case with other survivors.
    In other words, Unnerving Presence seems to make skillchecks easier for experienced survivors.
    I think something should be made to make the perk not an handicap in high ranks. The easiest solution would be to make the great zone affected by the perk, reduced or removed altogether, but other possible effects could be implemented like counter-clockwise skillchecks.

    Why nerf survivors if they can hit a difficult skill check? Just get rid of it all together if that's the case, problem solved. 
    It's not difficult that's what the OP is saying.. it rewards the survivor with more great skillchecks which speeds up the gen..