Why potatoes and not carrots?

Yeah, i have nothing better to ask or discuss.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I actually don't know how potatoes started



    Ask the Irish, they grew potatoes

  • Potato is like the universal term for someone who sit's around and does nothing. So it kind of just grew in the community.

  • From my research on Google, it originated from a film:

    The phrase "I can count to potato" was first used in the 2005 comedy film The Ringer in which con man Steve Barker (played by Johnny Knoxville) pretends to be mentally disabled in order to compete in the Special Olympics

    It then became a meme, then people used it to insult others online. I think we can guess why it was used...

  • Potatoes are good, especially when fried. I'm gonna call them cabbage, because that's some #########!

  • I've started to call my teammates Glonks. They do absolutely nothing and die.

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    Potatoes are good, especially when fried. I'm gonna call them cabbage, because that's some #########!

    Have you ever eaten stuffed cabbage? My mom is from Palestine and it was a vegetable that was cooked often there. She’d blanch the leaves to soften them, put a mixture of either ground beef or lamb mixed with rice, herbs and parsley, roll them up, stack them in a pot and voila it until cooked. When done, it’s served with lemon wedges to squirt on the rolls. OMG I’m salivating thinking about it.

    Cole Slaw is tasty too!

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047634#Comment_1047634

    Have you ever eaten stuffed cabbage? My mom is from Palestine and she’s cooked it often growing up. She’d blanch the leaves to soften them, put a mixture of either ground beef or lamb mixed with rice, herbs and parsley, roll them up, stack them in a pot and voila it until cooked. When done, it’s served with lemon wedges to squirt on the rolls. OMG I’m salivating thinking about it.

    Cole Slaw is tasty too!

    I'd rather eat a bowl of plague's puke then cabbage. That's how bad I dislike it.. Lmao

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047666#Comment_1047666

    I'd rather eat a bowl of plague's puke then cabbage. That's how bad I dislike it.. Lmao

    Fair, can’t hate you for that.

    Now if you told me you dislike chocolate, we’d have some problems.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047634#Comment_1047634

    Have you ever eaten stuffed cabbage? My mom is from Palestine and she’s cooked it often growing up. She’d blanch the leaves to soften them, put a mixture of either ground beef or lamb mixed with rice, herbs and parsley, roll them up, stack them in a pot and voila it until cooked. When done, it’s served with lemon wedges to squirt on the rolls. OMG I’m salivating thinking about it.

    Cole Slaw is tasty too!

    I love this dish so much! You've made me hungry even thinking of it now :)

  • People should stick to calling it broccoli. I hate thag #########, even with cheese. I'm a cheese connoisseur btw.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    From my research on Google, it originated from a film:

    The phrase "I can count to potato" was first used in the 2005 comedy film The Ringer in which con man Steve Barker (played by Johnny Knoxville) pretends to be mentally disabled in order to compete in the Special Olympics

    It then became a meme, then people used it to insult others online. I think we can guess why it was used...

    I would think it spawned from the derogatory title of "couch potato", which refers to someone who sat around watching t.v. while doing nothing all the time. Insinuated a mindless laziness/inactive state.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047666#Comment_1047666

    I love this dish so much! You've made me hungry even thinking of it now :)

    I'm sorry! I went to visit my mom last week and she had it ready and waiting so it is still fresh in my mind.

    Another dish similar to this is the same mixture of meat and rice but stuffed in to zucchini, baby eggplants and small potatoes all cooked in an aged tangy sheeps milk yogurt and tomato sauce. OMG, I had that on Saturday, my favorite meal.

  • I love that one too @AvisDeene I lived in certain places in the Middle East for many years, and the food is very similar to what your mum would cook.

  • @Mandy said:

    I love that one too @AvisDeene I lived in certain places in the Middle East for many years, and the food is very similar to what your mum would cook.

    <3

    It's nice to meet a fellow food connoisseur

    I lived there for about 6 years during middle/high school. My favorite thing about that experience was the food. The top 2 things I miss are a good Shawermeh Sandwich and Crunchy Konafa. If I had access to them they would be the perfect gaming food.

  • LOL. Tks ppl, loved all answers. You are all awsome. :D