Just a little story

So my friend and I were playing DBD last night just ######### around, we were playing against a nurse, not amazing, not terrible. However, I ended up getting downed and hooked at which point, a random survivor (lets call them "steve") decided to do do the "hook exploit" thing.

So the nurse did what I do as killer and just stood there and waited for them to leave. After about 20ish seconds, this "steve" decides to leave, gets hit and runs off. My friend comes up and saves. Nurse was being a little annoying left the "steve", to tunnel me. I had borrowed time, got hit and lost her.

The game goes on, with 1 gen left the fourth random get's his final hook and dies, and "steve" finally gets hooked, first hook of the game actually. My friend and I literally popped the last gen, opened the gate and left.

In end game, "steve" said "YOU RUN KINDRED" "YOU KNOW SHE WASNT CAMPING ME" "WHY DID YOU NOT TRY TO SAVE ME"

So we told "steve" that we don't like people who try and exploit the game, so he said he was reporting us both. I actually don't know if he reported us or not. I just thought the story was funny.

Also, I will totally let you die on first hook if you knowingly exploit the game. Just play the game and have fun, don't try to ruin the experience for everyone else.

Comments

  • No mistakes made let him cry his salt out

  • You shoulda claimed that you didn't want to risk the Nurse having NOED. :P

  • I honestly don't see why people use this 'Hook tech' thing. Just take the hit or run away in my eyes. But, each to their own I guess.

  • I wouldn't worry about.

    People get upset at the smallest things in this game. Leaving someone on hook when gates are open is not a reportable offense.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I honestly don't see why people use this 'Hook tech' thing. Just take the hit or run away in my eyes. But, each to their own I guess.

    I mean, I just stand there as killer. That is two people doing nothing, easy map pressure.

    I know some killers that leave the hook and go chase someone else, and maybe that is why people do it, but I'll just face camp the poor guy on hook until you move. Like I said, I wasn't mad at the nurse (a little annoyed she gave up chase to tunnel me, but not mad).

    @FancyMrB said:

    I wouldn't worry about.

    People get upset at the smallest things in this game. Leaving someone on hook when gates are open is not a reportable offense.

    I am not worried about getting banned, I just liked the story and wanted to share. I mean we did like half a gen and then each went and opened a seperate gate... It had to be pretty upset watching us.

    It was just a funny story and I wanted to share it. lol

  • Is bringing a flashlight also an exploit? Is bringing a toolbox an exploit? You should've just said you were afraid of noed.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Is bringing a flashlight also an exploit? Is bringing a toolbox an exploit? You should've just said you were afraid of noed.

    I am confused by your logic? The "hook tech" is an exploit, because it something you are not supposed to be able to do within the game, however, a bug allows you to do it, hence the reason it's called an exploit.

    Brining a Flashlight or Toolbox is something the developers intended you to be able to do. Standing under the hook with 100% immunity to the killer is not something they intended you to do.

  • Ive been away for a good while. What is this hook exploit?

  • @mouse0270 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046645#Comment_1046645

    I mean, I just stand there as killer. That is two people doing nothing, easy map pressure.

    I know some killers that leave the hook and go chase someone else, and maybe that is why people do it, but I'll just face camp the poor guy on hook until you move. Like I said, I wasn't mad at the nurse (a little annoyed she gave up chase to tunnel me, but not mad).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046654#Comment_1046654

    I am not worried about getting banned, I just liked the story and wanted to share. I mean we did like half a gen and then each went and opened a seperate gate... It had to be pretty upset watching us.

    It was just a funny story and I wanted to share it. lol

    Oh trust me, I make it known one of us is going to crack, and it isn't me as Killer haha. I let them kill their teammate for me essentially. I might get called camper for it, but I'm not the idiot that essentially let them die for the sake of a easy unhook.

  • @mouse0270 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046687#Comment_1046687

    I am confused by your logic? The "hook tech" is an exploit, because it something you are not supposed to be able to do within the game, however, a bug allows you to do it, hence the reason it's called an exploit.

    Brining a Flashlight or Toolbox is something the developers intended you to be able to do. Standing under the hook with 100% immunity to the killer is not something they intended you to do.

    Flashlights are also bugged, hence bringing them is an exploit, no?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Ive been away for a good while. What is this hook exploit?

    When the killer is hooking someone you can get behind the survivor while the survivor is on the hook.

    the idea is to bait the killer to hit You but since your behind the survivor most of the time the killer hits the hooked.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046725#Comment_1046725

    Flashlights are also bugged, hence bringing them is an exploit, no?

    Given that I have no idea which bug you are referring to and just assuming you are correct. Yes, if you brought in a flashlight with the purpose of taking advantage of an bug, that would be an exploit.

    But in the similar instance as the basement bug, I think people didn't know about it at first and was informed later. For example, I hooked people in the basement before I knew about the bug, once someone told me about it in End Game Chat, I stopped hooking people there unless people were sabo'ing hooks or purposely running there. But I did try to avoid the bug to the best of my ability.

    If I am informed of a flashlight bug, I will stop using flashlights (I don't use them often now).

    I think very few people are accidentally 'Hook Teching' at this point. Assuming the flashlight bug is true, either it has had very little circulation or came out with this weeks patch.

  • @shadowman0105 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046741#Comment_1046741

    When the killer is hooking someone you can get behind the survivor while the survivor is on the hook.

    the idea is to bait the killer to hit You but since your behind the survivor most of the time the killer hits the hooked.

    hmmm. Yeah that wont get fixed till April at least. Now if it was a bug that was somehow helping killers, that would be patched before Feb.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046779#Comment_1046779

    hmmm. Yeah that wont get fixed till April at least. Now if it was a bug that was somehow helping killers, that would be patched before Feb.

    I mean it does technically help you. It allows you to pressure two survivors at once.