New Killer discussion

I've looked on the forums a little bit and somebody had posed the idea of adding a witch to the killer roster and I believe that is a pretty fun idea. I would like to suggest that you add baba yaga to The Killers because she already has a very interesting lore. Plus that her map could be her actual cabin in the woods on chicken legs that might move around... that idea just makes me smile

Comments

  • Yeah, new killers would be cool

  • Nah gimme freddy fazbear

  • @Hero_awesome said:

    Nah gimme freddy fazbear

    Lol, I think a game has already been using him. Thanks for your suggestion!

  • Just give me The Smasher.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    Just give me The Smasher.

    Trying to find who you mean, but idk where to find him.

  • There's been hints to the next killer being able to break walls etc (code was found in game referencing breakable walls). People have been calling him The Smasher.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043729#Comment_1043729

    There's been hints to the next killer being able to break walls etc (code was found in game referencing breakable walls). People have been calling him The Smasher.

    That actually sounds like an awesome killer idea if that's what they're planning. It would certainly change up chases. I honestly just want to see a killer that has a unique power, and not just another 1-hit slugfest killer.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043751#Comment_1043751

    That actually sounds like an awesome killer idea if that's what they're planning. It would certainly change up chases. I honestly just want to see a killer that has a unique power, and not just another 1-hit slugfest killer.

    I just hope he's not like...neutered. Like, god windows should be made to be breakable and stuff like that.

    *spawns in on Ironworks...immediately breaks god window*

  • I would really enjoy killer who are not the typical m1 killer.

    Sadly, from the actual playerbase of dbd, not many seem to have the same thought. Not a surprise, where the most killers today are m1 killers.

    If someone is still open for something different, he can check this out:

    @Talmeer said:

    As first, three things out:

    -Her name is not fixed but since I am pretty bad at actual finding names, I have just use this one.

    -This will not be a ordinary m1 killer and it is not intended to be one.

    -I will not go into perks or addons, since well... I am mostly interested into the basekit of the characters.

    So now let us come finally to the killer:

    I imagine this killer as a ghost-like character. She should be very hard to see besides her shady outlines. Her "walking" (better floating) speed should be same as, or maybe a bit faster as the one from the Nurse.

    Besides her look, she will come with 3 things that will distinguish her from the other killers:

    1) She is be able to teleport herself into a survivor*. If she did this, she will disappear from the map and the killer-player will lose his control about her.

    2) While she is "inside" the survivor, the survivor has to do immediately a number of skill checks, like he would heal himself or repair a generator.

    If he succed, the Damsel will be "throw out" of his body and the killerplayer has again control above her. However, everytime the killer player does this with one survivor, the survivor loses a bit of his "mental health" and the next time this happens again - the skill checks will be going harder for him.

    If the survivor fails, the same happens like above, just that the survivor loses even more mental health and jumps direct to point 3, no matter how many mental health he has left.

    3) If a survivor loses all of his mental health, or fails at the skillchecks, the killerplayer will be able to control the survivor!

    In this time the killer player need then as survivor, to hit another survivor in 15 secs or so (for the time he controls the survivor/also a knife will spawn in the hands of this survivor after he is controlled). Did he this 3 times succesfull, the survivor he has overtaken will count as "broken".

    If a survivor is in the "broken" status, he will be in the same status as would he hang on a hook (so yes, the damsel has no need for hooks like we know them).

    However, if a survivor is in the broken status, his icon in the gui will change and survivors can see, how he struggle with the knife in his hands, to kill himself. Also he can't move anymore.

    Now has another survivor 30 secs or so, to rescue this survivor. For this, he need to walk to this survivor and do a skill check based "revive" or however we want to kall this.

    In this time, the damsel can't attack the 2 interacting survivors (for balancing reasons).

    ------------------------------------------

    So this is it basicly. What did you say guys?

    It is a attempt from me to bring a fresh breeze into dbd. Ah and yes... The numbers and all that... The exact numbers would need to be tested on a ptb. So that the damsel is not helpless, but also not op.

    Anyways, I wish everyone a great day!

    *From a near distance. Thats food for the ptb.

    I would have more ideas, but well... The response was pretty silent and so I tink I don't need to post even more of non-m1 killers at the moment.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043757#Comment_1043757

    I just hope he's not like...neutered. Like, god windows should be made to be breakable and stuff like that.

    *spawns in on Ironworks...immediately breaks god window*

    No. You can't get my hopes up like this! I'll be crushed if this doesn't happen! 🤣

  • @Hero_awesome said:

    Nah gimme freddy fazbear

    That genuinely made me chuckle. Gimme all da animatronics!

  • I would like to see more monster/animal based killers. How we haven't had something like a werewolf added into the game yet is astonishing.

  • @Griffin4Godhand said:

    I've looked on the forums a little bit and somebody had posed the idea of adding a witch to the killer roster and I believe that is a pretty fun idea. I would like to suggest that you add baba yaga to The Killers because she already has a very interesting lore. Plus that her map could be her actual cabin in the woods on chicken legs that might move around... that idea just makes me smile

    Woot! I'm so glad you liked it! @Waffleyumboy helped me with some ideas for it. Baba Yaga would be perfect, especially as lore goes! Not to mention she'd fit right in AND give us another female killer.

  • I've personally been hoping for a Resident Evil chapter, plus with the wall smashing thing going around and Nemesis, well, doing exactly that, I've basically been a cheerleader for that idea. xD

  • I should have added to my original comment that despite the fact I truly hope that it's a Resident Evil chapter, I expect it to be a original and Baba Yaga would be a cool source for inspiration.

  • I think we all want new and interesting killers but we really need to fix the core game first and spread some love to most of the already in game killers who sit at a sad C tier or below.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043729#Comment_1043729

    There's been hints to the next killer being able to break walls etc (code was found in game referencing breakable walls). People have been calling him The Smasher.

    The "hints" you're referring to come from Dev Podcast 72. The Smasher was in pre-beta I believe and they removed him with climbing due to him being a technical and balancing nightmare. I doubt and really really hope they dont bring back an idea even similar to it as it is so broken.

  • @Papi_Sans1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043751#Comment_1043751

    The "hints" you're referring to come from Dev Podcast 72. The Smasher was in pre-beta I believe and they removed him with climbing due to him being a technical and balancing nightmare. I doubt and really really hope they dont bring back an idea even similar to it as it is so broken.

    There's actually been recent leaks about walls being able to be destroyed, so possibly they changed their minds.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1050976#Comment_1050976

    There's actually been recent leaks about walls being able to be destroyed, so possibly they changed their minds.

    Oh no. Please no...