Now, lets talk about "Gen Rushing"
Killers talk about "Gen Rush" when more than 1 gen gets done early game (first 2 mins into a game) cause pipping sistem (right now) needs you to avoid gens from being done as much time as you can for a specific emblem that makes you De-pip if you don't, that's why Ruin nerf affects some of them cause they can't handle compensating that emblem with the others due to their usual past gamestyle or just cause they don't find it fun.
The true problem almost no one mentions is that if how many gens were done didn't affect your pips nobody would care about gens being done early game and the term "gen rushing" wouldn't exist, I mean, as long as you get your 3k+ you shouldn't care about if the exit doors were open or not or how many gens were done as long as that 3k+ automatically gave you a pip (your objective is killing as a KILLER, this is not a saboteur nor a kick the gen simulator). Edit: It has to be a 3k+ game by 2+ hooks per survivor
But as long as early game gens done affect killer's pipping they're gonna keep getting mad for a lobby with more than 2 toolboxes.
The real problems that make killers perceive they're the ones having trouble are this ones:
Maps
Pipping sistem
Emblems sistem
Killers needing reworks (you know which killers I'm talking about)
In case you wondered, I'm an xbox player, Rank 1 Killer and Rank 2 Survivor, I don't camp nor tunnel as killer (I do bring map offerings cause I ain't dealing with bad maps) and as survivor I take my item off if I already see 2 toolboxes in the Lobby.
Comments
Exactly, how many gens get done early doesn't matter unless a flawed in-game system makes it matter.
@Carlosylu They changed the gatekeeper emblem with the ruin change. It now is more reliant on if the exit gates stayed closed for as long as possible, not how many gens are still up.
And as a counter to 3+ kills = auto win, the entity doesn't want you to just insta kill people in the first place. It wants the survivors to feel hope from almost winning a match (or making progress of some kind) and just having it ripped away from them (at least from how I can understand it). If you have a guarantied win, just mess with the survivors for a bit. Let unhooks happen and get more free points.
They need to comunicate that WAY more man, I'm an active member of forums and play EVERY game and I didn't know about the changes, we need the actual numbers pinned in the main page of every website for this "gen rushers" movement to stop.
And about my 3k+ being an instant pip up I still think this should work (I mean 3 hooks per survivor 3k+), you (killer) wanna tunnel to get a kill that's on you, we're gonna escape cause you didn't make us heal or waste time on other things, wanna make me focus on gens cause you want a kill and you're gonna camp and tunnel, be my guest. Now, important, I wasn't especific about it, my bad, 3k+ by mori shouldn't work the same as a three hooks sacrifice.
So 9+ hooks should perhaps be a guaranteed pip?
More like 7+ for grey to green and 9+ for purple and 10+ for reds.
This way, in order to pip on high ranks you actually need to be good at the game, tunneling and face camping ain't gonna cut it.
It was in its own dedicated post and in the patch notes, but I supposed it could've still been missed.
3K with 3 hooks a piece should def pip you, but it depends on how you do it.
Camping/proxying takes points away from you I believe.
Killers that can one shot in general need the emblem system changed because it only counts as 1 chase so low score. I've finished a Hillbilly game before with a 4k and no chaser emblem at all.
"Camping/proxying takes points away from you I believe."
This is not good... Even in red ranks, quick unhooks with borrowed are a thing... Sometimes I want to get away and I just can't do it fast enough
So, I agree the games go too fast...but gen rushing isn't a thing. It doesn't exist.
Survivors have no other objective. It's not their fault.
I'd hope downing the unhooker quickly would do more than make up for it. Not sure to what extent it affects your score.
My problem is that I play some lower tier Killers, and I struggle to get enough hooks in the amount of time I am given.
I think my average game lasts 6 or so minutes. That means I need a hook every 30 seconds to get a 3K. That is completely unrealistic.
The problem there is the maps man, tell me how it goes with Clown, Legion or Bubba in Hawkins, The Game and Lery's. I can 3k+ with low tier killers there no problem.
That could actually help man!
I'm with you, I'm just saying what other killers think as Gen Rushing, not my concept, I believe the exact same thing you do, I think it's more of a maps problem, not the speed of the gens
+1
I do have trouble on The Game with some killers. Most of the pallets are super safe