Will Licensed Characters Ever Be Featured in Future Rifts?

I know that will solely depend on permission from the owners if possible, but seeing particular animatics/lore featuring some licensed killers would be very interesting. Ghost Face would probably be the most flexible, considering the lore half of the killer was entirely original on your team's part. I only ask if this will ever happen?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Extremely unlikely. Pretty sure they don't have permission to create lore for them. It sounds like it's a struggle just to get the rights to add cosmetics for licenced killers.

  • I think it is more possible with everyone but Quentin and Freddy. I don't know about the licensing at the moment but at the time something was happening to it. That i can't remember right now.

  • @helix43 said:

    Extremely unlikely. Pretty sure they don't have permission to create lore for them. It sounds like it's a struggle just to get the rights to add cosmetics for licenced killers.

    The Ghost Face license is clearly the easiest license to work with looking at the count of his cosmetics alone, and his lore in-game is not based on anything, but bhvr's own creation. The license is just the mask. I couldn't say the same for the rest though...

  • Considering where BHVR is currently and how many licensed cosmetics we get nowadays, I do not doubt we'll get licensed Rifts down the road. A five-part story about Steve searching for a job and landing Scoops Ahoy and maybe a longer look into what happened after Ash drove off at the end of Season 3 are all likely and not impossible stories to tell for BHVR. I'm excited, I'll say that.

  • It's very unlikely. They said in their last stream that they want to make all characters featured in future Tomes/Rifts purchasable for shards for accessibility reasons. Which isn't an explicit "no" to licensed Tomes, but it does imply that they're not planning on it.

    If you're talking about just cosmetics for licensed characters being in the Rift without that character necessarily being the star of the Tome, then that's not entirely off the table, but I wouldn't hold your breath either.

  • I recall a dev replying to a similar topic regarding the pig as an example, and they said if they did licensed characters in tomes, tome challenges would not be character specific. It would be opposite of how we have Jane, David, Spirit, and Doc specific challenges now, but only because they can be free unlocks as opposed to licenced survivors and killers, who require AC to unlock.