How are we going to know this batch matchmaking is actually going to work?

If we can't see our own rating let alone the survivors ratings?

Smart move, if we can't see when the matchmaking breaks we can't complain about it

Comments

  • Batch matchmaking and skill ratings are two different things.

    The batch matchmaking takes a group of people (let's say, 100 killers and 400 survivors) and goes, "What are the best matches I can make with these people?" It compares their skill ratings and makes the fairest matches it can.

    You'll know if it's working because you should win about half your matches. The end result should be an average of two kills or so.

  • @Peanits said:

    Batch matchmaking and skill ratings are two different things.

    The batch matchmaking takes a group of people (let's say, 100 killers and 400 survivors) and goes, "What are the best matches I can make with these people?" It compares their skill ratings and makes the fairest matches it can.

    You'll know if it's working because you should win about half your matches. The end result should be an average of two kills or so.

    What is classed as a win?

    Because all we have so far to go off (the emblem system) denotes that simply getting 2 kills is not a win hence if you want the average kill rate to be 50% over let's say...10 matches you aren't going to win half of your games.

  • @Peanits said:

    Batch matchmaking and skill ratings are two different things.

    The batch matchmaking takes a group of people (let's say, 100 killers and 400 survivors) and goes, "What are the best matches I can make with these people?" It compares their skill ratings and makes the fairest matches it can.

    You'll know if it's working because you should win about half your matches. The end result should be an average of two kills or so.

    Unless you're switching something with the survivor emblem, we'll continue to win over 50% by a large margin (even if we die).

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1040456#Comment_1040456

    What is classed as a win?

    Because all we have so far to go off (the emblem system) denotes that simply getting 2 kills is not a win hence if you want the average kill rate to be 50% over let's say...10 matches you aren't going to win half of your games.

    I think Peanits means your AVERAGE kill rate should be 2k, so out of 10 games some will be 4ks, some will be 0k, but they should all average out to about 2k over those 10 games. If you're winning or losing more than average then the matchmaking probably isn't working as intended, which I'm guessing they're keeping an eye out for.

  • I have a feeling how this is determined is going to remain a secret.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    I have a feeling how this is determined is going to remain a secret.

    Time to data mine

  • Yeah I agree. I would like to see rating as well. I want to know if it's working or not instead of being left in the dark about it.

  • It probably won’t be left in the dark, it’s just not visible to other players.

    You’ll probably be able to see some sort of visual in regards to it, since it IS an overhaul to matchmaking I doubt they’d disregard the major part of the replacement, the replacement itself.

  • @Peanits said:

    Batch matchmaking and skill ratings are two different things.

    The batch matchmaking takes a group of people (let's say, 100 killers and 400 survivors) and goes, "What are the best matches I can make with these people?" It compares their skill ratings and makes the fairest matches it can.

    You'll know if it's working because you should win about half your matches. The end result should be an average of two kills or so.

    PLEASE

    We NEED to be able to see if skill matchmaking works or not.

    So we NEED to be able to see at least basic matchmaking data, just like we can see Ranks now.

    You cant expect us to blindly believe that new matchmaking will be better than the current one.

    You have nothing to lose, but its very important to us.

  • I think hiding the skill rating at all is a bad idea. Players like achievement and there is a great opportunity here to show us a measurement of our achievements. Otherwise I'm glad BHVR is working on these changes.

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    Yeah I agree. I would like to see rating as well. I want to know if it's working or not instead of being left in the dark about it.

    I might not be thinking about it hard enough, but I can't think of a good reason to keep a player's skill rating hidden from them and other people.

    It's a good way for player to provide feedback for the skill rating and matchmaking at the same time. I'm rating 72 and was paired up with players who averaged 30 and my ranking is probably closer to 20 as an imaginary example.

    It would also be really interesting to see how the rating is being calculated since it would clearly show what the devs believe to be "skillful" play is.

    I understand the rank hiding at this point. It's really just a charm for the tally screen with no real meaning.

  • Developers will never fix the matchmaking so they will hide the ranks.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1040625#Comment_1040625

    I might not be thinking about it hard enough, but I can't think of a good reason to keep a player's skill rating hidden from them and other people.

    It's a good way for player to provide feedback for the skill rating and matchmaking at the same time. I'm rating 72 and was paired up with players who averaged 30 and my ranking is probably closer to 20 as an imaginary example.

    It would also be really interesting to see how the rating is being calculated since it would clearly show what the devs believe to be "skillful" play is.

    I understand the rank hiding at this point. It's really just a charm for the tally screen with no real meaning.

    That's what I was thinking. I believe it's to avoid backlash for the new system not working out of the gate and while I understand backlash can be harsh and rude, it can also be constructive and helpful. They could also have something going on in the back that the players can't learn about. Whatever that is is a mystery :P .

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    “How are we going to know if it will work?”

    Um, no offense, but by patiently waiting and see how things play out.

    Why is it every time BHVR proposes to do something everyone’s’ knees jerk and they jump on here like the nazis are attacking.

    If any single person thinks they can do better than BHVR then please, create your own game and let’s see how it plays.

    I am not a BHVR apologist, but goddam, everyone take a pill.

    The problem is that they already said that Skill Rating will be hidden.

    So there will be no way to tell if it works or not.

    Thats the problem, I hope they change it

  • Feels like a good idea. If they can tie matchmaking to individual killers and allow player to try killers they are unfamiliar with that is a good step.