Is body blocking a guy in a corner against the rules?

he stole my item so I did it for like 2 minutes till a leatherface appeared and facecamped him 😂 I mean that’s karma and I highly doubt I’ll be punished but I’m just wondering for the future

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • That is indeed considered reportable griefing unless I'm mistaken.

  • Yes. Blocking a guy in the corner making sure they cant move anywhere counts as taking the game hostage and now you risk being banned.

  • @oxygen said:

    That is indeed considered reportable griefing unless I'm mistaken.

    Like I said even if I was reported for this I doubt I’ll be banned or even suspended in my eyes he deserved it

  • That's a bannable offence.

  • @Mak0 said:

    Yes. Blocking a guy in the corner making sure they cant move anywhere counts as taking the game hostage and now you risk being banned.

    That’s not taking the game hostage 😂

  • Guess the defendant claims guilty.

    Your honor? His sentence?

  • Yeah i'd ban you. If he managed to steal your item that means you were dumb enough to let him.

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038495#Comment_1038495

    Like I said even if I was reported for this I doubt I’ll be banned or even suspended in my eyes he deserved it

    Probably not, unless the player makes a proper report with evidence. And even then it doesn't sound like it's something you do on a regular basis anyway.

    But no, people never "deserve" to be on the recieving end of something that breaks the rules for doing something that while a dick move isn't against the rules. In my opinion anyway. You could've done something like refuse to save/help them instead if you really wanted payback and that's completely allowed 😉

  • The devs already stated that bodyblocking a teammate intentionally making him get caught by the killer is bannable (grief). However, there needs to be video evidence for it and a proper report by submiting a report ticket.

    Untitled Image


  • Going to close this here, because I can see this thread getting out of hand.

    Yes, this is definitely reportable and bannable under griefing - you are preventing that survivor from taking part in the game and deliberately causing them distress.