Falsely Reported
Hey all. I didn't know where to ask this and get a legitimate answer from a Dev or someone who knows what I'm about to ask. So basically I've been reported twice now today on the accusation of hacking. My question is how does Behavioural asses whether or not someone has been hacking without video proof? (I am not a streamer nor were there any in my lobby). I want to make one thing straight: I under no circumstances would ever hack or cheat. I would also hate to be falsely accused and end up being band due to it. Any help from someone with more knowledge on this than me or from a Dev would be greatly appreciated.
Comments
Reports do nothing so jokes on them
I'm doubtful you get banned but at the same time I wish BHVR punished people who abused the report system as a weapon. Doing nothing only enables their toxic behavior and allows them to keep using tools meant to discourage toxic behavior in a harmful way.
Either way I can sympathize. I've been threatened plenty of times with made up accusations just because a player was upset.
Yeah pretty much. One of the reasons I stopped playing on the 360. Almost any popular multiplayer game eventually someone is going to bad rep you just for beating them. At the time I don't think reputation did much on the 360 but it was still annoying having a false or maliciously assigned rating given to you from some salty player. The only thing I recall or at least was told is during the time on the 360 it would put you in a pool of players that also had poor ratings. Although it sucks they kept the system as it is when you can be banned for it now.
without video evidence linked and submitted into the "In-Game report system" you can be 100% sure nothing will come of it. I've been accused of hacking because I pulled a noob from a locker who slammed down a search box and thought it didn't signal the killer. Idiots will be idiots, let them look stupid just take screenshots and post them on your steam profile for everybody to laugh at
Even if you hacked, you wouldnt need to fear a bann.
Reports are just a joke in this game and sadly its a sport for survivor to press that report button next to killer after they have lost their game.
The number of times I have been falsefy reported for hacking or even camping (lol?) during my 700 hour playtime is just insane, and I am only aware about the reports they bragged about....^^
In-game player reports on hacking are investigated. Cheats can be detected by an automated system or through investigation of these reports. Video proof is an additional proof that can facilitate the investigation but isn't necessary for most case.
We do receive a high amount of false in-game reports for cheating / hacking, sometimes caused by game mechanic incomprehension or player frustration. These reports are discarded and cleared from your player profile. If you didn't cheat, you won't be punished.
Aka Skynet.
Well, merci beaucoup for the clarification! I'll be using your comment for future reference for now on!
Didn't mean to roast you! Just give an insight on how we are working
Facecamping isn't something we ban for.
I was so desperately searching for that clip where they came out and said they don't ban for facecamping - but it appears I was beaten to the punch by a higher authority. XD
@FrenziedRoach I am just a nerd with a title
@not_Queen
One of us!
One of Us!
ONE OF US!
Wow. Thanks all for the speedy replies on this. It's all much appreciated. It's good to know even if I get reported from salty survivors on the basis of hacking I'll end up being okay in the long run. Thanks Queen for the reply