Please Exercise Some Foresight For Once

4B1CE6A1-FE44-4EA8-803F-087CCA41ADE4.jpeg

————————————————————

I understand this initiative. I like the idea. I like the end goal. However, I really hope that these changes are made simultaneously

As in, the perks will lose synergy, but receive buffs in the same patch.

Which I feel, should go without saying.

But considering the “break it now, fix it later” mentality of most previous changes, I’m disheartened.

Comments

  • I mean, the easy way to reach said goal is to put a limit so that a given action cannot take more than X seconds; for example Sloppy and Thana may be affected by this so that the 3rd stack of Thana does not slow down healing since that lower cap has already been reached.

    But that's madness as is a way to brute force "variety" in Killer builds while the other side only has Ex. Perks to keep in mind, right? :)

    Right?

  • @PokemonGOPlayer said:

    I mean, the easy way to reach said goal is to put a limit so that a given action cannot take more than X seconds; for example Sloppy and Thana may be affected by this so that the 3rd stack of Thana does not slow down healing since that lower cap has already been reached.

    But that's madness as is a way to brute force "variety" in Killer builds while the other side only has Ex. Perks to keep in mind, right? :)

    Right?

    @PokemonGOPlayer

    If they were to use a “brute force” method.

    I’d rather just classify them as “slow down” perks, then just restrict the number to 1 per category; e.g. anti-heal, anti-gen, etc..

    That way, they can give the perks substantial buffs without worry.

  • @BabyOniMain said:

    Considering Ruin is garbage right now yeah I'm not too excited with their intent to change perks. It's like they're going from strongest things killers have and going down from there.

    @BabyOniMain

    Here’s to hoping.

  • How could the new Ruin possibly be considered better on its own than old Ruin? The logic defies comprehension.

  • @PokemonGOPlayer said:

    I mean, the easy way to reach said goal is to put a limit so that a given action cannot take more than X seconds; for example Sloppy and Thana may be affected by this so that the 3rd stack of Thana does not slow down healing since that lower cap has already been reached.

    But that's madness as is a way to brute force "variety" in Killer builds while the other side only has Ex. Perks to keep in mind, right? :)

    Right?

    The devs have said that they don't want to do this, as it would cause confusion about why perks suddenly stop working. Personally, I feel that they could just put in a check to display a warning if your perks would end up stacking above the limit, and just inform the player explicitly that the limit is, say, 10% slowdown on an action, and the equipped perks will have a max above that amount, so any effect beyond that cap won't happen.

    I understand that the devs don't want to give people explicit numbers to preserve the mystery of their game, but since there's a wiki that gives out all of those numbers almost immediately, I think that might be a lost cause.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/070/TQA7E8C9L1H1.jpeg

    ————————————————————

    I understand this initiative. I like the idea. I like the end goal. However, I really hope that these changes are made simultaneously

    As in, the perks will lose synergy, but receive buffs in the same patch.

    Which I feel, should go without saying.

    But considering the “break it now, fix it later” mentality of most previous changes, I’m disheartened.

    I really don't like this...

    Perks are all about synergies and cleverly combining them together, "solo" perks like Adrenaline are either OP or useless, if a perk has synergies, IT WILL NEVER BE USELESS, no matter how bad, as long as there exists a perk that works together with it, there will be people using it.

    This is going in a VERY bad direction.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123874/please-exercise-some-foresight-for-once

    I really don't like this...

    Perks are all about synergies and cleverly combining them together, "solo" perks like Adrenaline are either OP or useless, if a perk has synergies, IT WILL NEVER BE USELESS, no matter how bad, as long as there exists a perk that works together with it, there will be people using it.

    This is going in a VERY bad direction.

    @Archimedes5000

    If a perk has blatant synergies then it ultimately holds back it’s full potential.

    When something like Dying Light and Thanatophobia stack, then neither’s numbers can be high enough to be very effective on their own.

    Because then they’d be too oppressing together.

    ————————————————————

    They don’t blatant synergies to synergize. Perks like NOED and Bitter Murmur work well together because they activate at the same time and help each other naturally.

    Sloppy Butcher and A Nurse’s Calling compliment each other well by giving you more time to get in range.

    There will always be perks that synergize. Strictly numerical synergies just hold perks back.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032365#Comment_1032365

    @Archimedes5000

    If a perk has blatant synergies then it ultimately holds back it’s full potential.

    When something like Dying Light and Thanatophobia stack, then neither’s numbers can be high enough to be very effective on their own.

    Because then they’d be too oppressing together.

    ————————————————————

    They don’t blatant synergies to synergize. Perks like NOED and Bitter Murmur work well together because they activate at the same time and help each other naturally.

    Sloppy Butcher and A Nurse’s Calling compliment each other well by giving you more time to get in range.

    There will always be perks that synergize. Strictly numerical synergies just hold perks back.

    The problem is that Devs want to deliberately disable synergies between slowdown perks, like New Ruin with PGTW or Surge, forcing them to be used separately. I understand that devs dont want too much slowdown, but forcing it like this will just decrease build variety. Mentioned Thanatophobia and Dying Light are not strong perks, using them together is the only way to get any decent slowdown.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032519#Comment_1032519

    The problem is that Devs want to deliberately disable synergies between slowdown perks, like New Ruin with PGTW or Surge, forcing them to be used separately. I understand that devs dont want too much slowdown, but forcing it like this will just decrease build variety. Mentioned Thanatophobia and Dying Light are not strong perks, using them together is the only way to get any decent slowdown.

    @Archimedes5000

    I understand what you’re saying, I don’t completely disagree with you, but the devs are just looking at it from a different perspective.

    ——————————————————————

    You're saying this will limit perk diversity because you wouldn’t be able to use something like Dying Light and Thanatophobia together.

    You’re correct.

    ————————————————————

    The devs are saying by limiting their synergy and forcing you to use only one, then you’ll use other perks, thus increasing diversity.

    They’re correct.

    ——————————————————————

    You and the developers are just approaching it from different angles.

    The reason why they’re coming at it from their angle is to break the 4 slow down perk meta, that’s all.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032720#Comment_1032720

    @Archimedes5000

    I understand what you’re saying, I don’t completely disagree with you, but the devs are just looking at it from a different perspective.

    ——————————————————————

    You're saying this will limit perk diversity because you wouldn’t be able to use something like Dying Light and Thanatophobia together.

    You’re correct.

    ————————————————————

    The devs are saying by limiting their synergy and forcing you to use only one, then you’ll use other perks, thus increasing diversity.

    They’re correct.

    ——————————————————————

    You and the developers are just approaching it from different angles.

    The reason why they’re coming at it from their angle is to break the 4 slow down perk meta, that’s all.

    This is why perks should have synergies with multiple perks, so that there are multiple possibilities of synergizing them. If there is a combo that is too strong, then it should be balanced, not removed completly. And most perks that are stuck in 1 type of build are perks that are just WEAK, that one synergy is the only reason that perk is ever used, instead of removing the synergy, perk itself should be improved to work with more, different perks.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1032922#Comment_1032922

    This is why perks should have synergies with multiple perks, so that there are multiple possibilities of synergizing them. If there is a combo that is too strong, then it should be balanced, not removed completly. And most perks that are stuck in 1 type of build are perks that are just WEAK, that one synergy is the only reason that perk is ever used, instead of removing the synergy, perk itself should be improved to work with more, different perks.

    @Archimedes5000

    I addressed in my other reply to you.

    When there are blatant numerical synergies: like with DL and Thana, where they’re only really good when used together, then they can’t be buffed.

    That’s the whole point of my post. That I hope Behavior buffs those perks right when they remove their ability to synergize.

    So that they can be used as a solo perk and still be great.

    ————————————————————

    Behavior wants your perks to compliment each other like NOED/Bitter Murmur, or Inner Strength/Detective’s Hunch. Where it’s an indirect interaction, but they’re clearly still assisting each other.

    But they don’t want blatant numerical synergies: where they only increase a number value.

    ————————————————————

    Simply put, I get what you’re saying, I know what kind of synergy you want.

    Behavior wants a different kind of synergy, that’s that.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    How could the new Ruin possibly be considered better on its own than old Ruin? The logic defies comprehension.

    @ProfessorDunwich

    I could think of a few ways that it is, but for the most part it’s much less effective, especially on its own.

  • "Concerned that it may be cleansed?"


    I know for fact it will, why waste space on a dead perk?


    Also, less effective when combined with other perks?

    Ruin was kind of alone

    Now it can be paired with Surveillance.


    So much for that plan huh?

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    "Concerned that it may be cleansed?"

    I know for fact it will, why waste space on a dead perk?

    Also, less effective when combined with other perks?

    Ruin was kind of alone

    Now it can be paired with Surveillance.

    So much for that plan huh?

    People used Pop/Ruin/Thanataphobia/Dying Light all together. They removed it's synergy with things like Pop and Surge and other such perks. Pairing it with Surveillance doesn't increase slowdown just by brute forcing the game to slow down, it gives you a chance to slow down the game by chasing a survivor off with Surveillance, but it doesn't just make the game slower just to make it slower like something like Pop+Ruin would do.

  • @Huntar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1031119#Comment_1031119

    The devs have said that they don't want to do this, as it would cause confusion about why perks suddenly stop working. Personally, I feel that they could just put in a check to display a warning if your perks would end up stacking above the limit, and just inform the player explicitly that the limit is, say, 10% slowdown on an action, and the equipped perks will have a max above that amount, so any effect beyond that cap won't happen.

    I understand that the devs don't want to give people explicit numbers to preserve the mystery of their game, but since there's a wiki that gives out all of those numbers almost immediately, I think that might be a lost cause.

    @Huntar

    A simple warning would be a nice solution, but I think you’re right. They seem very adamant about giving as little information as they can in game.

    Using words like slightly, moderately, and considering—instead of 10%, 15%, and 20%, which are far more useful metrics.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034367#Comment_1034367

    People used Pop/Ruin/Thanataphobia/Dying Light all together. They removed it's synergy with things like Pop and Surge and other such perks. Pairing it with Surveillance doesn't increase slowdown just by brute forcing the game to slow down, it gives you a chance to slow down the game by chasing a survivor off with Surveillance, but it doesn't just make the game slower just to make it slower like something like Pop+Ruin would do.

    I've never seen that combo be played together. Not saying it wasn't played, but that's such an all-in combo, and it's so susceptible to stealth play/looping. Going all in on one perk combo does mean you don't gain strength in other areas.

    For example we could say each killer has their strength dictated by 3 categories:

    Chase potential

    Game slowdown

    Tracking

    Killers are inherently better/worse at some of these things relative to others. For example Spirit has immense chase potential, but no slowdown and mediocre to above average tracking, on the other hand Doctor has immense tracking, no slowdown and mediocre to above average chase potential. Perks supplement that.

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    "Concerned that it may be cleansed?"

    I know for fact it will, why waste space on a dead perk?

    Also, less effective when combined with other perks?

    Ruin was kind of alone

    Now it can be paired with Surveillance.

    So much for that plan huh?

    @Swiftblade131

    Ruin was a separate issue all together for them.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034367#Comment_1034367

    People used Pop/Ruin/Thanataphobia/Dying Light all together. They removed it's synergy with things like Pop and Surge and other such perks. Pairing it with Surveillance doesn't increase slowdown just by brute forcing the game to slow down, it gives you a chance to slow down the game by chasing a survivor off with Surveillance, but it doesn't just make the game slower just to make it slower like something like Pop+Ruin would do.

    @Atrushan88

    They’ll probably go after anti-heal perks after the anti-Gen ones.

  • @Lucama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034391#Comment_1034391

    I've never seen that combo be played together. Not saying it wasn't played, but that's such an all-in combo, and it's so susceptible to stealth play/looping. Going all in on one perk combo does mean you don't gain strength in other areas.

    For example we could say each killer has their strength dictated by 3 categories:

    Chase potential

    Game slowdown

    Tracking

    Killers are inherently better/worse at some of these things relative to others. For example Spirit has immense chase potential, but no slowdown and mediocre to above average tracking, on the other hand Doctor has immense tracking, no slowdown and mediocre to above average chase potential. Perks supplement that.

    You don't need chase potential when you have enough time to make them blow through all the pallets. Stealth play is potential but someone always blew up generators with old ruin at some point.

  • @BabyOniMain said:

    Considering Ruin is garbage right now yeah I'm not too excited with their intent to change perks. It's like they're going from strongest things killers have and going down from there.

    Ruin? Strong? Words that don't belong in the same sentence...

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1034391#Comment_1034391

    @Atrushan88

    They’ll probably go after anti-heal perks after the anti-Gen ones.

    And then what?

    Nerf slow down, nerf healing slow down.

    What's their vision for killer game play?

    Mindless chasing someone around broken loops while the others destroy the gens?

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1038850#Comment_1038850

    And then what?

    Nerf slow down, nerf healing slow down.

    What's their vision for killer game play?

    Mindless chasing someone around broken loops while the others destroy the gens?

    @Sylorknag

    I know what they don’t want to be happening, but I’m not sure what their overall vision is.

  • @ZtarShot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1031126#Comment_1031126

    Ruin? Strong? Words that don't belong in the same sentence...

    @ZtarShot

    Pretty much only somewhat good on high mobility killers, but even then it’s still a Hex.

  • @ZtarShot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1031126#Comment_1031126

    Ruin? Strong? Words that don't belong in the same sentence...

    Even though they were in separate sentences.

    Old ruin sucked tho

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/070/TQA7E8C9L1H1.jpeg

    ————————————————————

    I understand this initiative. I like the idea. I like the end goal. However, I really hope that these changes are made simultaneously

    As in, the perks will lose synergy, but receive buffs in the same patch.

    Which I feel, should go without saying.

    But considering the “break it now, fix it later” mentality of most previous changes, I’m disheartened.

    Yea, really unfortunate to see such a popular game go down the tubes. 4 months ago I was excited for the next rift outfits. Now I'm opening the game, and than closing it because I ask myself

    "is this really even worth playing anymore"... seriously... there are FTP games with better devs

    maybe one day.... LOL