So new Doctor is shockingly fun.

Granted I've only played a handful of games with our resident shock therapist. But so far he's really fun to play as. I'm still terrible with him, well all killers really. But he feels so much better to play without the stance changing.

That said, I have a question for you Doctor mains, or anybody who enjoys playing him really. What addons do you guys/and gals like to use? I'm messing around with different ones. But so far haven't noticed it mattering much.

Also any preferred perk builds would be interesting to hear. So far I'm still leveling him to get perks. But my tentative plan is Bbq, Wispers, Pop, and undecided on a fourth.

Comments

  • I'm actually in agreement.

    I didn't like Doc before, but I ran him a few times playing with different stealthy builds and was pleasantly surprised.

    I even did pretty well on Rotten Fields which was a big surprise.

    I'm probably going to max out his perks and play him a bit more often this weekend.

    As for suggestions. I'd say that you take what you have and see what you can come up with. Go in with a strategy and see how it plays out. That's what I'll be doing as I unlock perks for him.

  • I am hesitant on playing our shock therapist... he doesn't fit the way I play

  • @thrawn3054

    I love the changes that they made as well. I personally think it is a lot more balanced for both sides. The only thing I don't like is the snap out changes. I don't think you should keep your progress if you screw up. Here are some doc builds for you.

    Here are some Perk Builds you should consider. Unnerving Presence + Distressing + Huntress Lullaby/Overcharge/Pop Goes the Weasel. Increases your terror radius and triggers more skill checks. Huntress will make checks silent and other two will reset progress. You still will get tons of detection information.

    For a detection build use Barbecue and Chili + Whispers + Monitor and Abuse + a Generator stopping perk. You will know where everyone is and be able to position yourself well.

    If you want an Exposed build run Barbecue and Chili + Haunted Ground + Make Your Choice + Iron Maiden. People will use lockers to hide from your power and become exposed. You already get enough detection info. Only con is no generator stopping perks.

    Here are some good Add on Combinations

    The combination of Order and Discipline is good when it comes to chases. The illusionary pallet combination with constant red stain will really screw with a survivor and can cause them to panic.

    While not a direct correlation, you can use Obedience and Restraint as a combination for detection. The Obedience turning skill checks counterclockwise can cause survivors to reveal themselves for failed skill checks. Illusionary Doctors also give you really great information about location.

  • I suppose I’m in the minority who strongly dislike the rework. Doctor went from my favorite killer, to one I’m not gonna even bother playing.

    Not saying he’s bad, but I can’t play him the same way at all.

  • @ModernFable Was wondering what your concerns were? Open to different perspectives and actively curious.

  • I like the old doctor better way much funnier and tolerable . The new doctor is highly annoying it’s just SKILL CHECK SNAP OUT OF IT SKILL CHECK REPEAT. Yeah No I strongly dislike this new doctor and I will be dodging him upon first sight of seeing him in match. He has now made it to my dislike killer list.

  • @Samwise444 said:

    @ModernFable Was wondering what your concerns were? Open to different perspectives and actively curious.

    @Samwise444

    Okay, I want to preface this by saying for the survivor side, Doctor is definitely more fun to play against, and that I fully understand the direction Behavior took with him.

    That being said, and I’m gonna do my best to summarize this; the specific play style that I employed with Doctor is significantly less effective now.

    My outlook on killers is that you must be able to apply pressure globally. So with Doctor I utilized his gigantic Static Field terror radius with Calm and Order.

    The build: BBQ, Distressing, Overcharge, and Unnerving Presence.

    The aim: Make late game 3 Gens near unbeatable.

    Doctor isn’t Billy, Nurse, or Spirit. He can’t zip around the map, or ignore pallets freely. So chases tend to last longer and Gens pop against Doctor very quickly in the early game. But so long as you protected the 3 closes Gens, then that’s all you needed.

    With a 3 Gen combined with Doctor’s enormous terror radius, madness is always being affecting every single survivor. Which applies pressure in the eventual tier 3, but more importantly a constant tier 2 combined with the aforementioned perks made Gen progression near impossible.

    I was able to circumvent Doctor’s weaknesses by supercharging his strength. I consistently double pipped every other game, kept rank 1, and got lots of Blood Points.

    If you have anymore questions then I’d be happy to answer. But yeah, I hate the Doctor now.

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    I like the old doctor better way much funnier and tolerable . The new doctor is highly annoying it’s just SKILL CHECK SNAP OUT OF IT SKILL CHECK REPEAT. Yeah No I strongly dislike this new doctor and I will be dodging him upon first sight of seeing him in match. He has now made it to my dislike killer list.

    How will you dodge him if you're already in a match?

  • He will dc like every spoiled person duh

  • @ModernFable I completely understand since I use the same build with Doctor. I agree that the build is not as strong anymore since the field is not constantly emitting static. The doctor definitely does suffer from looping due to the concentration needed on his power and base move speed. Thanks for the input.

  • I LOVE the new Doctor. There's nothing more cool than stop a survivor fo vault or to throw a pallet but I'm not enjoying playing him on PS4... His lunge is short after this new uptade. The whole moviment survivor/killer is weird to me

  • @Samwise444 said:

    @ModernFable I completely understand since I use the same build with Doctor. I agree that the build is not as strong anymore since the field is not constantly emitting static. The doctor definitely does suffer from looping due to the concentration needed on his power and base move speed. Thanks for the input.

    @Samwise444

    You're welcome.

    Although it’s not just the Static Field.

    It’s in combination with the major nerfs to Snap Out of It, Madness, and because of how Static Blast interacts with Calm and Order:

    Before Static Field was a constant large terror radius whenever you wanted with Calm:

    Now whenever you use Static Blast (your only global presence) it considerably lowers your terror radius. Plus, before Order essentially reduced the time in between madness tiers. But now you’re locked in on a 60 second cool down for global tiers no matter what.

    On top of the multiple Snap Out of It nerfs, like that you can get out of tier 2 now, so all your afflictions won’t work constantly.

    I completely understand how people really like Doctor now, because he fits the mold right for most people now. But I can’t possibly understand how people think he’s a better killer now, much less top tier.

  • @ModernFable I can agree with that. Though to be honest, though I played him before the change I didn't think he was a top tier killer. While this comment might be against new players, given enough games against doctor, he is counterable.

  • Thank you for all the responses and ideas guys. I'll have to try out different things but the new Doctor is alot better for me.

  • @Samwise444 said:

    @ModernFable I can agree with that. Though to be honest, though I played him before the change I didn't think he was a top tier killer. While this comment might be against new players, given enough games against doctor, he is counterable.

    @Samwise444

    I’ve never thought Doctor was top tier, and he’s definitely been counterable, although not necessarily fun to do so.

    I’m saying I don’t understand how people think he’s top tier “now.”

    Also I don’t know what kind of survivors you play with. But in Red Ranks for both killer and survivor games, the majority seem pretty inept at skill checks.

    Great at chases and stealth, but my opponents/teammates appear really incapable when it comes to skill checks.

    There’s been an outlier game here and there, but for the mass majority, this has been my experience.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Thank you for all the responses and ideas guys. I'll have to try out different things but the new Doctor is alot better for me.

    @thrawn3054

    I hope you enjoy yourself. From what I can tell Stealth Doc seems better than ever.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1030579#Comment_1030579

    @thrawn3054

    I hope you enjoy yourself. From what I can tell Stealth Doc seems better than ever.

    He's been great for helping me find people. I'm terrible at finding survivors if they stealth around me.