Why does everyone had parent issues?!

(a bit of spoilers)


I am reading the first pages of david king lore and guess what- daddy issues

Reading spirits lore- more daddy issues

Claudette lore- Mommy issues

Trapper- Daddy issues

Jane- Parenty issues

Jake- Parenty issues

Oni- daddy issues

Clown-daddy issues

Meg-pareny issues

I can't remember more but godamn thats a lot of parent issues right there.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • No wonder this game is for kids under parental advisory xD

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Unfortunately, it is very... stereotypical in the end.

    I mean, I can see why they do it and don't really care. Makes all the lore very samey though and makes me rather uninterested hearing basically the same story over and over and over again.

    *shrug* I had ######### parents so I can relate to it. It might be samey but its relatable.

  • Myers also have daddy issues but not quite in the same way

    He has an issue with everyone calling him daddy

  • Yeah I’m not gonna lie I was a little disappointed that they went with daddy issues.... AGAIN.....

    Like it’s good that they were trying to flesh out the reason for David’s aggressive nature, but i was hoping for something more... original? Idk. :/

  • I always thought David was a typical college bro type who just loved to fight. Drunken English football thug style. Seemed to fit his character.

  • I’d prefer it if the lore was retconned to reflect how survivors come across in the game.

    For example Claudette would be a very toxic, selfish person. Willing to let everyone else die if it means preserving her own survival.

    David would be brawn but no brains. A dimwit willing to farm anyone from a hook in front of the killer.

    Nea is probably the most fitting. A rebel and a troublemaker. This fits the character of someone who runs around in trying to be the most visible character, clicking a flashlight at the killer constantly and tbagging at every pallet.

    The lore they created for these characters is out if date. The characters have grown into their own lore.

  • I have parent issues too in reallife, am I a Dbd character now? :D

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Unfortunately, it is very... stereotypical in the end.

    I mean, I can see why they do it and don't really care. Makes all the lore very samey though and makes me rather uninterested hearing basically the same story over and over and over again.

    I really enjoyed Yui's lore actually, didn't had parent issues and was more interesting

    I whish devs would create more diverse backstories for characters, for example doc worked for the government, thats interesting, but david's backstory soo far seems to be predictable "daddy is bad"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Unfortunately, it is very... stereotypical in the end.

    I mean, I can see why they do it and don't really care. Makes all the lore very samey though and makes me rather uninterested hearing basically the same story over and over and over again.

    Then here's hoping Philip won't even have any mention of parents on the Archives. 😜

  • I was disappointed with legions lore because they could’ve done so much more with it. I liked it but at the same time it was ehh. Frank had the typical “parent bad” (well parents) and was given detail but Julie, Susie and Joe were just oh yeah here’s them btw. I would’ve liked them to have more detailed lore :/

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    most parents those days do bad things but don't recognize the affect they have on their children and this is how issues are born and those children themselves will grow up and do the same thing their parents did when they have a child this will continue until of of those children become a murderer

    Or turns said parents into dolls. O.o

  • The true question is...who does have the worst daddy issues? I am going with oni

  • Dogs won't bite when they are trained well.