What are people's thoughts on Lery's? (from a gameplay perspective
I know new Lery's is nice to look at but what are people's thoughts on new Lery's in a game-play perspective.
I haven't played survivor yet on new Lery's but I have played a handful of games as killer, the games I've had have not been an enjoyable experience. When I'm on Lery's feel like I can't provide map pressure due to not being able to travel across the map quick enough due to all the corridors.
Although I am someone who has always disliked the old Lery's both as survivor and killer, I have been playing as Leatherface (a weak killer) so maybe it's too early to call.
Anyway comment your thoughts.
Comments
Any map that has walls is a bad map. It favors some killers while they generally hinder the vast majority of them. It's not really fun having your LoS be constantly blocked. It's also very difficult to find gens or loop because a lot of survivors aren't familiar with such maps.
The map is also insanely large and you, again, have to move through a lot of different areas to get from one side to the other. The map looks amazing, but from a gameplay standpoint it's just as meh as it was before.
The corridors feel more intuitive to me. The windows are still a bit generous but they are less dense to make room for a pallet or so. Overall not having any problems killer side yet.
The maps looks gorgeous.
Gameplay wise it doesn't seem like an improvement over the old version in any way.
It greatly favors killers. The main survivor advantage is being able to see the killer at all times with the 3rd person perspective. Interior maps greatly hinder this advantage as survivors cannot see through walls. There is a reason why interior maps have the highest kill rate. They are much more restrictive which disadvantages the survivor much more than it does the killer.
Pretty good, always are wider and the busted library loop is actually fair now. The higher ceilings help with clown bottles
It seems like killers have a big advantage on indoor maps because it's so much harder for survivors to find a gen. I can't tell you how many games I've been using Bond and my teammates are just walking around, looking for gens. So it might be slower for killers to move around but it's slower for survivors to do gens. On Lerys and every other indoor map. As far as gameplay, it seems to be the same to me. I am having fun hunting down new totem spawns though.
Visually it looks nice, gameplay wise I hate it, I’ve always hated Lery’s though.
It looks great, and it's balanced. Not too many safe pallets, not too many windows, but not too little either.
Visually great, but gameplay wise, they made the map even more confusing. Rooms with 2 entries on the same wall seem to be common, meaning you can't use them to traverse the map diagonally. Finding generators and loops is still a mostly guessing game.
They also added some god pallets, like the one at the edges along the long room. Which was actually patched out ages ago, because, go figure, it was too strong.
It massively favours stealth now, as it is ridiculously dark, and has lots of ambient noise, which masks the already quiet survivor sounds.
The semi-dead zones for Nurse were not improved at all.
Overall the rework was a waste of time, in my opinion.
Played a handfull of killer matches on this map and i quite like it. I've always liked the ton of LoS blockers that allowed me to cut of a survivor
Chases feel less like a straight line to me on that map
Played only one survivor game that match and i enjoyed it as well. Other then the killer being a hag and purple to red ranks still don't know you can crouch her traps