Challenges are still ruining the game
I have been playing for more than FOUR HOURS and haven't been able to get a second survivor challenge done (five safe unhooks) because people are, once again, only playing for the challenges. Glad to see nothing has changed.
Comments
love safe unhook challenges also love getting farmed every game
As survivor, I share your pain. As killer, I thank your teammates! But seriously, it's crazy the devs didn't learn anything from Tome I. I'm tired of these 'Single' trial challenges, because let's face it, Killers/Survivors will make sure they either mess it up or DC to stop it. And as for the 5 unhooks/protection hits in a Single trial? I thought that was a little too tough just for a page 1 challenge personally.
Take it easy, you have 70 days for the Rift and two weeks before Level 2 comes out (and even then you can still do the Challenges for Level 1).
If you play Killer, do those Challenges so that you can get from there to the Survivor Track, meaning that you have other Challenges than the other Survivors in your Lobby.
At this rate, it will take me more than 50 hours to finish this first level. That's totally feasible for people with jobs and lives and maybe another game or two they'd like to play.
Yeah I set the challenge and forgot about it. I always go for hook saves so I was like, I'll just play normally and get it done. Two hours later, I was like, "Oh crap, have I been playing without any challenge selected?" No. Everyone is just only working on hook saves so I haven't had the chance. In my last game, I watched one teammate make two unsafe saves in a row, probably trying to get the challenge done. Can't wait for the 'repair 9 gens in one game' challenge where everyone will die on their first hook while the Blendette doesn't move an inch off the gen.
The challenges bring out the worst in the playerbase. People throw games just to do their mission or DC/Sandbag to deny other players their own challenges. The least they could do is remove "single trail" missions.
And this system is here to stay! No changes were made from all the feedback given on Tome 1. So this is DBD now. Buncha people sweating for ridiculous challenges and ruining the experience for each other.
You can avoid all of this by playing 4-man SWF. But for us solo players, it's just not fun.
All my friends that I've tried to introduce to this game have quit, sadly. It's just not fun for rank 15-17 players to go against red and purple rank killers all the time. And yeah I had people throw pallets to block me while I was being chased so they could try to get flashlight saves, so I know it brings out the worst. It's just sad. The challenges really are having a major effect on the game and not a good one.