Gauging Interest For An Idea

This post is just to gauge interest in seeing a new incarnation of the "De-Pip Squad."

The motivation behind this is seeing people constantly bring up that experiment and others tell them it is no longer relevant. I think they have a point, DBD has changed a LOT in two years.

Therefore, I was thinking of doing a new experiment using myself (bad Survivor) and three friends (Average-Above Average Survivor).

I wasn't around for the original experiment and I am unfamiliar with the rules they used, so if we do this I would be using my own.

No perks to help do gens faster, i.e. Prove Thyself (Stake Out is okay tho, small bonus)

No toolboxes

Any other perk is fine, any tactic is fine.

Our win condition would be escaping, if two escape, we win. 2K, 2E is the target, therefore, that's our win condition.

I would be streaming it on Twitch, with my 0 followers. yay me! I would also be putting everything into a spreadsheet. What Killer, their perks, how many Kills he got, match length, ect ect.

I would like to shoot for 100 games before 4.6.0.

Please add anything else I may have missed and let me know if you would like to see this happen.

Comments

  • I'd be interested in watching the matches and would love to see the results, personally.

    It was before my time too, so I don't know a lot about the conditions at the time and how the current conditions would affect the experience, but I think there's value in trying it.

  • @scarslookgood said:

    I'd be interested in watching the matches and would love to see the results, personally.

    Well, we have one person interested. None of us are top-tier Survivor's. We are all (especially me) big time boosted.

  • I'm a below-average Survivor, so it's relevant (to me) how a team with varying degrees of skill would perform over 100 matches. I think it's a great idea

  • @scarslookgood said:

    I'm a below-average Survivor, so it's relevant (to me) how a team with varying degrees of skill would perform over 100 matches. I think it's a great idea

    Well, thank you! We are trying to be an average team using typical perks. The usual of like, DS, DH, BT and Adrenaline.

  • I don’t understand the 2 escape win condition. Most people view that as a draw.

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    I don’t understand the 2 escape win condition. Most people view that as a draw.

    If it should be the norm, then it should be a win.

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    I don’t understand the 2 escape win condition. Most people view that as a draw.

    If it should be the norm, then it should be a win.

  • Then it’s a win for the killer also....does that not make it a draw? If you hypothetically played 10 games and all ended with 2K/2e, if you said survivors won all the games that would be incredibly misleading.

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1018958#Comment_1018958

    Then it’s a win for the killer also....does that not make it a draw? If you hypothetically played 10 games and all ended with 2K/2e, if you said survivors won all the games that would be incredibly misleading.

    Hmmm. How about this, if the game ends in a draw, it comes down to pips? I, personally, use pips as a measure of winning, but the kills and escapes thing is way more reliable.

    So basically, 2K 2E, then we see how many of us pip'd that game.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1018969#Comment_1018969

    Hmmm. How about this, if the game ends in a draw, it comes down to pips? I, personally, use pips as a measure of winning, but the kills and escapes thing is way more reliable.

    So basically, 2K 2E, then we see how many of us pip'd that game.

    I don’t know, just my opinion but I’d go by the classic -

    0-1 escapes - killer win

    2 escapes - draw

    3-4 escapes - survivor win

    I think it’s straightforward and how many judge games (including the devs given the 2k balance point we hear about). I guess you could always just record all the data, including pips, and let people interpret it as they please.

  • @Karl_Childers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1018991#Comment_1018991

    I don’t know, just my opinion but I’d go by the classic -

    0-1 escapes - killer win

    2 escapes - draw

    3-4 escapes - survivor win

    I think it’s straightforward and how many judge games (including the devs given the 2k balance point we hear about). I guess you could always just record all the data, including pips, and let people interpret it as they please.

    I'm not sure I like having the draw there, but I suppose it might be needed. Thank you for your input!