Limit rank reset

So I'm a survivor main who occasionally plays as Freddy, have done since the good old days when he was terrible. But because I hardly ever play killer, I'm back down to rank 20 despite having reached rank 11 previously. Obviously I'm not great, but I'm ruining the days of many new players cos I got Freddy to P2-50, with loads of sick perks and add-ons, and I'm playing against rank 18 survivors who don't know how to beat me. I'll probably never play killer enough to avoid rank 20. I think there should be a limit to how far you can regress. Anyone else feeling this??

Comments

  • @Ol_Philly_Six said:

    So I'm a survivor main who occasionally plays as Freddy, have done since the good old days when he was terrible. But because I hardly ever play killer, I'm back down to rank 20 despite having reached rank 11 previously. Obviously I'm not great, but I'm ruining the days of many new players cos I got Freddy to P2-50, with loads of sick perks and add-ons, and I'm playing against rank 18 survivors who don't know how to beat me. I'll probably never play killer enough to avoid rank 20. I think there should be a limit to how far you can regress. Anyone else feeling this??

    As a killer main that switched recently myself I hear this a lot. Simple fix. Stop bringing in all you tier 3 meta perks. Play without perks or addons. Give them a chance.

    Don't camp nor tunnel. Not saying u do. But if you know your at a rank you shouldn't be give yourself a handicap.

  • You should double pip in low ranks and I think it's only 3 pips in each grey rank. So it shouldn't take you too long. And I think the lowest you can get is rank 17 with new rank reset.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121967/limit-rank-reset

    As a killer main that switched recently myself I hear this a lot. Simple fix. Stop bringing in all you tier 3 meta perks. Play without perks or addons. Give them a chance.

    Don't camp nor tunnel. Not saying u do. But if you know your at a rank you shouldn't be give yourself a handicap.

    Yeah, now that you've said that, it seems obvious, never occurred to me to change my build to something less powerful haha. I guess BBQ, Thana, pop, & nurse's calling is a bit OP for my rank :)

    @HellDescent said:

    You should double pip in low ranks and I think it's only 3 pips in each grey rank. So it shouldn't take you too long. And I think the lowest you can get is rank 17 with new rank reset.

    Yeah I've been double-pipping, but I usually only play a couple of killer games a month (if that), cos I mainly swf (we don't use death-squad tactics or anything, we usually stay around rank 7 or 8). I was rank 16 last time I checked, but maybe that was before they added the limit (I feel kinda dumb now, knowing that I'm asking for a limit and apparently there already is one haha).

  • Just feel I should state that I never camp or tunnel, and I will let people go if I find them again too quickly.