Here's a wacky concept

Killers should get 2x the chaser points for one-shotting a survivor so I stop getting bronze chaser 4ks as Billy.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Comments

  • @AsePlayer said:

    Killers should get 2x the chaser points for one-shotting a survivor so I stop getting bronze chaser 4ks as Billy.

    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

    I actually agree. Unless it's a noed one-shot. Only if it's part of their base kit ability.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121620/heres-a-wacky-concept

    I actually agree. Unless it's a noed one-shot. Only if it's part of their base kit ability.

    I feel like they'd mess that distinction up tbh. I'd even be fine with NoED one shots counting if it meant getting it in the game ASAP. I have to intentionally bully survivors for extra chase points sometimes if I want to actually pip lol

  • There are so many issues with the Emblem system, this is only one of them. I feel like the Emblem system is a lost case and the devs should come up with something entirely different.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010252#Comment_1010252

    I feel like they'd mess that distinction up tbh. I'd even be fine with NoED one shots counting if it meant getting it in the game ASAP. I have to intentionally bully survivors for extra chase points sometimes if I want to actually pip lol

    Yeah. They'd probably implement a system like this, and break chase music somehow. Or some other random, completely unrelated thing.

  • Absurd! How dare you make such a ridiculous request?

    Like above, I think it should only apply to basekit one-shots. And also maybe some extra points for other killers using their powers in chase, freddy, doc, huntress etc.

  • How about no since there are too many Billies and Leatherfaces ONLY using their saws? You have a mallet. Use it.

    Or what about Plague with her vomit? Does she get the bonus?


    I like that the emblems do currently punish those who rely on what I would describe as cheap tactics. If this worked for Myers, Plague or Ghostface, I'd be fine with it. They have to WORK for their instant downs.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    How about no since there are too many Billies and Leatherfaces ONLY using their saws? You have a mallet. Use it.

    Or what about Plague with her vomit? Does she get the bonus?

    I like that the emblems do currently punish those who rely on what I would describe as cheap tactics. If this worked for Myers, Plague or Ghostface, I'd be fine with it. They have to WORK for their instant downs.

    Cheap tactics? You mean what their literal base kit is?

    Do you want everyone to be an M1 killer or something?

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    How about no since there are too many Billies and Leatherfaces ONLY using their saws? You have a mallet. Use it.

    Or what about Plague with her vomit? Does she get the bonus?

    I like that the emblems do currently punish those who rely on what I would describe as cheap tactics. If this worked for Myers, Plague or Ghostface, I'd be fine with it. They have to WORK for their instant downs.

    I always do have to laugh when I face a billy main who just refuses to M1. I had a guy earlier who kept sawing people off the hook even though they had borrowed time, I don't know why I found that so funny.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010331#Comment_1010331

    Cheap tactics? You mean what their literal base kit is?

    Do you want everyone to be an M1 killer or something?

    I mean that GF, Myers and Plague actually earn their's. Billy and Bubba don't. I don't want ALL killers to be strictly M1, but ffs it's a utility tool that is also a super powerful weapon.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010331#Comment_1010331

    ???

    This is like saying Survivors shouldn't be rewarded with evader for using window vaults and pallets to extend the chases because using them is a "cheap tactic".

    And no. That's the Survivor's only option outside of flashlights. I'm saying stop relying on your saw unless you have Speed Limiter. You are literally cutting chases in half, so you should get half the reward.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    How about no since there are too many Billies and Leatherfaces ONLY using their saws? You have a mallet. Use it.

    Or what about Plague with her vomit? Does she get the bonus?

    I like that the emblems do currently punish those who rely on what I would describe as cheap tactics. If this worked for Myers, Plague or Ghostface, I'd be fine with it. They have to WORK for their instant downs.

    For plague I'd think they would just make hitting a broken survivor regardless of how they became broken to count as a X2(Both for score and BP) hit as its either:

    A risk/reward perk for the survivor so why should the killer be punished for stopping greedy perks like second wind/Deliverance?

    Or its part of the base kit/addons for the killer like plague as you said or legion with their legion pin add on.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010372#Comment_1010372

    Stealth. Juking, etc. I've gotten iridescent evader by not getting in a single chase multiple times. I prefer stealth compared to being in a chase, so I know it's definitely not the only option survivors have.

    Again, it's like saying survivors should be punished for using their kits to keep them alive. The entire point of the chaser emblem is to end chases as to catch and down the survivor as fast as possible. The entire point of the evader emblem is to not be caught and to escape from the killer for as long as possible.

    Survivors are rewarded more for using their tools.

    Killers are punished more for using their tools.

    That's incredibly stupid and imbalanced.

    I don't see why there should be any difference. It's not like the chainsaws don't have counters to them. Especially Bubba's. And it's not like most insta downs, especially perks, don't have a conditional requirements for them to activate in the first place which again, can be avoided entirely or countered. The only couple exceptions are Clown's pinky finger and Huntress' iri heads which are slated to being changed anyway.

    Chainsaws are the NoED of instant down powers. No buildup or conditions to be met. You just go with an easy to use instant-down.

    I acknowledge that there are counters, but not really when you're outside of a jungle gym, with a killer who insists on only using their chainsaw when they're body-blocking you. Or running insta-saw.


    And I also accept that Redhead's Pinky Finger and Glass Heads are their own problem, but they are also hard to aim ranged items, and that like the saws, are also susceptible to the body-blocking issues. I will criticise of both.


    All I am saying is that if you want to rely on something like a chainsaw, then you should deal with the consequences on relying on such a tool. If I wanted to play the game with one health state, I'd use No Mither.

  • Its so funny to just watch people write paragraphs on these things.