I dont understand why some people say they need to increase gen times like why??

Back in 2016 when the game was very mutch unbalanced towards the surviver side they actuelly decided to increase the generator time. Thats why i think there is other solutions to the problem some people are having. Today the game is so mutch more balanced compared to 2016 and with means that they should not change the generator time again.

Comments

  • The game can be over in 3 minutes on the dot if the survivors do the generators.


    The amount of time each survivor has on hook is 3 minutes. Meaning that in total the time a killer has to do their objective is.... In 12 minutes.... 4 times more than the time the survivors have to get their objective done.


    Now this isn't going to be every game

    But at rank 1 - there's a reason good survivors don't rush the unhook.

  • @Jonathanskilz said:

    Back in 2016 when the game was very mutch unbalanced towards the surviver side they actuelly decided to increase the generator time. Thats why i think there is other solutions to the problem some people are having. Today the game is so mutch more balanced compared to 2016 and with means that they should not change the generator time again.

    It depends on map and skill level. Also what killer you play. If you’re a hag, trapper, basically any m1 killer, you just can’t patrol and cover enough map area to put pressure on the gens with 80 seconds. You toss in a few toolboxes and no ruin and it’s game over.

  • @gamerscrybecauseofme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008271#Comment_1008271

    Lol talking like you get optimal survivors in every game. Half of games are swf, so that's blown your crybaby nonesense out the water. So, with the remaining 50% who are swf, we will split into 3 groups, 2man, 3man and 4man. We will give them equal share (unless someone has data) 17% (rounded) of the 17% of 4man swf, you seriously trying to say that they're all survivor fiends that play to gen rush only? Because that's a fat no! It's my experience that even 4man swf are 🥔 too, I would easily say that 90% of my games end in an easy 4k, leaving 1.7% of players that fit anywhere between 3k and 4 man escape, or attempted gen rush. That's a tiny amount of games.

    So yeah Git Gud. Stop tunnelling and camping. Anticipate their move. Mind game. Run non meta perks. Or, you know, play survivor, see how easy it is 😂

    I feel like a lot of what you are saying is untrue.

  • @BrendanLeeT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008457#Comment_1008457

    1.7% of players play optimally and gen rush? I'd like to see this data because you can watch streamers on Twitch get hammered by SWFs and people watch their highlights and say they stomp people but if you actually watch them live you see sometimes the steamer getting stomped.

    If you have a good enough PC I'd like to see some footage of you playing in multiple games at rank 1 because it's easy to escape in 90% of survivors games but to 4k in 90% of your matches? Yeah probably against people with under 100 hours but nowhere near people with 500+ unless you pull out a bunch of stupid addons.

    Again tell me how you pressure 4 survivors as the Clown on Wretched Shop when they all run to the structure. You getting a 4k in 90% of your games is not telling me how to do it and from experience most people who claim to 4k easily at rank 1 with no issues never post any evidence.

    Oh and there is no need to call me a cry baby when I've put effort in my post and not did a one liner "Git gud". If you're going to call everyone who disagrees that killer is too easy a cry baby then leave this forum because I want civil discussions with people, I don't want to reply to people who will throw a tantrum like a toddler if someone doesn't agree with their post.

    Bring an offering to the game or lery’s. 2 DCs will help you out alot

  • You said that so polite, props to you.

  • @gamerscrybecauseofme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1016568#Comment_1016568

    I haven't used ruin since PGTW appeared in the shrine. Ruin is a lazy and mostly terrible perk/hex. At red ranks, survivors play through it, it gets found almost immediately or doesn't last longer than 60 secs before it does go in most games, so why would i run it? At least with pop, I get to control how the game goes, add overcharge and I am doing better than ruin ever could.

    I don't use spirit, nurse, Freddy, Billy etc, it's just too easy with them, there's little survivors can do against them to help them win, other than hope the killer is another rank 10 pip sweater.

    Yes, the idea that almost all your games end in gen rush, is too a pics or it didn't happen scenario....

    Without a doubt, there's too many potatos in red ranks, both killer and survivor. There's a rank ceiling, that everyone can hit over time, which is why ranking needs to be completely overhauled.

    I hate playing against potato swf squads, just because they're communicating, doesn't increase their ability to play. I absolutely love the strong SWF teams , that come in with a plan and strategy, unfortunately theyre few and far between, but these games I certainly feel pushed, which is great fun compared to the boring rank 10s that just sweat the game into red ranks.

    When i play survivor, it's reconfirmed, if I solo queue, the killer almost always wins, if I double team I have a better chance, 3 man we can annoy the killer, 4 man is about even, sometimes we make the killer look like a rank 10 pip sweater sometimes we get raped by the 3rd gen.

    I love the part where you explain how survivors work through ruin, yet are unable to deal with overcharge. What ranks are you playing yellow?

  • @scat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1003257#Comment_1003257

    So 6.4 seconds doesn't do anything for you, but 8 seconds is game changing?? Hahahaha I never knew that 1.6 seconds was so important on a generator

    Well when percentages come into play, increasing the gen times would only make perks like PGTW, Thana, Surge, become much more useful, since they can chunk out more of a gen at a time. Thana can be really good ngl. A free 16% gen and healing speed reduction on Plague and Legion. Pair it with Sloppy and PGTW and then you get a nasty combo on any other killer than Plague and Legion. (Sloppy on Plague is like distressing on Hag.)

  • @vampire_toothy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1016094#Comment_1016094

    Well, I think we can both agree that the ranking system is in great need of improvements if it's to do its job properly however I do not believe we will ever get a perfect rank system for this game purely due to the fact that it's way too unique in comparison to other games to really get an idea of where to begin or how to even properly judge someones skill in the game.

    As I believe I've mentioned in my previous post, I've also agreed that the game shouldn't be balanced around the extremes however it's still very important to acknowledge the frustrations some of these groups can bring especially with some of the brutal perk and map setups that can occur.

    However beyond that I can see that our stances on killers & maps are vastly different and to that I'd like to say that neither one of us will manage to change the mind of the other. However I will say that I do not believe any killer is OP at the current state of the game, there are some annoying ones but the annoyance some of them cause should not be mixed up with their actual strength level. Some of my best matches are against the strongest killers like Hillbilly, Huntress & Oni because I believe that in the case of Hillbilly & Huntress at least, the best player wins the chase and they have fair counterplay that any player can learn.

    Maps on the other hand are in heavy need of altering, even if you cannot agree on the idea of shrinking the maps there are others that simply have setups that are way too strong. For instance Rotten Fields & Ormond have tiles that all chain into each other, Disturbed Ward features the strongest middle structure in the game (often referred to as an infinite or near infinite loop), etc. This is not to say that maps don't occasionally screw survivors either because I also understand that RNG can seriously ruin a match on gas heaven and the incredibly weak pallets on Hawkins can be annoying. Maps across the board can and should be improved in reasonable ways to ensure interactive gameplay for both sides.

    Lastly while you've provided a decent point on solution #2, I've still not heard what it is about a small map that you don't like nor have you explained why the killers you've listed are overpowered. I can at least understand people being annoyed about Freddy or Spirit, I can see the argument that could be made for Billy against a solo group but I fail to see how any reason can be made for Ghostface being too strong. I think lastly it's important to take a step back as you made a point that too many players are able to pip up to rank 1 too easily on both sides, don't you think that would have an influence on the strength of these killers and their killrates?

    With gf, it's more about solo queueing, as too often team mates are getting exposed and downed too soon.

    Small maps, i don't hate them, they're just too easy to win on. I sometimes even see if I can 5 gen on them (I don't) Once pallets are cleared, survivors are done for. Conversely, as survivor I do like small maps, as they're indoors and have great hiding and looping places, aswell as loop links.

    Talking of loop links, it's literally one of the roles of the killer to block off paths to loops. We know that's where the survivors want to go, so bait it and strike.

    The overpowered killers, now these bad boys, spirit and Freddy mainly, are a wet dream of killing. Spirit, once in her terror radius, you're #########. Especially if the killer is using a headset! Sure, someone will say "iron will" which is useful, but survivors don't have a whole tonne of choice when it comes to directions for safety. Freddy.....how many abilities do they want 1 killer to have? Then they give him a game slow down perk too! Foolish are the survivors that don't wake themselves up. But the ability to pop up on a gen then slow survivors in a chase is overpowered and completely unnecessary to catch someone that moves slower than you anyway. His stats will be interesting to see

  • Yes, that's why feelings aren't import outside ourselves.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1016619#Comment_1016619

    I love the part where you explain how survivors work through ruin, yet are unable to deal with overcharge. What ranks are you playing yellow?

    Well, this guy was obvious.

    Survivors working through ruin and survivors hitting ruin skill checks isn't the same thing. Have you even played a game before? How's the level 20 bubba's treating you?

  • Wanna know why? Because I just got a 4k in a match, where I patrolled as much as you could possibly with Killer. Still got a silver in Gatekeeper, and still only got a single pip in a match I Iridescent in all other categories, and I also got 32k points (maximum).

    Yet the game just told me, I did "alright" but not the best.

    THE. LITERAL. GAME. THAT. MY. GOAL. IS. TO. KILL. PEOPLE. TOLD. ME. THAT. I. DID JUST. ALRIGHT. WHEN. I. DID. BEYOND. THE. EXPECTATION.

    Why does a game treat me like a service worker at Walmart?

  • @gamerscrybecauseofme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1018702#Comment_1018702

    Well, this guy was obvious.

    Survivors working through ruin and survivors hitting ruin skill checks isn't the same thing. Have you even played a game before? How's the level 20 bubba's treating you?

    Yeah sorry I don't know in which world you think overcharge will do anything against survivors but seems legit. As legit as 4 toolboxes solution is franklin's demise since you are able to hit 4 survivors at once 😂

    You should use the word ######### more often facepalm

  • Does more than ruin! Plus the notification can be handy. I am sorry you tried Franklin's but weren't good enough to keep pressure on the wikkle survivors 😢 I hit a survivor, they're on hook 20 seconds later, I am not the one with trouble v survivor issues, like most killers in here

  • @gamerscrybecauseofme said:

    Does more than ruin! Plus the notification can be handy. I am sorry you tried Franklin's but weren't good enough to keep pressure on the wikkle survivors 😢 I hit a survivor, they're on hook 20 seconds later, I am not the one with trouble v survivor issues, like most killers in here

    🤣 you dont understand why it is a wasted perkslot is ok. overcharge maybe works till rank 10 at best. Sorry but you are a joke. Nobody needs franklin's because the person one does chase ends up on the hook and can not use the item anyway, franklin's only helps with septic and nothing else. But yeah you just spill your knowledge, do us all a favor, make a twitch, make a VoD, 50 matches r1 with clown on red forest. Equip your franklins and overcharge. I really wanna see that 🤣

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1020239#Comment_1020239

    🤣 you dont understand why it is a wasted perkslot is ok. overcharge maybe works till rank 10 at best. Sorry but you are a joke. Nobody needs franklin's because the person one does chase ends up on the hook and can not use the item anyway, franklin's only helps with septic and nothing else. But yeah you just spill your knowledge, do us all a favor, make a twitch, make a VoD, 50 matches r1 with clown on red forest. Equip your franklins and overcharge. I really wanna see that 🤣

    Compared to ruin, it's definitely not a wasted perk slot 😂 yes, when they get unhooked, it's further time wasted as they go find their toolbox... but you know, that doesn't matter right? Time wasted against gen rushers! But hey, point to the forum posts where you see me crying about a scenario you guys seem to say happens all the time.. to you! Why would I make a twitch account? Do any of that? I play for fun, not to show off. Not my fault you suck as a killer and need to get help from content streamers 😂 Git Gud! Learn to apply pressure! Stop camping and tunnelling! Try other perks! Learn how ######### ruin was and adapt to become a better killer, learning what most great killers did when we stopped using ruin.

  • @gamerscrybecauseofme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1020294#Comment_1020294

    Compared to ruin, it's definitely not a wasted perk slot 😂 yes, when they get unhooked, it's further time wasted as they go find their toolbox... but you know, that doesn't matter right? Time wasted against gen rushers! But hey, point to the forum posts where you see me crying about a scenario you guys seem to say happens all the time.. to you! Why would I make a twitch account? Do any of that? I play for fun, not to show off. Not my fault you suck as a killer and need to get help from content streamers 😂 Git Gud! Learn to apply pressure! Stop camping and tunnelling! Try other perks! Learn how ######### ruin was and adapt to become a better killer, learning what most great killers did when we stopped using ruin.

    You got it wrong, i am the one doing it with friends to others. There are a handfull of killers capable to play a game flawless, none of them have I seen with franklin's nor overcharge. You know you argue on the level of "just break the pallet". Sorry you are all talk and nothing else it is just facepalm

    Maybe if you wanna talk smack get at least some experience in the game and be able to back up what you claim. Good day kiddo.

  • The main problem is when you play killers like hag, tier 1 Myers and huntress who take longer to get to the other side of the map. Also trapper needs time to get his traps and place them. By the time he has picked up two traps, a gen or two would have already been popped.

1 2 ›