The community patch
What if. Instead of getting a new chapter we were able to vote on changes we want to happen in a future Patch?
E. G : people would vote for which perks and killers need changing. And then people vote for a how specifically that perk should be changed
E. G of e. G
The poll would be :
Ds
Boil over
Bbq and chilli
Shadowborn
If ds was to be voted for a second poll would start
Decrease its timer
Add deactivate conditions
Reduce the stun time/make enduring effect it
Make it so that when you become the obsession you gain a 150% speed buff for 2 seconds and then get exhausted
And then decreasing the timer would be voted for and the. This would be in the "community patch"
Balance
Survivor :
Desisive strike : decreased its timer from 40/50/60 to 20/25/30. The community has realised that the timer for desicive strike is abuseable and can cause it to be used in unintended ways
Comments
DS is fine were it is and doesn’t need any changes. I play killer and I rarely get hit with DS and I’m a red rank killer. If other killers are really bothered by one little perk that’s stuns for 5 stuns go play legion with a 4 second stun coming out of their power for like 20 games. I find it hard to believe when people say survivors abuse said perk. Truthfully you cannot abuse a perk if it’s working how it’s supposed to work :/
If You get picked up and it’s activated you can try to escape killer grasp that’s how it works the whole “It’s an anti tunneling perk is just a given term / label for the perk.
I dont think this is a good idea tbh.
A lot if people play this game without beeing active in the forums or community in general. Most people that are active in the forums are, in my experience, killer mains.
So what would probably happen is that only a few number of the whole player base will even complete this survey. From these people there are probably 70% killer mains (or maybe the other way around and 70% survivor mains? Doesn't matter which side has these 70%). So a survey like this could lead to a total imbalance of the whole game and mess everything up even more. I also think that a lot of people on this forum don't seem to know what "balace" even means...
Also with the example you gave you would completely kill DS. This is no good idea at all. DS is in a good spot as it is now. 30 seconds is way too short and shorten the stun time would also make it useless. What really should be changed instead is Legions stun time, he's basically giving himself a DS everytime he ends his power...
The devs alone, as a central point, should decide how to balance their game. I also do not agree with every single decision they make but we should take it as it is and adapt to the changes they make.
How many more threads are you going to make about DS?
Besides, if they went through with these changes, the perk would die. 30 seconds only and Enduring affecting it? Yeah no.
When i read many of these suggestions about Survivors and their Perks, i'm actually really glad the devs don't listen to Killer Mains.
Noone would want a community Patch with this toxic community, who doesnt give a ######### about balance, cause theyre overly obsessed with their main role. Your threads are the best example for this.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think OP was lobbying for a DS change. He was just demonstrating how the polling process could work in his opinion. @Mert_MK @thisdude9001
I think it's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it could work in reality. I think that because only a limited portion of the community plays both roles equally, the votes might be heavily squed towards one side or the other, I. E.bias may overwhelm objectivity. Just because an overwhelming majority of a community wants something doesn't mean that they'll be happy once they get it
The DS changes were purely for example purposes. But to link this to the example if you didn't agree with that change you'd vote for one of the other three options.
That point you make about "all of these changes" makes me think you only read the part about DS and not that those were examples of what a poll could look like.
As for threads about DS I'll make as many as I want to if I'm in the mood to complain about it. I have freedom of speech.
I'm sure you can find much better examples than "which killer would do the best in Vietnam", but the rest of your post I agree with to some extent
High five for civil and polite discussions :D
I like the first poll, but only if it's a poll to tell them where we think more attention should be, not a command of what to edit next.
I don't like the second poll, it'd limit the number of choices, they might not be good enough at all, or all could be too good, or you want to combine some, etc. etc.
✋
Thanks for leaving constructive critisim and not just saying my opinion doesn't count because I'm more biased towards killer due to me playing that role.
Yes, you do. But it's not really gonna get you anywhere tbh.
It has enough counterplay and they have said before they don't plan to change it again.
Something like this could be good like.. Once every year or so. If only to show/explain why something is as it is.
Enough counterplay you say?
Slugging : this doesn't make the ds go away. It gives 60s of invincibility no matter if they're slugged or not, further more they can just crawl away and get healed or run unbreakable, and then after they get picked up. Furthermore a suruvor can force a DS if they go into a locker, and then if the killer still wants to wait it out they can get stunned by a head on.
Just eating it : it allows the suruvor to get to a safe loop and to waste even more of your time. And what if they save it for the endgame? You won't know that and there's nothing a killer can do about it.
I don't think it would work at all.
Almost all polls for killer things would fail, while all survivor ones would pass, mostly.
Don't go for the survivor that just got unhooked and go for the rescuer instead? If it even comes to the point of them going into a locker in a chase to use their DS, you were tunneling and the perk does it's job well enough.
I played Killer enough against red rank Survivors and BT/DS never bothered me.
So if someone unhooks a suruvor in my face I'm supposed to let the injured survivor just escape and chase the healthy one and lose pressure? That thing every suruvor is telling killers to apply instead of just relying on ruin?
Furthermore let's apply this logic of : "if they had to go into a locker to force ds you were tunneling". They're FORCING the DS. Not continuing to run hoping to avoid being tunneled, they're asking taunting the killer. If they search the locker and get dsed it's a free escape from the chase, if the killer waits it out they get head on'd. If they simply leave the survivor it's giving them a free heal. Not taking into account how many gens will fly by as this is being done.
Nearly every surivor I get matched with has ds, and when I do get hit I'm wondering :"so I'm still tunneling despite hooking two other survivors"
Like I said : 60 seconds of invincibility no matter how you cut it.
Assuming you're suggesting that the devs should follow through with the most popular ideas, I would be very much opposed to this. The reason being that most players actually don't know the first thing about game design or game balance, and experience playing a game does not always correlate to understanding of its mechanics and structure from a balance perspective.
Basically, most people don't know what they're talking about. You only need to glance at the world in general, not to mention its history, to know that just because something is popular does not make it good.