The idea of balancing the game without (insert perk)

So I read a post earlier I think it was by Peanits. It talked about how it was hard to judge the balance of the gen speeds while Ruin was there masking it.

I agree with this completely.

However I have to ask, what about NOED?

We keep hearing the game is balanced around 2 kills/2 escapes but as anyone can tell you a killer will get wrecked all game and then crutch a few ez kills with this perk alone. How do you judge how balanced the game currently is while this perk exists in its current form? I feel like this masks a lot more than Ruin did.

Comments

  • That issue with NOED is just one of many reasons why I kept saying those kills stats are near worthless. Just NOED single handedly skews those numbers hard and makes killers look more deadly than they actually are in terms of balance. There are multiple other factors as well though.

  • @Blueberry said:

    That issue with NOED is just one of many reasons why I kept saying those kills stats are near worthless. Just NOED single handedly skews those numbers hard and makes killers look more deadly than they actually are in terms of balance. There are multiple other factors as well though.

    I'm glad someone agrees.

    You are right there are many factors. Such as survivors playing greedy at the end for points, going for unhooks rather than leaving. That can turn a 1k into a 3k easily.

    But yeah I see so many games where NOED alone changes a 1k into a 3k. It often grants 2 extra kills on average I feel. You see killers get dominated all game then turn it around with one perk.

    I think if NOED went along with Ruin kill rates would plummet but in the long run the game would benefit greatly when proper balance is introduced.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/999726#Comment_999726

    I'm glad someone agrees.

    You are right there are many factors. Such as survivors playing greedy at the end for points, going for unhooks rather than leaving. That can turn a 1k into a 3k easily.

    But yeah I see so many games where NOED alone changes a 1k into a 3k. It often grants 2 extra kills on average I feel. You see killers get dominated all game then turn it around with one perk.

    I think if NOED went along with Ruin kill rates would plummet but in the long run the game would benefit greatly when proper balance is introduced.

    I agree. I don't think second chance perks in general that require nothing from the user are healthy for the game at all. I'd like NOED, DS, BT and Unbreakable all changed.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    Weak bait.

    Thanks for the well thought out response.


    How exactly is it bait?