Does Dark Devotion work on Doctors Static Field (or soon Static Blast)

My question is as stated above if Dark Devotion works with the Doctors Static Field (or Static Blast after the upcoming patch), so the TR the obsession emits defines the area of shock?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Dark Devotion requires you to hit your obsession with a basic attack. Static blast is not a basic attack so nope - doesn't work unfortunately.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Dark Devotion requires you to hit your obsession with a basic attack. Static blast is not a basic attack so nope - doesn't work unfortunately.

    He means will it zap people in the terror radius created by Dark Devotion.

    As far as I can tell, no reason it shouldn't.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994612#Comment_994612

    He means will it zap people in the terror radius created by Dark Devotion.

    As far as I can tell, no reason it shouldn't.

    Oooh oops my bad. Thought he meant it as in "can I put my terror radius onto the obsession using static blast".

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994612#Comment_994612

    He means will it zap people in the terror radius created by Dark Devotion.

    As far as I can tell, no reason it shouldn't.

    Yes exactly. Sorry for being unclear about that. So if I hit my obsession with Dark Devotion, is the obsessions terrorradius the area for my static field / static blast?

  • possibly legion could if they hit a survivor then uses his power on a survivor he then sees everyone close to that person while they are in ff and is close to the obsession.

  • @DonZwiebel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994616#Comment_994616

    Yes exactly. Sorry for being unclear about that. So if I hit my Obsession with Dark Devotion is the obsessions terrorradius the area for my static field / static blast?

    Yes, the stipulation for static blast hitting is being in the terror radius, not being within a certain range of the Doctor, so it should zap everyone within 32m of the obsession.

    AFAIK though, Dark Devotion is a set 32m TR and won't be increased by perks like Distressing or his new Calm add ons.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994612#Comment_994612

    He means will it zap people in the terror radius created by Dark Devotion.

    As far as I can tell, no reason it shouldn't.

    Yes exactly. Sorry for being unclear about that. So if I hit my obsession with Dark Devotion, is the terrorradius the obsession emits the area for my Static field / Static Blast?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Currently it does not work, and I don't believe it will work after the rework either.

    The thing with Dark Devotion is that it reduces your terror radius to 0, and gives the survivor a new terror radius, which is always 32 meters regardless of what your current one was (if you're Huntress with 20 meter radius and use dark devotion, survivor still gets a 32 meter terror radius). It does not transfer your terror radius on to the survivor. Otherwise perks like Nurses Calling, Coulrophobia, Unnerving, etc etc, would all work -- and they don't.

    I will assume if you use Dark Devotion and try to use static blast, it will just zap nobody because your terror radius is of course, 0 meters.

    That sounds somewhat logical from my point of view. I think I need to try it out in a custom match tonight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Currently it does not work, and I don't believe it will work after the rework either.

    The thing with Dark Devotion is that it reduces your terror radius to 0, and gives the survivor a new terror radius, which is always 32 meters regardless of what your current one was (if you're Huntress with 20 meter radius and use dark devotion, survivor still gets a 32 meter terror radius). It does not transfer your terror radius on to the survivor. Otherwise perks like Nurses Calling, Coulrophobia, Unnerving, etc etc, would all work -- and they don't.

    I will assume if you use Dark Devotion and try to use static blast, it will just zap nobody because your terror radius is of course, 0 meters.

    What? I saw a video where it does work

    Otz tested it i think

    It does in fact work, every terror radius related power/perk works with dark devotion

    Pls don't spread misinformation without being sure

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994707#Comment_994707

    Sure didn't work when I tried it. Definitely didn't work for me as Doctor because it was literally the first thing I tried when the perk came out and the survivor I was trying to shock literally just stood there and began spamming the 'point' emote at me.

    If you can provide the video, I'd appreciate it.

    I'll see if i can find it. It was on twitch i think

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994707#Comment_994707

    Sure didn't work when I tried it. Definitely didn't work for me as Doctor because it was literally the first thing I tried when the perk came out and the survivor I was trying to shock literally just stood there and began spamming the 'point' emote at me.

    If you can provide the video, I'd appreciate it.

    https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/clip/EntertainingCharmingPheasantPJSugar?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

  • Okay, thats gotta be fun. :-) I will try this as soon as Im back in game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Currently it does not work, and I don't believe it will work after the rework either.

    The thing with Dark Devotion is that it reduces your terror radius to 0, and gives the survivor a new terror radius, which is always 32 meters regardless of what your current one was (if you're Huntress with 20 meter radius and use dark devotion, survivor still gets a 32 meter terror radius). It does not transfer your terror radius on to the survivor. Otherwise perks like Nurses Calling, Coulrophobia, Unnerving, etc etc, would all work -- and they don't.

    I will assume if you use Dark Devotion and try to use static blast, it will just zap nobody because your terror radius is of course, 0 meters.

    Sorry this is inaccurate, the Doc's blast does work on it, so does Caulrophobia & Unnerving Presence etc, this is by design and working as intended.

    Nurses Calling is not designed to work on it, because NC is not a perk that's based on Terror Radius but distance from the killer.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/994662#Comment_994662

    Sorry this is inaccurate, the Doc's blast does work on it, so does Caulrophobia & Unnerving Presence etc, this is by design and working as intended.

    Nurses Calling is not designed to work on it, because NC is not a perk that's based on Terror Radius but distance from the killer.

    Thanks for the info. That means I could combine Dark Devotion with all those nice terrorradius perks and abilities? That cries for some fun builds though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • It does @DonZwiebel it's a very underused perk but it's really interesting in match and because it's underused a lot of survivors are unaware of it, so you get some interesting matches :)

  • I guess I'm going to like that perk even more now. :)