Why isn't anything done about matchmaking?
Considering how bad it is, I would have at least expected a few lines in the patch notes. I know the devs mentioned in some thread 'they're looking into it,' but they're always 'looking into it.' Nothing is ever done. Why? It can't be that hard to code 'purple rank with purple rank, yellow with yellow.' I'm tired of being matched against tryhard rank 1 4mans, or complete brown rank potatoes, while I sit at rank 8. Unless the leaked notes about ranks being hidden is true, which just means the devs don't care either way.
Comments
They’ve also remained silent about it because they can’t tell you killers don’t want to play anymore, it’s bad for business.
I believe the leaks regarding matchmaking, although discredited for this upcoming patch, we’re meant to go live either with 3.5.0 or afterwards. However, the backlash around the leak made it obvious the company’s intention to mask the underlying problem.
Anyways, all speculation, carry on. ;)
So, instead of just rebuilding the whole matchmaking system from scratch, they keep patching the holes and hope it lasts longer than an update? Okay then.
I don't think they have the player count necessary to do the required changes; or, if I am being honest, the skills and understanding of what is wrong with it to even take an action.
Like, I don't know how to say it without sounding insulting, and bringing the ire of the hardcore BHVR fans- but I honest to god just don't think they actually know what to do.
The only other possibility is arrogance, but from what I've seen they really are trying their best; I doubt they are just dismissing the obvious glaring single biggest problem in the game because they feel they know better. I think they mean well but are not sure what or how to solve the problem.
Funny part is even with the ranking changes that still won't fix the issue you will still get rank 1 survivors vs rank 17 killers. Rank 20 has gotta be a wasteland at this point so its not just gonna be patched because the issue is obviously becoming more and more pervasive.
Even if you are rank 2 SWF and get a rank 2 killer it tends not be fair the rare instance that happens; because you might all have like 100 hours or whatever and be semi decent but just playing and getting a lot of points even if you lose gets you to red rank- but the killer will be some 5000+ hour monster who demolishes you after you pop like one gen.
The brackets are so narrow, and there is this, coagulation around red ranks causing so many problems it's incredible. It's so unstable that if it was a bridge, I would fear it would collapse any second.
I'd rather them do nothing right now, because everytime they touch it, it gets fixed for a bit, then it comes back even worse than before.
If you run into the higher ranks, just work on getting better and hope it ends swiftly and painlessly. Only thing you can really do. If you run into the low rank potatoes, give them a good match, suck up the sweet BP cause they will feed it to you in heaps, and move on to the next. Let them at least try, so they don't get upset and get something else nerfed because "they can't handle it at Rank 20".
No one does that. If they get a baby killer they STEAMROLL them.
I don't do this as killer I tend to ease up and if I am rolling I will show them where my ruin is and things like that, but man if these red rank SWF didn't troll the hell out of me the dozens of losses in a row might actually have been tolerable.
Going vs like Scott Jund level killers is as game breaking as going vs fully perked and equipped swf. But I don't think they can fix it because DBD is so rng based emblems count for nothing really and are rng based. So no way to measure skill and you will eventually end up where we are now full fledged rank chaos.
It's just a mess, and I doubt it's going to get fixed.... that's why I am thinking about abandoning ship. There has been zero indication the devs care, even a little, about this huge problem.
Ahhh, that type of match. Yeah, I hate those, but the only options you have are End Match, or just wait out the torture.
If you can pick them as SEAL Team SWF in the lobby, bring Franklin's and try to collect as many items as you can. Frequently they'll sacrifice themselves, or DC after recollecting it, so they don't lose their precious lightsabers and AI repair tools.
Can always sit a corner too, let them get on with the match but don't let them get the Chase/Altruism points. Make them depip and get ######### for BP, then reap the salt in the post-game.
There ranking change ironically has played a role in this but its really just a combination of no vision and dumb fixes upon fixes.
People are freaking out over ruin, or decisive, or whatever else.... but this is beyond a problem, this is the thing that literally killed Evolve.
Folks on the outside mostly think it was DLC, which wasn't even that bad but once it went free to play and they gave so much stuff away for free, plenty of people were trying it initially, the player base actually was booming for a short while. Problem was, all the new players that were joining? They were getting monster players with like 10,000 hours in the game. They were dying within a minute of the game starting after waiting so long to get into a match, only to requeue and have it happen again and again and again.
They would go "Well this game is obviously just broken" and uninstall and never play it again, never realizing that it was actually a great game underneath.
Does any of this sound familiar? BHVR probably thinks that they have so many people right now they are above a catastrophic failure, but this type of thing is the precursor to that. I don't think they realize, probably shrugging it all off like it will blow over like other issues have in the past. Not this one.
I mean, look at this. It's all over the place. These are my last two matches.It's either this randomness, or it's solid red ranks. Months with this, and they still haven't figured out the issue?
@Rivyn Figuring out the issue is not the problem. You don't have enough killers in general (and especially not at high ranks), and you don't have a lot of people playing at low ranks.
To not make queue times too long for low ranks, they just get thrown into any match where there is a free spot.
And because of the lack of killers, you'll always have to wait if you want to play survivor.
And if red rank survs would only get matched against red rank killers, that would probably mean 30+ minutes queue times for them.