What exactly are people doing that you see as cheating?
I am not dismissing your claim, but I have been accused of cheating because I had mad grit on one of my killers and swiped my way to a hook.
People who use hacks, be it wall hacks, speed hacks, whatever. It shouldn't be allowed.
People will lie and pretend hacking isn't a thing that exists in video games but it is, every online game has hackers. I don't record my matches, this isn't my video but here's one sample of proof: https://streamable.com/w58qr
People who use hacks, be it wall hacks, speed hacks, whatever. It shouldn't be allowed.
People will lie and pretend hacking isn't a thing that exists in video games but it is, every online game has hackers. I don't record my matches, this isn't my video but here's one sample of proof: https://streamable.com/w58qr
Theoretically, if anyone reads this forum, they have user's name, it's obvious cheater, so he should be banned without question. But to be honest, in what game cheaters are actually being banned regularly? I think only in Tarkov maybe, in PUBG support even encourages cheaters to buy next copy of the game, so...
People who use hacks, be it wall hacks, speed hacks, whatever. It shouldn't be allowed.
People will lie and pretend hacking isn't a thing that exists in video games but it is, every online game has hackers. I don't record my matches, this isn't my video but here's one sample of proof: https://streamable.com/w58qr
Yea.. So. I actually saw some hackers myself on streams, and the same hackers/cheaters showed up again in different games/days. It does make me wonder. They were reported etc. I don't know if it takes them awhile to sort through reports or what.... but that video is also interesting. Because another "jake" in a different game (different skin tho), also was hacking. He was completely untouchable while doing gens. Hits went straight through him as if he wasn't there, however the gen was getting completed. Completely invincible while opening the exit gate. If he did get hit, he revived himself and was back to full health in a seconds... There was also someone else, that was playing spirit seemingly wallhacking etc. No tracking perks, always knew where everyone was etc. This was longer ago so I don't remember as well, but it was pretty apparent.... I don't know if they are perm-banned or if it it's like a 3 strike rule... It's a lot easier to tell if a survivor is hacking vs a killer... but it definitely exists. Not sure how old the clip is. but I witnessed it about a week or so ago. This does exist.
Technically they should get banned, but I am not sure of the process...
Yes they will be but it needs to be 100% proof when reporting.
For Steam you need to record as you did. Report them with the in game system and then open up the players profile within the same video and show the profile along with the steamID and upload it to a website.
Send all the info using the dbd support web page and fill out the form with all info it asks for.
The devs can game ban someone and also send the info to easy anti cheat to be looked into.
The issue with Steam is being able to use any name or change names constantly and why the steam id is needed as that can't change.
It won't stop them buying a new copy but once easy anti cheat catches up it means more chances to catch them for a future hardware ban.
Yes they will be but it needs to be 100% proof when reporting.
For Steam you need to record as you did. Report them with the in game system and then open up the players profile within the same video and show the profile along with the steamID and upload it to a website.
Send all the info using the dbd support web page and fill out the form with all info it asks for.
The devs can game ban someone and also send the info to easy anti cheat to be looked into.
The issue with Steam is being able to use any name or change names constantly and why the steam id is needed as that can't change.
It won't stop them buying a new copy but once easy anti cheat catches up it means more chances to catch them for a future hardware ban.
Other games actually have anti-cheat which works better, not sure why BHVR won't do that?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Define “cheaters.”
What exactly are people doing that you see as cheating?
I am not dismissing your claim, but I have been accused of cheating because I had mad grit on one of my killers and swiped my way to a hook.
People who use hacks, be it wall hacks, speed hacks, whatever. It shouldn't be allowed.
People will lie and pretend hacking isn't a thing that exists in video games but it is, every online game has hackers. I don't record my matches, this isn't my video but here's one sample of proof: https://streamable.com/w58qr
Theoretically, if anyone reads this forum, they have user's name, it's obvious cheater, so he should be banned without question. But to be honest, in what game cheaters are actually being banned regularly? I think only in Tarkov maybe, in PUBG support even encourages cheaters to buy next copy of the game, so...
tbh, cheaters have always duped accounts so banning is pretty much worthless. The real issue is the reporting system, very lacking.
Yea.. So. I actually saw some hackers myself on streams, and the same hackers/cheaters showed up again in different games/days. It does make me wonder. They were reported etc. I don't know if it takes them awhile to sort through reports or what.... but that video is also interesting. Because another "jake" in a different game (different skin tho), also was hacking. He was completely untouchable while doing gens. Hits went straight through him as if he wasn't there, however the gen was getting completed. Completely invincible while opening the exit gate. If he did get hit, he revived himself and was back to full health in a seconds... There was also someone else, that was playing spirit seemingly wallhacking etc. No tracking perks, always knew where everyone was etc. This was longer ago so I don't remember as well, but it was pretty apparent.... I don't know if they are perm-banned or if it it's like a 3 strike rule... It's a lot easier to tell if a survivor is hacking vs a killer... but it definitely exists. Not sure how old the clip is. but I witnessed it about a week or so ago. This does exist.
Technically they should get banned, but I am not sure of the process...
Yes they will be but it needs to be 100% proof when reporting.
For Steam you need to record as you did. Report them with the in game system and then open up the players profile within the same video and show the profile along with the steamID and upload it to a website.
Send all the info using the dbd support web page and fill out the form with all info it asks for.
The devs can game ban someone and also send the info to easy anti cheat to be looked into.
The issue with Steam is being able to use any name or change names constantly and why the steam id is needed as that can't change.
It won't stop them buying a new copy but once easy anti cheat catches up it means more chances to catch them for a future hardware ban.
Other games actually have anti-cheat which works better, not sure why BHVR won't do that?
No anti cheat is 100% accurate as new ones come out constantly to bypass them and it needs updated. Its why every online game has cheats.
To be fair I havent seen any cheats in over a year in this game. Some regions may be worse though.