My Opinion on the New Doctor
Right, let me say this is all my opinion. Additionally, I normally play on Xbox, but my cousin plays on PC, so I hopped over to his place and played a few more games on the PTB today. So, let's get started.
The Good:
His new Static Blast feels great to use. Not only does it feel great, but it does keep some of his information gathering intact.
He moves at 115%, this is huge. I am so glad I don't have to change stances anymore.
The Meh:
His add-ons are, eh. Nothing has really changed, some of gotten worse. Most have stayed the same. His best add-ons still extend his range.
I am pretty sure Sniper Doc was removed :(
His chase music is...interesting.
The Bad:
His shock is still bad. The 10% range was not enough, I think 20 or 25% would be way better for him, it would allow him some legitimate anti-loop.
The Ugly:
His 3 second delay from shocking to hitting has to be changed, in my opinion. It feels clunky and often allows the Survivor to make a pallet or window they wouldn't have been able to make before.
Madness 3 is too easy to get out of. I would rather have it go back to the way it was, both as Killer and Survivor.
Overall, decent rework. I don't think he has moved up very far in the Tier Lists, but he does feel better to play.
Comments
Regarding the delay:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981611/#Comment_981611
Ah, that is excellent to hear! I am very glad that the delay is being fixed and the time until attack is being adjusted!
Can you share any numbers that you guys were thinking about for the new time until attack?
We're doing some testing on it, haven't settled on a number yet. But already at lower values it feels much better.
Ah good, I am super excited to hear that!
Hi Almo. Can we expect to be able to test the changes on the PTB before they go live ?
Also are there any plans to change some of the Dotctor's add-ons ? As he is on the PTB, many of his add-ons that where designed for is old kit no longer make sense with the new one. I'd hate to see him go live with outdated and near useless add-ons and have to wait months or even years before they are touched again.
Did this actually take testing for you guys to figure out? Really? Does 3 seconds of being useless after using your supposed anti-loop power sound even remotely balanced? My god..
They have to ask their brown rank survivor test team what timing is most fun to play against. Stay tuned.