Yes. We will hide the ranks so you won’t know it’s a problem 🙃
(Just a joke I actually have a lot of respect for the devs)
As do I!
BUT...This is an issue that may cause people to not want to play killer anymore. I mean rank 15 its not new new but theres no way it should be facing 4 red rank survivors lol
BUT...This is an issue that may cause people to not want to play killer anymore. I mean rank 15 its not new new but theres no way it should be facing 4 red rank survivors lol
After the ruin change do you think they care, if anything causes people to not play killer?
That's why you lot are hiding ranks, eh? So you can pretend the issue isn't an actual issue.
No one is hiding anything right now.
The PTB doesn't even hid the ranks. And Im sure that they aren't just gonna randomly throw it in there without telling everyone about it. I've been hearing this alot, where did yall hear it from?
There were leaked patch notes before the PTB. In those patch notes, under "balance changes", it was mentioned that they were removing Ranks from the post game tally screen. These surfaced a couple days before (or the day before?) the PTB. There was backlash, and claims of dishonesty (and who can blame people, really) towards BHVR. You could argue that the leaks were complete fakes...except, those patch notes matched word-for-word what we actually got for patch notes in the PTB - except the rank hiding thing was the only thing missing.
I feel like they either dropped that change after it was discovered that's what they were doing and calling it "balance", or they're just going to ninja it back into the final build of 3.5.0 in a couple weeks time.
Does it really matter tho? I mean why harass them about it. Give them time to actually say something. Just because something was LEAKED doesn't make it 100% true! I swear if someone Leaked that they saw God today dressed as a hippie I swear half of yall would believe it. smdh
The PTB doesn't even hid the ranks. And Im sure that they aren't just gonna randomly throw it in there without telling everyone about it. I've been hearing this alot, where did yall hear it from?
The patch notes got leaked before the ptb, the hiding ranks thing was the only thing missing compared with the leaked patch notes
The PTB doesn't even hid the ranks. And Im sure that they aren't just gonna randomly throw it in there without telling everyone about it. I've been hearing this alot, where did yall hear it from?
Leaked patchnotes. I do hold them with a grain of salt, seeing as they're leaked and all, but seeing was how much the devs are butchering their own game, I wouldn't put it passed them.
We are looking into matchmaking issues at the moment. We'll keep you posted as new info becomes available.
and you are totally not just going to hide ranks in lobbys and the post game result screen and just skip fixing the matchmaking, i mean it took you how long to even notice that swf was able to rigg mm in its favour with rank differences, not like even you fog whisperers did that aswell.
The patch notes got leaked before the ptb, the hiding ranks thing was the only thing missing compared with the leaked patch notes
it wasn't the only thing missing, the leaks also said that they were getting rid of the splinter offerings they are still there they aren't even in the devs patch notes..Im going through line for line to see whats the same and what isn't. Yes the game is very badly unbalanced when it comes to ranks, But I'll say it again, Its a LEAK its not from the devs themselves ...(it might be who knows) but as I said, I don't think the devs will just do us dirty like that, they may possibly be wanting to fix match making then hid the ranks, no one knows. Yet everyone is still harassing them about it, Its one thing to make a statement about it, But people don't have to belittle the devs because of it. If it went live in the games current state then yeah maybe...but its not live. give them a damn break.
I feel like the splinter offering thing is inconsequential, but we also all expected that for a while. Especially given the in game store is a thing. The leaked notes were likely internal notes. I don't recall them having mentioned in the notes back when they removed the moon bouquet's either. They just kind of did it, and we all get why. It was a needed change.
Yes I fully understand. But people don't need to jump on posts and harass them "DON'T JUST HIDE THE RANKS DO SOMETHING" and stuff like that. I mean they are trying, they are trying to give us the best dead by daylight that they can, when they have 2 sides that ALWAYS bicker and fight over stupid crap ALL THE TIME. Killer mains survivor mains, they act like my children lol.
I have a different view - I think it was people calling them out that made them not do it. At this stage in DBD's lifetime, people are tired of the bandaid fixes and terrible decisions made by the people at the helm of DBD. You really need to forgive them for being intolerant of, well, decisions this nonsensical at this point in the lifetime of the game. Usually companies learn from their mistakes after 3 years.
Ive been here for 2 of the 3 years. And I think (besides a couple things) that the game is great. I still play it daily and its my to go to game when I want to play a game. Yes there are things that I disagree on that the devs do. But its their game..If they want to hide the ranks, its not gonna matter how many people don't like it their gonna do it anyway. Maybe they think it will help make the game less toxic, make it so that people aren't as focused on getting pips and can actually sit down and enjoy the game. Maybe they think it will help people DC less, Or have less face camping killers. No one in the world (but the devs) know why they would even think to do it. But no one gave them a chance, just starts yelling "You better not!" every game has bugs, every game has glitches, this game is not perfect and it never will be. But its a game that everyone enjoys and likes. Maybe we should see why they wanna do it, and see where it takes us. Besides if enough people bitched about it I'm sure they would change it right back.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes. We will hide the ranks so you won’t know it’s a problem 🙃
(Just a joke I actually have a lot of respect for the devs)
As do I!
BUT...This is an issue that may cause people to not want to play killer anymore. I mean rank 15 its not new new but theres no way it should be facing 4 red rank survivors lol
We are looking into matchmaking issues at the moment. We'll keep you posted as new info becomes available.
After the ruin change do you think they care, if anything causes people to not play killer?
how come matchmaking is even an issue when I bought the game for more than a year matchmaking was NEVER an issue until 2019
That's why you lot are hiding ranks, eh? So you can pretend the issue isn't an actual issue.
your game is dying and there are not enough killers playing ... that's the issue. please tell me where to send my invoice for the consultation
No one is hiding anything right now.
The PTB doesn't even hid the ranks. And Im sure that they aren't just gonna randomly throw it in there without telling everyone about it. I've been hearing this alot, where did yall hear it from?
Thank you!
I just feel bad for the killers. I normally give them a free kill at the end game cause I feel so bad.
How aren't there enough?
My lobbies today have been faster than any other day. and as of RIGHT NOW there is 22,523 In-Game on steam.
Doesn't look like a dying game to me. It floats on steam between 22,000 and 23,000
Does it really matter tho? I mean why harass them about it. Give them time to actually say something. Just because something was LEAKED doesn't make it 100% true! I swear if someone Leaked that they saw God today dressed as a hippie I swear half of yall would believe it. smdh
The patch notes got leaked before the ptb, the hiding ranks thing was the only thing missing compared with the leaked patch notes
Killers thank you. It's rare to get any empathy from survivors
But their LEAKS
it doesn't make them 100% true. Just like the LEAKS said that we would get Double Blood points til the 7th..did we...NOPE they ended the 6th.
come on yall,i know you're smarter than this
to be fair… that leak is still pretty close to the truth like the leaked patch notes
Leaked patchnotes. I do hold them with a grain of salt, seeing as they're leaked and all, but seeing was how much the devs are butchering their own game, I wouldn't put it passed them.
it is only negatively affecting killers, while giving survivors ez games
meaning it wont get fixed anytime soon, killer related bugs and such are LOW priority to BHVR
"There's something wrong with matchmaking. We're on it. Hoping to hotfix it soon." - September 19 , 2019.
this is from leaks by daylight
where does it say that its hiding the rank?
Never mind I stand corrected. I seen it right as I hit send. My bad
and you are totally not just going to hide ranks in lobbys and the post game result screen and just skip fixing the matchmaking, i mean it took you how long to even notice that swf was able to rigg mm in its favour with rank differences, not like even you fog whisperers did that aswell.
it wasn't the only thing missing, the leaks also said that they were getting rid of the splinter offerings they are still there they aren't even in the devs patch notes..Im going through line for line to see whats the same and what isn't. Yes the game is very badly unbalanced when it comes to ranks, But I'll say it again, Its a LEAK its not from the devs themselves ...(it might be who knows) but as I said, I don't think the devs will just do us dirty like that, they may possibly be wanting to fix match making then hid the ranks, no one knows. Yet everyone is still harassing them about it, Its one thing to make a statement about it, But people don't have to belittle the devs because of it. If it went live in the games current state then yeah maybe...but its not live. give them a damn break.
Yes I fully understand. But people don't need to jump on posts and harass them "DON'T JUST HIDE THE RANKS DO SOMETHING" and stuff like that. I mean they are trying, they are trying to give us the best dead by daylight that they can, when they have 2 sides that ALWAYS bicker and fight over stupid crap ALL THE TIME. Killer mains survivor mains, they act like my children lol.
Ive been here for 2 of the 3 years. And I think (besides a couple things) that the game is great. I still play it daily and its my to go to game when I want to play a game. Yes there are things that I disagree on that the devs do. But its their game..If they want to hide the ranks, its not gonna matter how many people don't like it their gonna do it anyway. Maybe they think it will help make the game less toxic, make it so that people aren't as focused on getting pips and can actually sit down and enjoy the game. Maybe they think it will help people DC less, Or have less face camping killers. No one in the world (but the devs) know why they would even think to do it. But no one gave them a chance, just starts yelling "You better not!" every game has bugs, every game has glitches, this game is not perfect and it never will be. But its a game that everyone enjoys and likes. Maybe we should see why they wanna do it, and see where it takes us. Besides if enough people bitched about it I'm sure they would change it right back.