Another hatch idea
Give the survivors the responsibility of building the hatch themselves... each gen that's complete a piece to the hatch spawns... still have the designated spawn point be random and have the survivors find it....then find the parts to take to the hatch location place them.. this would be a decent way to give survivors something else to do without slowing gen times down... throw in some extra bp for finding the parts and building the hatch... this would get rid of the hatch stand off and survivors would have to earn it at least in some way... thoughts?
Comments
I don't like the idea of pieces spawning based on gens completed. What would the purpose of that be? It also implies that all generators would have to be fixed, which would make the hatch obsolete anyways.
If all you want is get rid of a boring hatch standoff, just give the survivor an "open hatch" animation. If it's a couple of seconds long, then they would have to get there first in order to escape (or at least be there alone).
I guess you could also have the hatch work like it does now (opens when one survivor left with at least 2 gens done), but then have the "close hatch" option for the killer. It wouldn't do anything other than make the "open hatch" a requirement for the survivor.
Yeah okay. I also think some games go by much too quick, but a hatch building mechanic just seems a bit clunky. What will you do, if the guy who picks up the part doesn't build it?
It also feels like "planning to fail". We can do the gens real quick and win, or we can build this stupid hatch, and waste time until we lose.
I just don't think anyone would actually try building the hatch. Maybe after all the gens are done, which would just make the game much more frustrating for a killer who has already lost the game.
It's "punishing" the wrong people IMO.
I generally don't do hatch stand offs, and I don't know why some people waste so much time on them, and feel cheated when the last survivor gets hatch. If I'm killer, i just get the 300 points for the hit, and if I'm survivor, and the killer is at the hatch, I just do a gen.