So you can’t fix this but of course you can nerf ruin
Not even close to him and that hit 100% registered. Perfect ping too and never lagged once this was just flat out hit boxes which haven’t been touched because ‘it’s just ping’ no it isn’t and you know it isn’t. Literally how hard is it to make hitboxes slightly smaller?
Tagged:
Trusted

Comments
Hitboxes are really good on the ptb right now. They are trying to fix them, check the patch notes
there's a huge list of things on "priority" before ruin in the community's mind. but apparantly being biased towards survivors is #1
Nothing to fix. If that had been an Oni, the hit probably would have visually connected. Freddy's range just looks ridiculously long because he's a smol boi, but it's actually the same as every other killer.
If his red stain is right on you it'll connect. Try not being as greedy next time and you'll be fine.
Then they should actually change hitboxes for each killer
I’m not sure if the image compressed itself since I posted on mobile but the original picture (if it did compress) hes much much farther and I was being greedy???? I have no clue where you got that from but okay
They can't even fix hitboxes across the board; asking them to make each killer's range unique would break the game.
Also, the devs want things to be consistent across killers. That's why there's now the "Undetectable" status. The devs want more things to be the same, not different.
That would severely limit their creative freedom when designing killers, which would in turn hurt the atmosphere of the game, and also make it far more difficult to balance killers properly. A bit of visual desync is definitely the lesser of two evils in this case.
This isnt just visual desync these are legit hitbox issues. You know when its just desync because the killer will normally have a little jump to the proper location after but wasn't the case. He even hit me while I was on the complete opposite end of the pallet which I also have recorded but didn't post
Smh people defending this screenshot. That range is a whiff from any killer and you know it. BHVR need to get their ######### together and fix the dedicated servers so hitboxes aren't garbage.
Sorry, that was probably a bad word to use because it's a technical term as well. I was using "desync" in the literal sense, as an abbreviation of "desynchronisation". That is, visually, the killer's movements do not match up (synchronise) with the survivor's response, which is not ideal but is necessary from a development perspective to avoid balancing issues or strict creative limitations.
Tbh if I was a dev I would just have something that indicated their range...maybe something vibrant, like the color Red...and it could go out in front of them like some kind of Stain like effect, showing that you are in their hitting range...but that's probably a crazy idea.