My thoughts on PTB so far, which devolves into a rant.

When I first heard about the Doctor rework, I was kinda hyped as I was expecting a Freddy-style rework for another one of the weakest killers. I was also on board with the static blast idea when it leaked. Seemed like it had potential at the time.

However, that's not what we got. The devs made it clear that their main priority was to make Doc less frustrating for survivors.

Excuse me? That's what you wanted to do with him? You didn't even consider making Doc a decent killer? If you don't want new players to deal with him, there's an easy fix: make him better. Those poor Docs are probably stuck in the lower ranks while the other killers climb their way up to the top, leaving the newer survivors with lots of clowns, doctors, and bubbas.

It doesn't help that you turned Ruin into another Dying Light, making it only useful for killers who don't need it. If you insist on making killers that can't pressure the map well, then don't take their only chance of succeeding.

Now let me take a break and talk about the aesthetic changes. Doctor's chase music is great, and the map looks great too. I can't say too much else about this PTB because it's LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE. The first game I played I literally could not lunge until the last generator was popped. Not to mention How much I was teleporting around, making short loops even more impossible. The FPS is also worse, as if I was having a hard time already.

How does every PTB manage to be more broken than the last? Heck, you didn't even fix half the bugs from the oni chapter on release which makes me fear for what we get on the mid chapter release.

Overall, I can't say for sure how I feel about the gameplay changes because I need to be able to play the game. But good lord, why would you not even attempt to buff one of the weakest killers in the game? I just can't wrap my head around that.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • New ruin is a wasted perk slot then if gens are popping extremely fast.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I played against a team with 4 tool boxes, got Temple of Purgation, and by the time I even waddled my ass to the other side of the map (was playing Myers by the way), two generators popped in under 30 seconds.

    New Ruin totally doing work there.

    Honestly, even when I had matches where my Ruin did survive and trying to hardcore do a 3-gen defense strat with many different builds (defensive hag, scratched mirror Myers, it just sucked. It did so little work. Losing 0.5 charges a second on a generator means nothing when survivors can just equip a toolbox and do 1.4 charges a second. Each.

    As a survivor playing against it, instead of feeling obligated to leave me generator that's 60% done to go rescue someone immediately, I just push the last 40% before attempting to make the save. Everyone else does that too, making generators get pushed faster. Hell, I think Ruin has the opposite effect, since survivors feel more pressured to complete the generators before doing anything else, so they do not regress.

    In that scenario, Corrupt likely would have saved you.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I played against a team with 4 tool boxes, got Temple of Purgation, and by the time I even waddled my ass to the other side of the map (was playing Myers by the way), two generators popped in under 30 seconds.

    New Ruin totally doing work there.

    Honestly, even when I had matches where my Ruin did survive and trying to hardcore do a 3-gen defense strat with many different builds (defensive hag, scratched mirror Myers, it just sucked. It did so little work. Losing 0.5 charges a second on a generator means nothing when survivors can just equip a toolbox and do 1.4 charges a second. Each.

    As a survivor playing against it, instead of feeling obligated to leave me generator that's 60% done to go rescue someone immediately, I just push the last 40% before attempting to make the save. Everyone else does that too, making generators get pushed faster. Hell, I think Ruin has the opposite effect, since survivors feel more pressured to complete the generators before doing anything else, so they do not regress.

    I completely agree. In my experience - which admittedly was fairly limited and with mixed ranks - not only does the new Ruin do next to nothing for the killer, unless they're a high-mobility killer on a smallish map and maybe not even then, it actually encourages survivors to hug generators like their life depends on it, even if they should be doing something else like rescuing a teammate from the hook. So it makes generators go faster 80% of the time, and also encourages unhealthy survivor gameplay by punishing altruism.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979277#Comment_979277

    I completely agree. In my experience - which admittedly was fairly limited and with mixed ranks - not only does the new Ruin do next to nothing for the killer, unless they're a high-mobility killer on a smallish map and maybe not even then, it actually encourages survivors to hug generators like their life depends on it, even if they should be doing something else like rescuing a teammate from the hook. So it makes generators go faster 80% of the time, and also encourages unhealthy survivor gameplay by punishing altruism.

    This is how I feel about the reworked Ruin.

    I noticed Ruin doesn't really have a huge impact most games because survivors are either:

    • A.) Found the totem.
    • B.) Killer can't force them off (Killers can only be at one place at a time)
    • C.) Doesn't prevent early rushing.

    The only time where Ruin shines is when the killer has a lot of mobility such as Billy. However, I don't think a perk should only seek use by a few top tier killers, especially a Hex perk because they are supposed to be OP.


    I don't think Ruin is far off, it just needs a boost of some sort when cleansed.


    Perhaps, when cleansed, all survivors suffer from a 20% repair speed penalty for 60/75/90 seconds.

    The regression rate is not scaled by perk tier anymore, just how much the penalty lasts once the related totem is destroyed.


    In theory, when cleansed during the early game, it's still going to slow down repairs by decreasing the repair speeds of all survivors (that makes all generators take 20 seconds longer to repair). During the late game, this perk is devastating since survivors won't be able to pump the last generator out. You may think, wow that's really good, until I tell you survivors can just wait out the penalty like many survivors do with Corrupt Intervention. About the late game effect, survivors were given plenty of time to cleanse that perk, so it's only fair that they get punished for leaving it active for so long. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

  • @sorrowen said:

    New ruin is a wasted perk slot then if gens are popping extremely fast.

    Finally no one will use it.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979277#Comment_979277

    I completely agree. In my experience - which admittedly was fairly limited and with mixed ranks - not only does the new Ruin do next to nothing for the killer, unless they're a high-mobility killer on a smallish map and maybe not even then, it actually encourages survivors to hug generators like their life depends on it, even if they should be doing something else like rescuing a teammate from the hook. So it makes generators go faster 80% of the time, and also encourages unhealthy survivor gameplay by punishing altruism.

    Ruins always suck

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979326#Comment_979326

    This is how I feel about the reworked Ruin.

    I noticed Ruin doesn't really have a huge impact most games because survivors are either:

    • A.) Found the totem.
    • B.) Killer can't force them off (Killers can only be at one place at a time)
    • C.) Doesn't prevent early rushing.

    The only time where Ruin shines is when the killer has a lot of mobility such as Billy. However, I don't think a perk should only seek use by a few top tier killers, especially a Hex perk because they are supposed to be OP.

    I don't think Ruin is far off, it just needs a boost of some sort when cleansed.

    Perhaps, when cleansed, all survivors suffer from a 20% repair speed penalty for 60/75/90 seconds.

    The regression rate is not scaled by perk tier anymore, just how much the penalty lasts once the related totem is destroyed.

    In theory, when cleansed during the early game, it's still going to slow down repairs by decreasing the repair speeds of all survivors (that makes all generators take 20 seconds longer to repair). During the late game, this perk is devastating since survivors won't be able to pump the last generator out. You may think, wow that's really good, until I tell you survivors can just wait out the penalty like many survivors do with Corrupt Intervention. About the late game effect, survivors were given plenty of time to cleanse that perk, so it's only fair that they get punished for leaving it active for so long. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

    Ruins don't fit for all killers

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I played against a team with 4 tool boxes, got Temple of Purgation, and by the time I even waddled my ass to the other side of the map (was playing Myers by the way), two generators popped in under 30 seconds.

    New Ruin totally doing work there.

    Honestly, even when I had matches where my Ruin did survive and trying to hardcore do a 3-gen defense strat with many different builds (defensive hag, scratched mirror Myers, it just sucked. It did so little work. Losing 0.5 charges a second on a generator means nothing when survivors can just equip a toolbox and do 1.4 charges a second. Each.

    As a survivor playing against it, instead of feeling obligated to leave me generator that's 60% done to go rescue someone immediately, I just push the last 40% before attempting to make the save. Everyone else does that too, making generators get pushed faster. Hell, I think Ruin has the opposite effect, since survivors feel more pressured to complete the generators before doing anything else, so they do not regress.

    Sorry i do not want to derail the thread but i made a thread in bug section like weeks ago, is stalking of myers fixed? Did you use any FoV changing perks?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/982312#Comment_982312

    It's not fixed from what I felt. Still massive delay and sometimes couldn't stalk people sometimes but could still stalk them through walls other times.

    And I had that one instance where you stab a healthy survivor in tier 3, and you down them, except when you look at the ground, they're not actually downed -- they're actually running away from you -- injured.

    I didn't use any FOV changing perks, no.

    Thanks for letting me know.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/982312#Comment_982312

    It's not fixed from what I felt. Still massive delay and sometimes couldn't stalk people sometimes but could still stalk them through walls other times.

    And I had that one instance where you stab a healthy survivor in tier 3, and you down them, except when you look at the ground, they're not actually downed -- they're actually running away from you -- injured.

    I didn't use any FOV changing perks, no.

    The glitch where they look downed but are actually injured is usually caused by perks like Adrenaline when they are downed and healed at the same time, so that might be what happened.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979326#Comment_979326

    This is how I feel about the reworked Ruin.

    I noticed Ruin doesn't really have a huge impact most games because survivors are either:

    • A.) Found the totem.
    • B.) Killer can't force them off (Killers can only be at one place at a time)
    • C.) Doesn't prevent early rushing.

    The only time where Ruin shines is when the killer has a lot of mobility such as Billy. However, I don't think a perk should only seek use by a few top tier killers, especially a Hex perk because they are supposed to be OP.

    I don't think Ruin is far off, it just needs a boost of some sort when cleansed.

    Perhaps, when cleansed, all survivors suffer from a 20% repair speed penalty for 60/75/90 seconds.

    The regression rate is not scaled by perk tier anymore, just how much the penalty lasts once the related totem is destroyed.

    In theory, when cleansed during the early game, it's still going to slow down repairs by decreasing the repair speeds of all survivors (that makes all generators take 20 seconds longer to repair). During the late game, this perk is devastating since survivors won't be able to pump the last generator out. You may think, wow that's really good, until I tell you survivors can just wait out the penalty like many survivors do with Corrupt Intervention. About the late game effect, survivors were given plenty of time to cleanse that perk, so it's only fair that they get punished for leaving it active for so long. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

    That totally makes sense cc: And pair it with haunted grounds