Reworking ruin is the best change they've made to the game in a long time

Now killers will have to rely on their own skill to apply map pressure and stall out gens instead of depending on a perk that does their job for them with no required input from the killer, at the cost of a perk slot. And with this change, it's extremely likely that we'll get buffs to low teir m1 killers so that they'll be on the same level as high teir killers who have a lot of mobility. The best part about this is that in red/purple ranks, there will be a lot less bad killers who sweat for the 4k and a lot more killers that are genuinely good at the game, playing for fun.

My only critisisms about the hex: ruin changes is that it's a hex perk and can't be paird with gen-kicking related perks. The changes I would suggest is; it can be paird with gen-kicking related perks and once the hex totem is cleansed, the effect lingers for 90 seconds but regression is reduced to normal speed.

Comments

  • @DeanIcity said:

    Thanks Devs!!! Killer players now get to be subjected to entitled survivors even more because you are making them feel as if they have a reason to whine and cry about the game being "too hard", even though It is COMMON KNOWLEDGE that survivors are the actual power role.

    GOOD ######### JOB SO FAR!!!

    Found the killer

  • @Infckingcredible said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/977921#Comment_977921

    It's not all about relying on it. It's about slowing the game down just a little bit to make a really stressful role less stressful. If the game is too fast, you can't really play "fair" and need to tunnel/camp/slug every game if you don't want to get stomped every time just to get flamed by 4 people after the game

    Utter stomps on me are pretty rare. Plus I give similar effort to those I'm playing against. If they seem less coordinated I won't try as hard, and if they're really trying hard I know I can go harder. If others don't like it though, that's fine. It's not all about me.

  • @Huff said:

    Not saying that there's no gen speed problems at all, but...

    If you used ruin every game you probably aren't amazing lets be honest.

    This exactly. I am curious how many people are going settle a few ranks below their current rank now that ruin won't be doing half the work for em.

  • @vMuncher69 said:

    You are very delusional. Own skills? Ok let’s take away dead hard DS and see how great that is..

    i don't use dead hard or ds and i still do good lol

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/977096#Comment_977096

    This exactly. I am curious how many people are going settle a few ranks below their current rank now that ruin won't be doing half the work for em.

    As somebody that recently stopped using Ruin, that is exactly what happened to me. I'm happy with that!

  • @MrMisanthropy66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/977402#Comment_977402

    I have the exact same problem green rank killer facing nothing but full red rank teams. Don't work they got a solution they are just going to HIDE all ranks now so yea. Bub bye DBD the end isn't far away just watch players will be leaving in droves at least all the newer ones

    @MrMisanthropy66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/977402#Comment_977402

    I have the exact same problem green rank killer facing nothing but full red rank teams. Don't work they got a solution they are just going to HIDE all ranks now so yea. Bub bye DBD the end isn't far away just watch players will be leaving in droves at least all the newer ones

    I’m a rank 12 killer, fell from rank 8 (billy) learning huntress. At rank 8 I would get a purple and 3 red rank survivors. At rank 12 I’ll get 2-3 purples a green and occasionally a yellow. There already is a huge imbalance. I get gen rushed to oblivion at rank 8. I can have a hook and a down and a gen will pop. At rank 12 a gen and a down is enough pressure. A gen and a chase may be enough. You just can’t slow the game down enough as a mid experience player because you’re facing at least 3 opponents that are equal or outrank you, sometimes by a lot. There is no way you can try to master mid tier killers and be successful with current matchmaking.

    that being said, ruin doesn’t last long enough to make an impact. It would need to last about 3 minutes to give killer a fighting chance.

    I was already considering stopping ruin because you only have it for 20 seconds to a minute.

    New ruin is going to get cleansed before any value can be achieved most of the time.

  • Anyone could play survivor for about a week or two and have it about mastered. Just map knowledge after that. Then when they run a killer a few times and gen rush, they feel like God's. They have never been so good at a game. Everyone is best survivor.

    Challenge them mfers to play killer for about a week and realize how frustrating and not fun it is. It used to be. But now just not worth the time or frustration. I haven't played in about a month but keep up with the game. It seems that devs want killers just to entertain survivors and take no thought about frustrations of people piloting the killer role.

1 2 ›