Question for developers
So you changed Ruin. You see a lot of complains and rage about it but you are still telling us to test it and try it. So what are you going to do if players (killers) will be still unsatisfied and complaining about Ruin change after PTB testing. What excuse you gonna recommend us? Test it live for another month, and another one, and another one and so on until ppl give up complaining. PTB is supposed to test things before it goes to live server so I supposed that you will not let these changes go to live if players are unsatisfied. Just skip PTB, it will change nothing about your decision. Decision was already made.
Comments
Player feedback isn't the be-all-and-end-all of balancing decisions. They've made changes in the past that players were opposed to because they believed it was the best thing for the game. Sometimes they have turned out well, sometimes less so.
I expect, if you're looking for a genuine answer, that what they'll do if everyone is still unhappy about it is take the feedback back to the designers and have a discussion about it, revisit the changes and see if anything could use some adjustment. That doesn't mean the changes won't go live, but there might be some tweaks to them before they do. They could also decide not to push the changes through - it's happened in the past with the PTB.
Point is, there is no guarantee of whether the changes will go live regardless of how the players feel about them because complaints are not all that is taken into account when it comes to balance. The only guarantee we have is that they will read the feedback and take it into serious consideration before they release the live patch.
They will do what they always do. Here, I've developed a step-by-step guide of the process. I warn you though, if you don't feel like being pissed off, maybe don't read it.
It feels more like they just don't give a ######### about the side that it negatively effects.
The post itself was clearly survivor sided.
Looking at a few of the devs chatting in the forums it's clear that they either don't know jack ######### about the game or are just giving lip service.
"The new hex ruin will be really strong at late game."
You mean that stage that no hex ever gets to short of the killer throwing to protect it or getting godly RNG and protecting it.
Hex haunted ground doesn't make it to late game.
I understand what you mean. Even as a survivor main, I was pretty disappointed by how exclusively survivor-sided the designer notes seemed to be.
I do think that it's logical to assume, however, that the devs know more about the changes at this point than we do, given that they have actually had the chance to test them in practice. I'm confused by some of the things that have been said as well, but it is true that these things can sometimes work out very differently in practice from theory, because there are so many tiny variables involved.
And I think that any feedback we have to give is likely to be taken much more seriously if we wait until after we've had a chance to test the changes before we give it, because otherwise it will just come across as jumping to uninformed conclusions and will likely be dismissed as such.
When is the PTB out, btw?
Point 8 got me ๐๐๐ For me I dont buy any more cosmetics until BHVR starts balancing game for killers too, not only for survivors.
There should be some survey after PTB, discussion and feedback. Take feedback from pro players, streamers and red ranks. Not not only make game easier for 20 rank survivors. But lets be honest, this never gonna happen, I consider this patch already implemented.
This is why we have a PTB.To test out features and content.This op is stupid.
How many times have we tested something on the PTB, didn't like i and then it was fixed to a likable state coming out of PTB?
Yeah hardly ever. I can count the times on one hand.
That's why people are so quick to be outraged by what goes on the PTB.
The PTB is supposed to start today, most likely at 11AM ET, which is in about an hour and a half.
Thanks for answering! :)
I really doubt that devs gonna postpone that knife in backs of killers. Ruin is 99% going live and there will be no feedback. I dont play ruin, Doc changes are fine, but I hate style devs are pampering rank 20 survivors. Its crazy.
Doc changes are not really fine, there's a 3s delay between zapping a surv and being able to attack, the survivors are unable to vault/drop pallets for 2.5s
I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.
But between the almost smug attitude of the devs on the forums and like the general just experience I have from playing this from the get-go.
I just can't.