FNaF Chapter would have it's ups and downs.

I've seen HEAVY debate recently over whether they should make a FNaF chapter or not. I feel like a lot of people don't like FNaF, so they hop on the "ew it's too childish" train, but I was never a huge Stranger Things fan, yet I actually liked the Stranger Things chapter. But, on the other hand, there's not a whole lot we could do with it. Sure, there's about a million animatronics to choose from, Springtrap, Freddy, Nightmare, Baby, and on and on, but I think it'll be difficult just picking one or even two to stick with. Freddy is literally in the game's title, whilst Baby holds a lot of the lore, but Nightmare would be terrifying, and Springtrap is an important character. There's no recognizable survivor we could have either, since we never see anybody's face, plus non FNaF fans would have no clue who they are anyways. We also don't have a good location for a map. All of the games focus on the animatronics closing in on one point, so there's really no room to go anywhere, and those are really the only places in the series. So, if we just don't have a survivor, or a map, and we get ONE killer out of the thousands of candidates, then it'll be a little bland and barren. But, I think everyone has at least a small idea about FNaF being the 'robot murder' game, so they would know why it should be scary, and if they pick the right animatronic, it could actually be terrifying. Like, Baby's faceplates open and it always makes me shudder. Plus, every animatronic has their own quirk, so special attributes wouldn't be a huge problem. I don't know, it's easy in a way, and extremely difficult in a way, so who knows. Plus, I'm not confident they were even planning on making a FNaF chapter.

Comments

  • They could make them like Legion where there are more animatronics with the same power. For survivor they would have to wait for a fnaf film if it ever comes.

  • A lot of people don’t like fnaf because it’s childish but if they look into the story and how it started maybe they will understand. For the killer I think it should be Springtrap who has corpse inside him that’s still alive. And the corpse use to kill kids and take there life’s before the ghost of children corner him and he hid inside the suit. After moving to much and laughing the spring locks go off killing him from the inside as he bleeds out on floor and the door shuts and never been open for 30 years till he can move and start killing again. And yeah I think Springtrap can be the killer

  • Here's one con, I'd quit the game. Want peewee Herman as a survivor too?

  • It's too childish?

    The game is literally a flash game where you press 3 buttons to avoid a gif and loud noise

    FNAF has no place in dbd, hell slenderman is a better fit in dbd then fnaf

  • No thanks. That was a game pandered to children.

    You have killers like Oni, Spirit, Plague, great original killers....

    And then you have....haunted mechanical bots.

  • @utk_darknet said:

    A lot of people don’t like fnaf because it’s childish but if they look into the story and how it started maybe they will understand. For the killer I think it should be Springtrap who has corpse inside him that’s still alive. And the corpse use to kill kids and take there life’s before the ghost of children corner him and he hid inside the suit. After moving to much and laughing the spring locks go off killing him from the inside as he bleeds out on floor and the door shuts and never been open for 30 years till he can move and start killing again. And yeah I think Springtrap can be the killer

    I would love to see Springtrap as a new killer! Since there aren't really any human survivors that they could use from the franchise, they could just make it a Paragraph like they did with Leatherface. Maybe he could have the ability to send out hallucinations of himself, similar to Doctor's hallucinations but they move instead.... 😈 Definitely an idea!

    It's sad that people consider FNaF bad and childish just because of it's fanbase.... if you look past the little kids and weirdos, the series really isn't that bad, and is actually pretty interesting and spooky.

  • @FuntimeWaffle said:

    I've seen HEAVY debate recently over whether they should make a FNaF chapter or not. I feel like a lot of people don't like FNaF, so they hop on the "ew it's too childish" train, but I was never a huge Stranger Things fan, yet I actually liked the Stranger Things chapter. But, on the other hand, there's not a whole lot we could do with it. Sure, there's about a million animatronics to choose from, Springtrap, Freddy, Nightmare, Baby, and on and on, but I think it'll be difficult just picking one or even two to stick with. Freddy is literally in the game's title, whilst Baby holds a lot of the lore, but Nightmare would be terrifying, and Springtrap is an important character. There's no recognizable survivor we could have either, since we never see anybody's face, plus non FNaF fans would have no clue who they are anyways. We also don't have a good location for a map. All of the games focus on the animatronics closing in on one point, so there's really no room to go anywhere, and those are really the only places in the series. So, if we just don't have a survivor, or a map, and we get ONE killer out of the thousands of candidates, then it'll be a little bland and barren. But, I think everyone has at least a small idea about FNaF being the 'robot murder' game, so they would know why it should be scary, and if they pick the right animatronic, it could actually be terrifying. Like, Baby's faceplates open and it always makes me shudder. Plus, every animatronic has their own quirk, so special attributes wouldn't be a huge problem. I don't know, it's easy in a way, and extremely difficult in a way, so who knows. Plus, I'm not confident they were even planning on making a FNaF chapter.

    The only thing FNAF has going for it is that its a fairly decent arcadish game. No horror whatsover.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/118015/fnaf-chapter-would-have-its-ups-and-downs

    The only thing FNAF has going for it is that its a fairly decent arcadish game. No horror whatsover.

    DA SPOOKY ROBOT GIF APPEARED ON MY SCREEN WITH A LOUD NOISE

    THAT IS HORROR

    hostel?shinning?ring?it?halloween? HELL NO, THIS IS TRUE HORROR


  • A lot of people don't like FNAF because of Fatigue. FNAF had a good start because it utilized very basic mechanics to achieve an interesting idea and be an entertaining jumpscare fest.


    Then youtuber got on the backs of FNAF and pump out vid...after vid...after vid...after vid of FNAF content. And more youtubers followed and repeated the cycle. Then the dev pumped out FNAF very quickly. Generally it's a rule that you should always space out releases because people can experience hype fatigue as well as just simple over exposure which is what happened to FNAF.


    People are just sick of it. It's wasn't exactly a ground breaking lore or idea to begin-and yeah, I know the lore- Not even MLP hype was this bad because it was purely driven by fans, while in this case the dev and youtubers were in it too.


    A FNAF would be too divisive, most people would groan at it due to said fatigue. If...any fnaf character was to be picked though. Spring Trap. Since he's purple guy in that suit and he probably acts the mostl ike a slasher.


    Another problem is that there is no iconic character in FNAF. All of the killers so far stand out, or at least try to. FNAF all generally look like creepypasta bears design wise. Rabbits...chickens....whatever. Doll woman looks to me like overgrown toddler than a threat. Baby puppet is just a puppet. I dunno.


    Sprint Trap at least sort of look cool because of his movements and animations.

  • @joker7997 said:

    Here's one con, I'd quit the game. Want peewee Herman as a survivor too?

    His perk would be Sarasota movie theater?

  • Ah, FNaF... Such a big part of my childhood, I think it should stay there. But if there were to be a chapter the killer would have to be spring trap as he's the true killer of the series (Purple guy), and if there was a chapter I would buy it for sure

  • You have to admit though the VR fnaf was actually scary, there was more than just jump scares. Actually the intensity of the everything was more scary than the jump scares

  • I don't see where this "heavy debate" is coming from. There's a few posts that crop up here and there with (what seems like) diehard FNaF fans urging everybody to consider the possibilities of a chapter/paragraph, and suggesting that they look up some of the lore. I'm sure a ton of people here know at least a little about the lore by now with how people keep posting about it.

    Most of the time though, these posts are just laughed off into obscurity.

    @joker7997 said:

    Here's one con, I'd quit the game. Want peewee Herman as a survivor too?

    @Thatbrownmonster said:

    It's too childish?

    The game is literally a flash game where you press 3 buttons to avoid a gif and loud noise

    FNAF has no place in dbd, hell slenderman is a better fit in dbd then fnaf

    These are what I'm talking about.

    As for what I personally feel about it, I feel like there actually is potential for a robotic killer. Now don't get ahead of yourself, because I'm not saying I'm an advocate for FNaF either. What I think should take the place of a "robotic killer" in this game is something more alone the lines of a cyborg, or a Terminator-esque character. It doesn't have to be human-looking but my point is, I'd much rather prefer something like "deadly killing machine" than "cutesy evil Chuck-E-Cheese robot." I feel like the original killers in this game are pretty sweet, so having an original robotic killer like that would be far more preferential for me personally.

  • @Huff said:

    I don't see where this "heavy debate" is coming from. There's a few posts that crop up here and there with (what seems like) diehard FNaF fans urging everybody to consider the possibilities of a chapter/paragraph, and suggesting that they look up some of the lore. I'm sure a ton of people here know at least a little about the lore by now with how people keep posting about it.

    Most of the time though, these posts are just laughed off into obscurity.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251216#Comment_1251216

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251234#Comment_1251234

    These are what I'm talking about.

    As for what I personally feel about it, I feel like there actually is potential for a robotic killer. Now don't get ahead of yourself, because I'm not saying I'm an advocate for FNaF either. What I think should take the place of a "robotic killer" in this game is something more alone the lines of a cyborg, or a Terminator-esque character. It doesn't have to be human-looking but my point is, I'd much rather prefer something like "deadly killing machine" than "cutesy evil Chuck-E-Cheese robot." I feel like the original killers in this game are pretty sweet, so having an original robotic killer like that would be far more preferential for me personally.

    Im Down for the terminator for sure

  • I was a little hesitant to say just outright Terminator because I saw that a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure he's a war machine that shoots bullets and stuff. Obviously you wouldn't want to juts have somebody going berserk with bullets, but I'm sure they could find a way to tone something like that down, like how Ash obviously doesn't have a chainsaw hand like he does in his movies.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251480#Comment_1251480

    I was a little hesitant to say just outright Terminator because I saw that a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure he's a war machine that shoots bullets and stuff. Obviously you wouldn't want to juts have somebody going berserk with bullets, but I'm sure they could find a way to tone something like that down, like how Ash obviously doesn't have a chainsaw hand like he does in his movies.

    Omg What have you never seen the terminator lol??? He's a robot with a living human casing, the only shooting he does is with guns. He would actually fit right in, could be the first killer to just use their bare hands instead of a weapon.

  • @joker7997 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251488#Comment_1251488

    Omg What have you never seen the terminator lol??? He's a robot with a living human casing, the only shooting he does is with guns. He would actually fit right in, could be the first killer to just use their bare hands instead of a weapon.

    As I said it's been a really long time, so long that I don't even remember which one of them I saw. But I think the idea still kind of applies: deadly war machine IMO is a lot more preferential to Chuck E. Cheese animatronic :P

  • I would not mind a FNAF chapter. I’m completely indifferent.

    An animatronic would be a nice breath of fresh air though. I just want something other then the 10th man with knife or killer with a spooky mask. I want something beastly like a werewolf or some kind of monster.

  • @Huff said:

    I don't see where this "heavy debate" is coming from. There's a few posts that crop up here and there with (what seems like) diehard FNaF fans urging everybody to consider the possibilities of a chapter/paragraph, and suggesting that they look up some of the lore. I'm sure a ton of people here know at least a little about the lore by now with how people keep posting about it.

    Most of the time though, these posts are just laughed off into obscurity.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251216#Comment_1251216

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251234#Comment_1251234

    These are what I'm talking about.

    As for what I personally feel about it, I feel like there actually is potential for a robotic killer. Now don't get ahead of yourself, because I'm not saying I'm an advocate for FNaF either. What I think should take the place of a "robotic killer" in this game is something more alone the lines of a cyborg, or a Terminator-esque character. It doesn't have to be human-looking but my point is, I'd much rather prefer something like "deadly killing machine" than "cutesy evil Chuck-E-Cheese robot." I feel like the original killers in this game are pretty sweet, so having an original robotic killer like that would be far more preferential for me personally.

    all comes down how they make him, I don't see how a robot can look scary

  • a FNAF chapter wouldn't happen solely because there is no good map or survivor as you said. The best that would come from it is a Paragraph like Ashe and Leatherface. Personally I don't really care if FNaF gets in, but if it does then that would open up a massive catalog of horror games too be added into DBD. Currently we have no video game based IP in DBD, but if FnaF did get it then it would open up a nice can of worms IMO.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251472#Comment_1251472

    all comes down how they make him, I don't see how a robot can look scary

    Terminator was terrifying looking IMO. They could easily make a robot scary.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    No thanks. That was a game pandered to children.

    You have killers like Oni, Spirit, Plague, great original killers....

    And then you have....haunted mechanical bots.

    I don't think FNAF started out as a kids game or pandered too kids lol. Some games simply just have large kid based fandoms. It shouldn't take away from the game itself because the fandom is cancer. Undertale is an amazing game that has a horrible fandom, doesn't take away from the game itself though.

  • FNaF, love or hate, is a hugely popular 'franchise' and would be very well-received in the DBD universe overall. Now, a lot of players suggest that Freddy (or, indeed, any of his animatronic pals) are 'too cutesy' for a Horror game, but I strongly disagree! They aren't fluffy, Care Bear fun-time friends that sing happy songs (during FNaF gameplay), but are tall, powerful machines intent on doing horrible things to you with freaky expressions on their faces.

    I argue that, even if you aren't a fan of the FNaF games, this is exactly the kind of creepy, frightening killer this game was designed for. They would fit very well in this game, and I would simply adore it if the different cosmetics were the various Freddy Friends you encounter in the games. I don't know if this would be too much work, but perhaps as a paid content it includes three or four 'killers' which are all the same, just reskins. That way you can have the eponymous Freddy, the fox, the bird, etc.

    I do not believe this should include a Survivor as a faceless security guard would just be extra, unnecessary work for the development team.