Survivor main thoughts on Ruin nerf

Baffling. The change sounds good on paper but the developers forgot that it's still a Hex perk which is just hilarious. Not only does it not bring any actual benefits to halting early momentum into the match it's STILL susceptible to getting cleansed seconds into the match.

There's also no sense of urgency anymore for me to go look for Ruin(I can hit ruin skill checks just fine but my teammates can't). I could practically mess around now at early game because I could afford to, Just jump into the middle generator if I wanted and pressure it because I have nothing to worry about. Heck I probably wouldn't even notice you had Ruin which is just funny.

Comments

  • I'm on the bubble on this one. Gens going too quick is a real problem especially for low mobility killers. I do think that if a low rank killer has ruin its gg for him but ruin was probably the only thing slowing down the momentum with red ranks. If the changes go through ruin should not be a totem anymore. I also think that the changes in ruin have the potential to really shake up gameplay just like survivors had to adjust to healing and exhaustion nerfs. I'll reserve further judgement until I see this change in the ptb.

  • I find it absolutely ridiculous lol they only thing they need to do was figure out a way to stop it getting destroyed so quickly, when I practically spawn ontop of ruin, I just shake my head and say really lol of course I'm going to break it 😂 but it really shouldn't ever be that easy. But nope they go change it, and make it just as useless to run it

  • BBQ Should be nerfed since by their logic its almost in every match and despite having good counters like Ruin it's still too hard for beginners that's crouching at the edge of the map.

    Nerf please.

  • @Artyomich said:

    BBQ Should be nerfed since by their logic its almost in every match and despite having good counters like Ruin it's still too hard for beginners that's crouching at the edge of the map.

    Nerf please.

    BBQ already has 7 counters, it's not like that is a big issue for them right now.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/972940#Comment_972940

    BBQ already has 7 counters, it's not like that is a big issue for them right now.

    Man the people in these forums are thick.

    He was being sarcastic by the way.

  • I understand they don’t want killers to run Ruin all the time and want them to mix up their builds but the reason why killers run Ruin is to slow down the game to create momentum. Trying to be positive, this could show the true stats of particular killers and could buff those killers in the future.

  • It depends on how its implemented, if the survivors never get a notification and the gens dont show sparks unless kicked it might be decent, especially against solos since we all tend to stop repairing and go for rescue when someone gets hooked.

    Best case scenario it makes people stop picking it against red ranks, where the perk is pretty much useless since either reds hit a high % of ruin skill checks or find the totem in less than 45 seconds.