So is tunneling acceptable now?

I mean ruin was kinda one of the reasons you could play alittle lax. Now its kill as fast as possible. Edit: i know its not bannable im just saying its pretty much the best way to play now.

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    This is untrue. Neither tunneling nor Hex: Ruin are mandatory to play successfully as killer.

    Right, though both of them were a huge plus for bad killers and against bad survivors.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    This is untrue. Neither tunneling nor Hex: Ruin are mandatory to play successfully as killer.

    If you're playing against chill survivors, then you're right. If the survivors are optimal on gens and when looping (neither of which is hard to do or learn), then the game will be over before the killer can get everyone on their death hook. Slugging will become the meta when these changes go through. Hope everyone enjoys it.

  • I don't care if it's acceptable or not, it's my new play style. I'm going to make a lot of survivors very miserable.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    I mean ruin was kinda one of the reasons you could play alittle lax. Now its kill as fast as possible. Edit: i know its not bannable im just saying its pretty much the best way to play now.

    Tunneling and slugging will become the main way to play killer now probably. I personally always played with the "3 hook everyone and never tunnel" but i don't think that will be possible anymore

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You can always play lax without Ruin. Just play and not care about winning, its really that easy.

    Point of my own thread. Chill out and enjoy the game. ######### hell.

  • It's pretty foolish to think that you need to tunnel in order to do well without Ruin lol. Come on now

  • Tunneling is and always has been acceptable. Survivors don't like it because it's a strong tactic. Playing by the "Survivor's Rulebook for Killers" is probably a big reason the game is in the sorry state that it is. I've never played a game where people compete against each other and there be an expectation that your opponent ignore game winning tactics so you can win easier (and then act like you outplayed them).

  • DS will kill any tunneling attempt anyway.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    I mean ruin was kinda one of the reasons you could play alittle lax. Now its kill as fast as possible. Edit: i know its not bannable im just saying its pretty much the best way to play now.

    You can play however you want.

  • @Marcus said:

    DS will kill any tunneling attempt anyway.

    Welcome to the new Slug Simulator: Dead by Daylight Edition.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    Tunneling is and always has been acceptable. Survivors don't like it because it's a strong tactic. Playing by the "Survivor's Rulebook for Killers" is probably a big reason the game is in the sorry state that it is. I've never played a game where people compete against each other and there be an expectation that your opponent ignore game winning tactics so you can win easier (and then act like you outplayed them).

    This. All of this.

    Also, did I miss something? People are saying that it's the best way to play now like something changed or is changing to make the game harder for Killers. Fill me in.

  • I used to be 100% against it but now I don’t care, because they don’t care about us lmao.

  • @LordEmrich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969494#Comment_969494

    This. All of this.

    Also, did I miss something? People are saying that it's the best way to play now like something changed or is changing to make the game harder for Killers. Fill me in.

    They’re changing the way Ruin works. It will be useless for killers in the beginning of matches and just a little annoying for survivors in endgame.

  • @LordEmrich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969494#Comment_969494

    This. All of this.

    Also, did I miss something? People are saying that it's the best way to play now like something changed or is changing to make the game harder for Killers. Fill me in.

    Hex: Ruin is getting nerfed. Now it doesn't slow down gen progression or have an effect on skill checks. Instead it will apply an automatic regression (1/1.5/2) to all gens when they aren't being worked on, but only if the totem is active.

  • "Survivor are having unfun because Ruin. Let's nerf that!"

    More killer play Camp/Tunnel because it's about kill fast

    More Survivors(Hooker) are having unfun because you die early

    "PRETTY GUD JUB SO FAR"

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969539#Comment_969539

    They’re changing the way Ruin works. It will be useless for killers in the beginning of matches and just a little annoying for survivors in endgame.

    @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969539#Comment_969539

    Hex: Ruin is getting nerfed. Now it doesn't slow down gen progression or have an effect on skill checks. Instead it will apply an automatic regression (1/1.5/2) to all gens when they aren't being worked on, but only if the totem is active.

    Oh that's silly. I knew it was gonna happen eventually cause Survivors. Good thing I only use Ruin on Hag or else I might be affected by that crutch perk.

  • It's never going to be acceptable from the survivors side, but it's going to become so from killers side. Hopefully survivors will show more understanding when it comes to tunneling and semi camping, at least I will when I play survivor which I do most of the time. When they nerf and nerf you have to do all you can to win as killer and tunneling is a strategi that will be used more often now.

  • @LordEmrich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969568#Comment_969568

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969577#Comment_969577

    Oh that's silly. I knew it was gonna happen eventually cause Survivors. Good thing I only use Ruin on Hag or else I might be affected by that crutch perk.

    I think it's only a crutch due to a lack of objectives for survivors. The game is set up like survivors need to spend 5 minutes just getting ready to do gens, with all of the "god" loops/second chance perks/pallets, but in reality they can end the whole game in 4 - 5 minutes.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969596#Comment_969596

    I think it's only a crutch due to a lack of objectives for survivors. The game is set up like survivors need to spend 5 minutes just getting ready to do gens, with all of the "god" loops/second chance perks/pallets, but in reality they can end the whole game in 4 - 5 minutes.

    I totally understand. That's why I tunnel in the first place. The Survivors have it way too easy and the quicker they're gone the less likely they'll finish their solitary objective.

    I'm surprised tunneling isn't what all Killers do. You guys been watching too much HybridPanda and feeling bad for having to kill the Survivors. 😂 Kill the Survivors by any means necessary!

  • @supersonic853 said:

    I mean ruin was kinda one of the reasons you could play alittle lax. Now its kill as fast as possible. Edit: i know its not bannable im just saying its pretty much the best way to play now.

    No because if you tunnel against competent survivors, they will just safe loop you the entire match and everyone will escape when the rest start taking hits for the one you're chasing, or survivor you switch off too.

    So camp instead, it will guarantee you at least 1 or 2 sac's before they finish the game in a minute and 40 seconds.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    I mean ruin was kinda one of the reasons you could play alittle lax. Now its kill as fast as possible. Edit: i know its not bannable im just saying its pretty much the best way to play now.

    Well yes, it's always been the best way to play (if you just wanna win). It wasn't necessary though since ruin bought you some time to play lax and not tunnel people down first hook but why bother now. You'll get a lot of regression on gens if they're too busy being tunneled to death to work on gens.

  • Screw tunneling. Nothing gets your point across and makes people rage quit more than slugging. I'm able to maintain rank 1, would hurt you some if you're trying to rank up but man is it fun. Especially salty when the team is running unbreakable and you just keep downing them. But, it slows the game down. An aspect we are running out of options for.

  • Yes can't wait for the ...long Qs cause no one want to deal with playing killer, tunneling, camping ect. That a lot of killers have gotten away from to come back...fun fun fun

  • I don't like tunneling when I play killer; it's just rarely a fun way to play. I don't run gen slowdown perks, either, because I just don't like them. If survivors come in with four toolboxes and wanna rush through the gens, I let them. I don't care about pipping, and if they think it's more fun to play a gen repair sim than interact with the killer, then that's cool with me. I played survivor before I ever played killer, and it's so much more chill; I refuse to play "sweaty" as killer. I will play in a relaxed manner, dammit, and if that means survivors have a boring game, that's not my problem. I got some BP and XP and hopefully got to use my power at least once; that's what matters to me.

    Given the way my friends and I play both survivor and killer (we prefer memeing to escaping or killing), I can only imagine that the devs have completely blocked my account from counting towards the game's stats.