Mori Animations
I think our older killers need some love in terms of Mori Animations. The trapper, wraith and hillbilly (and somewhat huntress) have some pretty boring moris. What kind of animations do you think would be good for these killers? Here's my suggestions
Trapper - Pick up the survivor and slam/stomp their head into a bear trap
Wraith - Survivor stand up looking dazed with the wraith constantly ringing his bell appearing and disappearing all around the survivor confusing them then goes in for the kill
Hillbilly - Throws the survivor in the air, starts revving his chainsaw and has the survivor land on it
Huntress - puts survivor on their feet, kicks them away and throws a hatchet at their head
These are just a couple of ideas I was thinking of when I realized how boring their moris were. What other killers do you think deserve better moris, and what would they be?
Obviously this shouldn't be very high on the devs priority list, just a general thread to see what you guys think
Comments
@kreeper124 are these ideas inspired by mortal kombat by any chance? 😀
On topic. I've heard an idea being tossed around a while ago that I really liked - design 1 or 2 new mories for each killers and allow players to buy them through the store - same as cosmetics. I would actually love it if this were a thing.
Yeah that'd be cool, being able to select which Mori. And I've hardly played mortal combat, but they've done everything so it'd be hard not to at least somewhat copy a cool kill move lol
I thought so :) and just to clarify, I didn't say that to bash your ideas - I really liked them! The only thing I disagree with is your opinion about the current huntress animation. Why would you ever want to remove that? It's the most brutal mori that we have!
I like the Mori, but I just feel like they could do something better using her hatchets. Or even dual wielding her hatchets to do some real brutal damage
Some more mori's like Legion where the survivor actually fights back a bit would be cool
With honesty, the Pig's Mori can be put on the list. It's rather boring for what it delivers, and I can think of so many things they could have used from the franchise to give us a more satisfying kill.
I love the legions Mori for that reason. Makes it look more realistic
I wish they would've used a kill from the movie as Mori rather than a generic throat slash
They could have moris be released pretty often like they do with various other cosmetics. Why stop at 2? I dont think this idea is too far off either with them now giving us the option to decorate the hooks using charms. They said they're adding charms to the store...so maybe moris can be in the future.
Yeah, I'd love that. The only thing is, I don't know how hard these animations are to make. They might end up pretty expensive
Its only 1 character contact with another one, I think it isnt so hard. Since every Killer has different animation, unlike Survivors have male/female versions
I like the huntress mori.
My only change would be that the last hit is a hatchet to the head, and then the hatchet stays there in the body
Im guessing no more expensive than any 1 piece of a character's cosmetic. You might have cheap "common" ones as well as more expensive "very rare" ones. Maybe we can even get holiday inspired moris later down the line, like having Trapper smash a pumpkin on someones head instead of a beartrap.
For some reason i thought that mori animations might be expensive to create, but you're probably right in that they're probably no more difficult than cosmetics. No idea.
I'm starting to dream now though.
Imagine having this within the rift - for example, in this one trapper gets 1 animation on the free track and 1 animation on the premium track. To make it even, survivors can get unique taunts, e.g. Claud picks up a flower from the ground and tosses it at the killer.
More animations might incentivise killers to bring mories more frequently, which survivors probably won't enjoy, but making cypress base kit could alleviate that.
I would prefer Huntress to hit them in the chest 2x first then finally in the head. Also more blood.
The animations just kinda remind me of some of the stuff Overwatch adds for mid match animations, as well as the video that plays for each character for "Play of the game". Overwatch has alot of pumpkin themed animations and such for Halloween for example.