A Balanced Slippery Meat Rework

As the title says...


As Slippery Meat has greatly aged and is not all that great (barring a few synergies, such as Up the Ante); I felt like it could use some love and a quick update.


Slippery Meat: Upon being unhooked (self or by ally), a token is consumed and you sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 5 seconds, causing exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds. You have two tokens.


As Slippery Meat has slippery in it, I felt like it should have something to do with making you slippery.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Cool idea! Definitely an improvement. Would be nice combined with Deliverance, Breakdown and DS haha

  • Also i don't think the token system is necessary because you can't be unhooked more than twice.

  • I like the idea. Definitely better than current SM, but literally anything would be better.

    -Would it cause exhaustion? That might be crazy strong when used in conjunction with say dead hard (nvm I reread your post).-

    Definitely worth considering as an official change.

  • @Colton147 said:

    As the title says...

    As Slippery Meat has greatly aged and is not all that great (barring a few synergies, such as Up the Ante); I felt like it could use some love and a quick update.

    Slippery Meat: Upon being unhooked (self or by ally), a token is consumed and you sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 5 seconds, causing exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds. You have two tokens.

    As Slippery Meat has slippery in it, I felt like it should have something to do with making you slippery.

    Are you serious right now? Slippery meat is easily one of if not thee most op perk on dbd. I can’t stand when survivors use this and will often dc out of rage. No mither also comes to mind as a dirty op perk. Nerf them both.

  • Huh, that actually sounds pretty decent.

    Another way to have the unhooked one be a bit more secured, i like it.

  • Combined with babysitter? You would never get tunneled lol.

  • @Colton147 said:

    As the title says...

    As Slippery Meat has greatly aged and is not all that great (barring a few synergies, such as Up the Ante); I felt like it could use some love and a quick update.

    Slippery Meat: Upon being unhooked (self or by ally), a token is consumed and you sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for 5 seconds, causing exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds. You have two tokens.

    As Slippery Meat has slippery in it, I felt like it should have something to do with making you slippery.

    I think this is rather useless because it would just be spent on the start of the match and not change anything. I would much rather see the perk preventing stuggle or giving one more hook stage

  • Who keeps closing these discussions?

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117368/a-balanced-slippery-meat-rework

    Are you serious right now? Slippery meat is easily one of if not thee most op perk on dbd. I can’t stand when survivors use this and will often dc out of rage. No mither also comes to mind as a dirty op perk. Nerf them both.

    While I have to agree that Slippery Meat is very powerful, I would not count it as one of the three most op perks. Vigil, Up The Ante and Streetwise are by far the three strongest perks.

  • Why run this new Slippery Meat if Sprint Burst exists then? Can be used even while not hooked, in way more occasions, and you accomplish the exact same effect.

  • I think it'd probably be fine if it removed the struggle phase completely, gave bonus bloodpoints, and slowed down the hook timer. I don't think it would be used as an exhaustion perk that relies on being hooked though.

  • Sorry, but SB does the exact same thing