Discussing what gets nerfed

I seem to notice that mostly survivor perks are of discussion, the one thing that survivors have to rely to try to have a slight edge, and killer power, the one thing that differs one killer from one another. The only killer perk that is of constant killer discussion is NOED, but I refuse to start an argument in a meeting discussion.

Comments

  • I say we nerf personal opinions and buff BHVR Overlord subjugations!

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I think we have to be careful when discussing 'nerfs' and 'buffs' because of the relative and subjective nature of those terms.

    Back and forth discussions about: what should be nerfed; what should be buffed; 'nerf this!'; 'buff that!' are rarely helpful and I find that they fuel the conflict between killers and survivors. I think a more holistic and helpful approach to game balance is to look at things as being reworked or tweaked. I find this tends to avoid the negative connotations of 'nerfed' and doesn't server to spark altercations as much.

    I agree. Tho people do complain about gens being done 2 fast,moris and keys but those aren't perks so it doesn't count :3

  • @ZtarShot said:

    I seem to notice that mostly survivor perks are of discussion, the one thing that survivors have to rely to try to have a slight edge, and killer power, the one thing that differs one killer from one another. The only killer perk that is of constant killer discussion is NOED, but I refuse to start an argument in a meeting discussion.

    You can’t nerf NoED and leave perks untouched such as: BT, Adrenaline, DS, etc.

    I personally don’t care about the perks being nerfed. It is what it is.

    Same with gen speeds because they already take a considerable amount of time to complete solo and if you get “gen-rushed” it’s mostly by an experienced team or SWF and you’re not pressuring enough.

    What really needs to be fixed is the hit boxes and matchmaking. Freddy’s spaghetti fingers hit from 10 feet away (I have a clip) 😂 and Survivor matchmaking takes too long (Xbox)

    All this “nerf” this and “buff” this talk is just from people that have had a bad match or two against whatever they’re talking about nerfing or buffing.

  • I think deep wound needs to be removed form bt, so you have to heal again. Adrenaline only will pick you up from downed state when it triggers. Noed - for each uncleansed totem killer gets 1% movement speed, survivors who cleanse at least 1 totem will not suffer from exposed status.

  • Big maps need a nerf. Super unfun to play on as a killer.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117270/discussing-what-gets-nerfed

    You can’t nerf NoED and leave perks untouched such as: BT, Adrenaline, DS, etc.

    I personally don’t care about the perks being nerfed. It is what it is.

    Same with gen speeds because they already take a considerable amount of time to complete solo and if you get “gen-rushed” it’s mostly by an experienced team or SWF and you’re not pressuring enough.

    What really needs to be fixed is the hit boxes and matchmaking. Freddy’s spaghetti fingers hit from 10 feet away (I have a clip) 😂 and Survivor matchmaking takes too long (Xbox)

    All this “nerf” this and “buff” this talk is just from people that have had a bad match or two against whatever they’re talking about nerfing or buffing.

    What people fail to realize is that if you suck at the game, either as killer or survivor, no nerfing or tweaking of anything I’d going to help you score an easy win, and that’s what everyone wants...an easy win.

  • @HellDescent said:

    I think deep wound needs to be removed form bt, so you have to heal again. Adrenaline only will pick you up from downed state when it triggers. Noed - for each uncleansed totem killer gets 1% movement speed, survivors who cleanse at least 1 totem will not suffer from exposed status.

    That is not ideal at all with NoED. There would be no need in NoED being a Hex perk if you can cleanse a basic totem to not be affected.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966291#Comment_966291

    What people fail to realize is that if you suck at the game, either as killer or survivor, no nerfing or tweaking of anything I’d going to help you score an easy win, and that’s what everyone wants...an easy win.

    as a killer and a survivor, I don’t want an easy Win. I want a fun game. Beat me all you want but make it enjoyable and not miserable.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117270/discussing-what-gets-nerfed

    You can’t nerf NoED and leave perks untouched such as: BT, Adrenaline, DS, etc.

    I personally don’t care about the perks being nerfed. It is what it is.

    Same with gen speeds because they already take a considerable amount of time to complete solo and if you get “gen-rushed” it’s mostly by an experienced team or SWF and you’re not pressuring enough.

    What really needs to be fixed is the hit boxes and matchmaking. Freddy’s spaghetti fingers hit from 10 feet away (I have a clip) 😂 and Survivor matchmaking takes too long (Xbox)

    All this “nerf” this and “buff” this talk is just from people that have had a bad match or two against whatever they’re talking about nerfing or buffing.

    When did I say anything about nerfing noed. (Smiley face w/ tear emoji x10)

  • I saw more comments about NOED rather than the actual point of the discussion, discussing what gets buffed and or nerfed.

    It kinda proved my point doe.

  • The thing about this game is that you have many different levels of players and certain things seem OP, depending on your skill level. New players will hate Ruin, NOED, and BBQ, but experienced players don't have issue with it. Where a normal game is balanced at the top level of play, BHVR seems to balance around the average. This can be an issue when you get top level players, because they exploit the things that are supposed to be there to help the lesser players.

    My main issues come in with a lack of reasonable counter play. DS with the doors open has no counter play. Head on has no counter play. 90* flashlights have no counter play. These things by themselves aren't strong and are great for solo, but when they get in the hands of a strong SWF team, it's insanely overpowered.

    Overall, the game isn't in a terrible state balance wise. A tweak here or there and it could be solved.

  • @JC316 said:

    The thing about this game is that you have many different levels of players and certain things seem OP, depending on your skill level. New players will hate Ruin, NOED, and BBQ, but experienced players don't have issue with it. Where a normal game is balanced at the top level of play, BHVR seems to balance around the average. This can be an issue when you get top level players, because they exploit the things that are supposed to be there to help the lesser players.

    My main issues come in with a lack of reasonable counter play. DS with the doors open has no counter play. Head on has no counter play. 90* flashlights have no counter play. These things by themselves aren't strong and are great for solo, but when they get in the hands of a strong SWF team, it's insanely overpowered.

    Overall, the game isn't in a terrible state balance wise. A tweak here or there and it could be solved.

    I kinda disagree with the DS, but it may be because I suck at skillchecks, but Unnerving Presence really does me in (with DS, of course.)