What's with the Huntress popularity the past few days?

Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but literally 80% of my matches the past few days are against Huntress. I really started noticing it when the double bloodpoint event began. I'm a rank 1 survivor (but not all killer I go against are red ranks), so I'm not sure what the correlation is. I might just be on a lucky Huntress streak or something, just not sure if I missed something about her that has everyone playing her all of a sudden.

(For context, I would barely get Huntress matches but now it's like they all came out of hibernation)

Comments

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but literally 80% of my matches the past few days are against Huntress. I really started noticing it when the double bloodpoint event began. I'm a rank 1 survivor (but not all killer I go against are red ranks), so I'm not sure what the correlation is. I might just be on a lucky Huntress streak or something, just not sure if I missed something about her that has everyone playing her all of a sudden.

    (For context, I would barely get Huntress matches but now it's like they all came out of hibernation)

    Might be killers getting fed up with looping or just trying to make their lives easier during events. I know there used to be a lot of huntress mains too and from my experience whenever an event hits all the people who don't play the game come out of hiding for the event

  • I started to see more Nurses lately. But they either get defeated pretty easily, either get carried by NOED.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/116978/whats-with-the-huntress-popularity-the-past-few-days

    Might be killers getting fed up with looping or just trying to make their lives easier during events. I know there used to be a lot of huntress mains too and from my experience whenever an event hits all the people who don't play the game come out of hiding for the event

    If you're fed with looping you can play Nurse or Spirit or Hag instead of playing the map lottery with Huntress and having a 50% chance of... getting looped

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963061#Comment_963061

    If you're fed with looping you can play Nurse or Spirit or Hag instead of playing the map lottery with Huntress and having a 50% chance of... getting looped

    Very good point. I never seem to do well with Hag though and I can't play Nurse so sometimes I honestly just take the chance XD But I definitely agree the maps need to be reworked so you can actually throw over loops

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963076#Comment_963076

    Very good point. I never seem to do well with Hag though and I can't play Nurse so sometimes I honestly just take the chance XD But I definitely agree the maps need to be reworked so you can actually throw over loops

    I recommend Hag because I main her but I get why a lot of people don't play her

    But yeah, Huntress on good maps for her is so fun. I think Huntress on Autohaven or McMillan is my favorite killer in the game

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963061#Comment_963061

    If you're fed with looping you can play Nurse or Spirit or Hag instead of playing the map lottery with Huntress and having a 50% chance of... getting looped

    Not really map lottery. Huntress has a few shes god tier on, a ton of average maps, and a few bad ones. It's no where near the 50/50 you think. Probably closer to 85/15. Even on the bad ones you can still 4k good groups it's just super annoying and not worth it.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963076#Comment_963076

    Not really map lottery. Huntress has a few shes god tier on, a ton of average maps, and a few bad ones. It's no where near the 50/50 you think. Probably closer to 85/15. Even on the bad ones you can still 4k good groups it's just super annoying and not worth it.

    But that's what I said. I was talking about getting looped. If you're not on a few select maps you're getting looped more often than not. It's not about winning.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963082#Comment_963082

    I recommend Hag because I main her but I get why a lot of people don't play her

    But yeah, Huntress on good maps for her is so fun. I think Huntress on Autohaven or McMillan is my favorite killer in the game

    Yeah, those maps are definitely fun for her. I never can seem to get the teleport down with Hag and every time I try I just fail miserably so I just decided it isn't for me

  • I use the Huntress as my main. I just like throwing the axe.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963091#Comment_963091

    But that's what I said. I was talking about getting looped. If you're not on a few select maps you're getting looped more often than not. It's not about winning.

    Mostly I just wanted to clarify it before people mistook it.

  • She has always been a popular killer on PC.

  • I wish I got more Huntresses. All I get is Trapper, Ghostface, and Spirit.

  • @Marcus said:

    I started to see more Nurses lately. But they either get defeated pretty easily, either get carried by NOED.

    Out of curiousity, what rank, platform, and region are you? The Nurses I saw so far, are actually quite solid, and none of them had NOED so far.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but literally 80% of my matches the past few days are against Huntress. I really started noticing it when the double bloodpoint event began. I'm a rank 1 survivor (but not all killer I go against are red ranks), so I'm not sure what the correlation is. I might just be on a lucky Huntress streak or something, just not sure if I missed something about her that has everyone playing her all of a sudden.

    (For context, I would barely get Huntress matches but now it's like they all came out of hibernation)

    It's 80% Trapper, 10% Myers, 7% Clown, and 3% Legion for me.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    Not sure if I'm the only one experiencing this, but literally 80% of my matches the past few days are against Huntress. I really started noticing it when the double bloodpoint event began. I'm a rank 1 survivor (but not all killer I go against are red ranks), so I'm not sure what the correlation is. I might just be on a lucky Huntress streak or something, just not sure if I missed something about her that has everyone playing her all of a sudden.

    (For context, I would barely get Huntress matches but now it's like they all came out of hibernation)

    I have been having alot of huntresses as well recently,and alot of clowns for some reason..

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963070#Comment_963070

    Out of curiousity, what rank, platform, and region are you? The Nurses I saw so far, are actually quite solid, and none of them had NOED so far.

    Red ranks, Europe, PC.

  • She's fun and rewarding to play, and strong too on many maps.

    It has always seemed like it sorta goes in "waves" with her though. There's a while where there's a lot of Huntresses, then a while where you rarely see it. I like playing her and playing against her no matter if I win or lose though so I'm not complaining ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

  • Huntresses new album has come out so that is why everyone is playing her.