How would this nerf work?

So you know how bloodlust activates after being in chase for so long? What if for survivors exhaustion activated in a similar way in edition to the exhaustion perks. The timer increases the longer your in chase

So : however long it takes to gain bloodlust applies to the surivor gaining exhaustion

For 15s that timer is 5 seconds

For 45s it bumbs up to 25 seconds etc

Idk. But it could make mindbreaker just a little bit more usable

Comments

  • Since Exhaustion does not go down while running, you can simply disable every Exhaustion Perk after a few seconds of Chasing. Yeah, not gonna happen. Its already bad enough that some cheap Killer Add Ons can give Exhaustion, because they were never adjusted after the Exhaustion-Nerf.

    But giving a Survivor Exhaustion because he is able to run the Killer for a few seconds? Nope.

  • They should buff mindbreaker instead.

  • Like @Aven_Fallen said, the exhaustion doesn't go down while running, so I don't think this is necessary.

  • I think maybe if the chase goes on for 60 seconds, then 30 seconds of exhaustion should be applied, but nothing else. Exhaustion perks need a bit of a nerf.

  • @Raven014 said:

    I think maybe if the chase goes on for 60 seconds, then 30 seconds of exhaustion should be applied, but nothing else. Exhaustion perks need a bit of a nerf.

    So penalize the survivor because the killer can’t drop a pointless chase? Yeah, no. I’m a killer main and that’s ridiculous to do.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945625#Comment_945625

    So penalize the survivor because the killer can’t drop a pointless chase? Yeah, no. I’m a killer main and that’s ridiculous to do.

    It's more of a fact like: the survivor has wasted enough of the killers time, any more will punish you kind of mentality. The fact that a survivor could, in theory, loop a killer for 5 gens is a bit much. Survivors are supposed to be terrible in a 1v1 against a killer... that's why there are 4 of them.

    Say you're chasing the last survivor and they extend it past 60 seconds (through their own skill). If the hatch is closed, it's a waste of their time, if it's open, it's a last desperate race to the hatch. It should feel desperate...

    I think it's ludicrous how easy they are to use in comparison to other perks... especially that SB glitch where you can hold it for later. This prevents that.

    It doesn't even have to be during a chase. It could be just running for one minute causes exhaustion. Wouldn't it cause it normally?

    I would ask what rank you are at, since I think this change would be balanced at red. But, then again, people will argue because they can. I even suggested a huge change to the original concept that would make the concept way weaker. I would easy make it 45 or 30 if that makes it more ok in your eyes, but that would make it too strong.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945632#Comment_945632

    It's more of a fact like: the survivor has wasted enough of the killers time, any more will punish you kind of mentality. The fact that a survivor could, in theory, loop a killer for 5 gens is a bit much. Survivors are supposed to be terrible in a 1v1 against a killer... that's why there are 4 of them.

    Say you're chasing the last survivor and they extend it past 60 seconds (through their own skill). If the hatch is closed, it's a waste of their time, if it's open, it's a last desperate race to the hatch. It should feel desperate...

    I think it's ludicrous how easy they are to use in comparison to other perks... especially that SB glitch where you can hold it for later. This prevents that.

    It doesn't even have to be during a chase. It could be just running for one minute causes exhaustion. Wouldn't it cause it normally?

    I would ask what rank you are at, since I think this change would be balanced at red. But, then again, people will argue because they can. I even suggested a huge change to the original concept that would make the concept way weaker. I would easy make it 45 or 30 if that makes it more ok in your eyes, but that would make it too strong.

    so penalizing survivors because they are better than killer they are facing xd

    right now we have killers that are abusing bloodlust (not even trying to hit on pallet loop but waiting to get BL2) why would killers need more help than that? if they will get even more help they wont ever learn when and why you should drop chase in area where is 5 pallets left while chasing good surv

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945632#Comment_945632

    It's more of a fact like: the survivor has wasted enough of the killers time, any more will punish you kind of mentality. The fact that a survivor could, in theory, loop a killer for 5 gens is a bit much. Survivors are supposed to be terrible in a 1v1 against a killer... that's why there are 4 of them.

    Say you're chasing the last survivor and they extend it past 60 seconds (through their own skill). If the hatch is closed, it's a waste of their time, if it's open, it's a last desperate race to the hatch. It should feel desperate...

    I think it's ludicrous how easy they are to use in comparison to other perks... especially that SB glitch where you can hold it for later. This prevents that.

    It doesn't even have to be during a chase. It could be just running for one minute causes exhaustion. Wouldn't it cause it normally?

    I would ask what rank you are at, since I think this change would be balanced at red. But, then again, people will argue because they can. I even suggested a huge change to the original concept that would make the concept way weaker. I would easy make it 45 or 30 if that makes it more ok in your eyes, but that would make it too strong.

    It doesn’t matter. If you penalize a survivor for being able to loop a killer, how is that fair? If as a killer I get looped for all gens, who’s fault is that really?

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945655#Comment_945655

    It doesn’t matter. If you penalize a survivor for being able to loop a killer, how is that fair? If as a killer I get looped for all gens, who’s fault is that really?

    Because a survivor shouldnt be able to loop forever...? And it makes sense?

  • @Galklife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945655#Comment_945655

    so penalizing survivors because they are better than killer they are facing xd

    right now we have killers that are abusing bloodlust (not even trying to hit on pallet loop but waiting to get BL2) why would killers need more help than that? if they will get even more help they wont ever learn when and why you should drop chase in area where is 5 pallets left while chasing good surv

    Well, if they manage to outplay the killer in 60 seconds without an exhaustion perk, they clearly don't need one.

  • @LustForBP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945655#Comment_945655

    It doesn’t matter. If you penalize a survivor for being able to loop a killer, how is that fair? If as a killer I get looped for all gens, who’s fault is that really?

    Again, I responded saying theoretically. It's more a buff to green rank killers to not give up a chase, since purple and red ranks don't need the help.

  • After balanced landing was Nerfed exhaustion perks should never be touched again that's my opinion

  • I feel like this would make exhaustion perks that aren't Sprint Burst awful. Dead Hard especially would become flat-out unusable. As stated above, if you want to buff Mindbreaker, just buff Mindbreaker.

  • @Seltas0208 said:

    So you know how bloodlust activates after being in chase for so long? What if for survivors exhaustion activated in a similar way in edition to the exhaustion perks. The timer increases the longer your in chase

    So : however long it takes to gain bloodlust applies to the surivor gaining exhaustion

    For 15s that timer is 5 seconds

    For 45s it bumbs up to 25 seconds etc

    Idk. But it could make mindbreaker just a little bit more usable

    No.

    Why not instead buff mindbreaker?

    Survivor already cannot be recovered in chases, and perks like sprint burst will just be completely dead.

    And dead hard will just be trash tier.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    After balanced landing was Nerfed exhaustion perks should never be touched again that's my opinion

    I hate that nerf.

    Instead of fixing the broken maps they decide to nerf BL thinking it would fix the problem, and those maps are still problematic

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945632#Comment_945632

    It's more of a fact like: the survivor has wasted enough of the killers time, any more will punish you kind of mentality. The fact that a survivor could, in theory, loop a killer for 5 gens is a bit much. Survivors are supposed to be terrible in a 1v1 against a killer... that's why there are 4 of them.

    Say you're chasing the last survivor and they extend it past 60 seconds (through their own skill). If the hatch is closed, it's a waste of their time, if it's open, it's a last desperate race to the hatch. It should feel desperate...

    I think it's ludicrous how easy they are to use in comparison to other perks... especially that SB glitch where you can hold it for later. This prevents that.

    It doesn't even have to be during a chase. It could be just running for one minute causes exhaustion. Wouldn't it cause it normally?

    I would ask what rank you are at, since I think this change would be balanced at red. But, then again, people will argue because they can. I even suggested a huge change to the original concept that would make the concept way weaker. I would easy make it 45 or 30 if that makes it more ok in your eyes, but that would make it too strong.

    Survivors should not be punished for doing well.


    And it is the killer fault for being to stupid to chase a survivor for 5 gens, maybe instead they should fix their tunnel vision mentality?

    Any good killer will know when to chase survivors and when to end a chase, do we balance around rank 20 where killers dont know when to end chase?

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945667#Comment_945667

    Because a survivor shouldnt be able to loop forever...? And it makes sense?

    Survivors ARE ABLE to loop forever because of the trash killers tunnel vision mentality.


    Survivors doesn't need any kind of change, the only thing we need here is to change those killers tunnel vision mentality.


    What about stun the killer for 10 seconds when all survivors are in dead hook and there are still 5 gens? cause "killer will most likely be able to 4k in that scenarios and then survivors need some kind of help"

  • @laurelstroodle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946802#Comment_946802

    Survivors ARE ABLE to loop forever because of the trash killers tunnel vision mentality.

    Survivors doesn't need any kind of change, the only thing we need here is to change those killers tunnel vision mentality.

    What about stun the killer for 10 seconds when all survivors are in dead hook and there are still 5 gens? cause "killer will most likely be able to 4k in that scenarios and then survivors need some kind of help"

    Well, it doesn't make sense that survivors are able to run forever without getting exhausted... at least to me.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/947000#Comment_947000

    Well, it doesn't make sense that survivors are able to run forever without getting exhausted... at least to me.

    The thing here is, we dont balance around real world physics, this is a game, physics here doesn't apply (just in some situations)


    Why does a killer gains a random speed (bloodlust) which make them seem like sonic and doesn't get exhausted?