Can someone explain why gens are allowed to be done so fast?

Allow me to add some context i am not a killer main i play both sides of the board and even so i know people have talked about this issue a lot but i want to talk about this. Generally when i play killer 8 out of 10 times i will get a swf i play in the rank 10 to rank 2'ish area in case you wanted to know but im sick and tired of playing killer gens get done way to f*cking fast even with ruin and corrupt intervention as well as me playing very well with good map pressure i will rarely have a game where 1 or 2 gens are not done in the first 3-4 mins and thats while getting hooks gen rushing is such a problem for so many people that when i dont run ruin, Corrupt intervention , Pop goes the weasel ext i will almost never get a game were i have survivors even considerably pressured if i have this gen almost done i kick and there right back on it if i try to pressure that gen another gen gets almost done its come to the point where im more afraid of survivors running 4 man toolboxes then flashlights please if your reading this share your opinion cause at this rate im probably never going to pick up killer again

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945319#Comment_945319

    Think the biggest issue to this is just how much things can stack for either end of the extreme. Devs seemed VERY concerned with "Forever Freddy" slowing down gens by a large amount after slowly building up debuffs throughout the length of the game, but seem fine with the opposite effect of a perk/toolbox setup stacking together to pump out gens quickly. While I tend to be one that says to apply more pressure, its hard to do that equally well against a team whose members are getting the gens done in 80 seconds versus a team doing them in 50.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/687/HGDYVWVA7548.jpg

    Both ends of the extreme sucks. The devs took a step towards extreme slowdowns...just waiting for the opposite to come into play in which speed up times like THIS can be used at the very start of the game without any need to work towards them.

    You will be waiting till the game dies then...

  • @DBDIT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/944333#Comment_944333

    Look who's talking. You don't have to read anything you moron. You saw my comment and got triggered by it for now reason. Grow up.

    Sorry I got you butthurt cause you wanted to be toxic. My bad :) I know some ppl are lonely around Christmas and need to vent.

  • I personally think that the trials are too easy for survivors, and things are too predictably placed, like totems and whatnot. Combine that with the fact that there are 4 survivors running around, it's really hard to get a 4k if you don't identify the weakest links and keep them injured or hooked. As I've gotten better at killer I've realized how important it is to sometimes just injure someone, instead of committing to downing them. With self-care it takes 32 seconds to heal, which is 32 seconds not being worked on a gen.

    But, I do agree they're done too fast.

  • @Go_Go_Roboto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/944701#Comment_944701

    Sorry I got you butthurt cause you wanted to be toxic. My bad :) I know some ppl are lonely around Christmas and need to vent.

    Who are you? I feel like I'm talking to a nobody.

  • Gens are "allowed" to be repaired quickly for the same reason it's "allowed" to kill quickly. I have several 1-2 minutes 4ks on my YT profile including red ranks with 3 strong toolboxes (2 purple engineer's and 1 commodious toolbox) using the "weakest killer in the game" (Bubba).

    When did people ever repair 5 gens in 1-2 minutes? If things go THAT quickly it usually means one side messed up A LOT - possibly without noticing it. As killer it's usually the result of not finding/downing the first survivor quickly or failing to hold or increase the momentum.

  • 80 seconds is more than enough time to have to hold down a button... If all your survivors are doing gens uninterrupted to the point that they're getting done that fast, you need to switch up tactics.

    I suck as a killer (R 20) and my last Trapper match was a 4k. All I did was apply pressure and use the tools at my disposal (crows, mostly) to be where they wanted to be by the time they got there. Then again, at this stage, I care more about learning than I do getting a 4k. A 1k usually makes me pretty happy.

  • Because it has been like this for 3 years without problem and for some reason people is having the genrush problem now

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Because its a party game, not a competive horror game.

    You're words are the saddest truth. The game, although has competitive aspects to it, is still a party game.

  • @NMCKE said:

    TL;DR at bottom of post.

    Generators been a problem for a while, and the developers need to make some changes to the core objective system instead of using perks to balance things out. This is something I always disagreed with because then players are forced to take up perk slots to balance the game out, instead of them using a variety of builds.

    However, I don't want to get ahead of myself here, if we make changes to the core objective system, then we need to keep in mind that you're giving every killer a significant buff. If you throw in the current Ruin, Sloppy Butcher, Corrupt Intervention, No One Escapes Death, or Pop Goes The Weasel, games will be slowed to a crawl and survivors will likely make no meaningful progress at all at that point.

    Therefore, some killers, specifically the powerful ones, might need to be changed or survivors will need something else to compensate for the extra time killers are given. This wouldn't be too harsh, just enough to prevent things for getting haywire. The same also applies to certain perks that affected game speed. ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜

    TL;DR

    Generators are a problem and the entire survivor objective needs a huge over haul to solve this. However, we must keep in mind of the side effects in updating the old system because all killers are receiving a huge buff, as well as slow down perks โ€” they might need a tweak, too.

    I think it's possible for something to be added to the survivor's side that wouldn't require such a significant investment.

    I had this thought awhile ago and made a video for it... I forget where it is though...

    What if the gens as they are now were left alone.

    Once they were done, the switches for the gates appeared... somewhere on the map far from the gates themselves like the hatch.

    The gates would no longer be a safe spot for survivors until they were opened and they wouldn't be easily campable by trap killers since they'd have to wait for gens to be finished for the switches to appear.

    The players would have an endgame that could still go either way at that point.

    Once a survivor pulled a switch, one of the gates opened... but no one would know which.

    EGC triggers as normal and gameplay continues to its conclusion.

    This can add a new section of time to the match that isn't an M1 simulator and creates a frantic search and escape scenario.

    Perks could be adjusted to work within this new scenario to make for an even greater sequence of events.

    Rough idea... thoughts?

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945237#Comment_945237

    I think it's possible for something to be added to the survivor's side that wouldn't require such a significant investment.

    I had this thought awhile ago and made a video for it... I forget where it is though...

    What if the gens as they are now were left alone.

    Once they were done, the switches for the gates appeared... somewhere on the map far from the gates themselves like the hatch.

    The gates would no longer be a safe spot for survivors until they were opened and they wouldn't be easily campable by trap killers since they'd have to wait for gens to be finished for the switches to appear.

    The players would have an endgame that could still go either way at that point.

    Once a survivor pulled a switch, one of the gates opened... but no one would know which.

    EGC triggers as normal and gameplay continues to its conclusion.

    This can add a new section of time to the match that isn't an M1 simulator and creates a frantic search and escape scenario.

    Perks could be adjusted to work within this new scenario to make for an even greater sequence of events.

    Rough idea... thoughts?

    Don't worry, I seen the video a while ago and I actually like the idea because it gives the killer more time and it could balance the EGC for the last survivor (I.E. Survivor isn't screwed when the Exit Gates spawn on the same wall). ๐Ÿ˜

1 2 โ€บ