what do you think dead by daylights biggest problem is right now?

I've been thinking about this for a good bit

Now as it goes for my understanding the current game is a lot better than the past version of the game. But how can we make it better?

Maps.

I do believe that maps right now are the biggest issue. Loops that spawn right next to each other and some maps that have no loops at all or dead zones. along with spawns for totems but this is mainly older maps. God windows are also a need of fix IMO, just a doorway would be nice. The loop can be strong but some counterplay would be fun.

Perks.

A lot of underused perks along with very very strong perks on both sides. I'm sure that both sides hate having to see the same thing over and over. I understand there is a meta but I think we should have different builds or perks that combo really well It would be bit fresh air in this game, instead getting a new skin. We could see what perks that don't get used and buff them a bit.

Killer powers.

I do believe that over time we have gotten better killers. so many amazing ideas and killer powers have come from the devs but looking back on a lot of killers like wraith, clown, trapper or pig and watching them get outshined by better killers like hillbilly, oni, nurse and so on. I'm not saying buff them out there skull but its been a good bit now. some of these killers have been cut and dry. Let's shake things up a bit.

Survivor objectives

It would something new or amazing to bring into dbd with something still pushing to there end goal of escaping the game.

Like gens that need parts/gas that is on the map or different type of exit gate.

PTB's

there should changes and we could test them on the ptb with the servers and the feedback we can see what's fair and unfair. or try buffed killers or perks or different ob

Or have community ideas or input with the game.

Comments

  • The devs took the easy way out and nerf whatever they can. Balanced Landing was god the way it was. Object of Obsession is good the way it was. All we ask is for the maps reworks, fix the gen speed. And fix the bugs as well.

  • I think the main issue is maps. There is a large inconsistency between them, and it's easy to spot which one is survivor sided vs. which is killer sided. I think maps NEED to be the same size, or close to it. It makes balancing a nightmare when you have these huge maps that you need to apply pressure on.

    Not to mention, but Huntress gets progressively worse due to these map inconsistencies. The influx of trees, indoor maps, Haddonfield, weird collisions, make playing her way more frustrating. She defs needs some QoL improvements to make her more viable.

    But back to the topic of maps, I am really against these massive maps that make playing no mobility killers so much more dreadful. Some maps need their lighting overhauled, especially the Yamaoka maps. Also, why does it have the bamboo that makes blendettes literally invisible? and why do I have to rely on audio for that matter, which is COMPLETELY busted.

    Overall, maps need to be more consistent in size and lighting.

  • @projecteulogy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/946627#Comment_946627

    Imma flag this for trolling because you failed to even be on topic.

    You are literally the problem with the current killer meta. Enjoy those increasing wait times because people get tired of getting camped and/or tunneled. You get way more points for hooking everyone over and over. Don't like it, don't play. You tunnel or camp? I'll DC/suicide and move on to the next game. Don't care if i get banned either, because BHVR lacks any and all principles when it comes to coding the game in any way shape or form of having fun. Their spewing out DLC and Cosmetics with a broken game with more bugs than a dirty bed.

    OH ♥ FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT. I refuse to play as survivor unless I'm playing on premade. 2 weeks ago I had a killer facecamping me and then saying "sorry" (oh, but not really) but they had to do a challenge. This game is only becoming a waste of time and so draining. How am I going to be able to get better at playing if I'm not even given the chance by the killers? The game gives you 3 chances. Killers don't even give you once. The problem isn't just the game, the problem is the ######### people playing. They mask behind the character being a "killer" and that their only purpose it's to sacrifice the survivors. But there's much more to do as a killer than just that, like putting traps if you play as the trapper, and so on. Breaking generators so you don't get gen rushed. But the people playing is usually very dumb and only think about one aspect of the game and so they make it impossible to play and very boring. It really makes you want to delete the game.

  • Things about DbD that are mostly fine: maps, hitboxes (yes, I really think so!).

    Things that need fixing: bunch of perks being useless, difficulty disparity in higher ranks (killers need to be much better and try hard way more than survs in order to 3k/4k), Decisive Bullshit (it's not an anti-tunnelling perk if I can chase and hook someone else, and the person with DS still has it active).

1 2 ›