Why don't the devs collect data on whether Decisive Strike is overperforming?

Just like how they collect data and nerf a killer when they are considered "overperforming", why don't the devs collect data on Decisive Strike to see whether it is overperforming? I would like to see the survival rates of a survivor at red ranks with Decisive Strike compared to one without it. Though, killers have to assume every survivor is running Decisive Strike even if only 1 survivor is using it, which could affect the data.

Comments

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942282#Comment_942282

    They've been consistently rude to several people in different topics throughout the past hour.

    I'm just going to disregard their posts from now on.

    Anytime I see waffleboyyum commenting on a thread I pretty much just skip over it. That's pretty much all he does, not even a shitpost here and there. Just acts genuinely condescending and doesn't budge an inch on stuff that's flat out wrong.

    That being said, DS absolutely let's you survive more. That's it's whole purpose as a perk and it does it's job wonderfully- to the point where it's not just an anti-tunnel perk, it's just an all around free health state for a minute that you can do whatever you want with. A lot of killers can't afford to slug everyone every time to counter it. That's just silly. Some other circumstances can happen that prevent it being triggered but they're much less common than the perk just working. That being said you can still just eat the DS and waste time chasing them again; I don't think it needs too much of a tweak. Maybe just don't allow protection hits and have it deactivate if the survivor touches a gen. Kind of a dead horse though.

  • @Bustanut_Champion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942339#Comment_942339

    Anytime I see waffleboyyum commenting on a thread I pretty much just skip over it. That's pretty much all he does, not even a shitpost here and there. Just acts genuinely condescending and doesn't budge an inch on stuff that's flat out wrong.

    That being said, DS absolutely let's you survive more. That's it's whole purpose as a perk and it does it's job wonderfully- to the point where it's not just an anti-tunnel perk, it's just an all around free health state for a minute that you can do whatever you want with. A lot of killers can't afford to slug everyone every time to counter it. That's just silly. Some other circumstances can happen that prevent it being triggered but they're much less common than the perk just working. That being said you can still just eat the DS and waste time chasing them again; I don't think it needs too much of a tweak. Maybe just don't allow protection hits and have it deactivate if the survivor touches a gen. Kind of a dead horse though.

    Incidentally, I just had to file a second ticket against the guy who said I was cheating and....(check my profile). As I did not fill the support ticket out properly, despite having video evidence and showing their profile. If I didn't keep the file, and bookmark the profile, BHVR would be letting them off scot-free, notifying me on XMAS eve.

    10/10

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    Just like how they collect data and nerf a killer when they are considered "overperforming", why don't the devs collect data on Decisive Strike to see whether it is overperforming? I would like to see the survival rates of a survivor at red ranks with Decisive Strike compared to one without it. Though, killers have to assume every survivor is running Decisive Strike even if only 1 survivor is using it, which could affect the data.

    Because decisive strile overperforming is a killer issue. I never get hit with DS, and never get to use it with survivor.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942282#Comment_942282

    They've been consistently rude to several people in different topics throughout the past hour.

    I'm just going to disregard their posts from now on.

    @PistolTimb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942214#Comment_942214

    Can you actually argue your point instead of acting like your opinion is inherently superior? A team with 4 Decisive strikes will survive much more frequently than a team with 0. That's just a fact. If you think DS doesn't have a profound effect on the match, you are either ignoring blatant facts or are out of touch with reality.

    A team without DS wont survive as much as a team with because as soon as most killers see no obsession they enter tunnel mode

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942339#Comment_942339

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942282#Comment_942282

    A team without DS wont survive as much as a team with because as soon as most killers see no obsession they enter tunnel mode

    How often do you see this?

  • The same amount of times you thing you get hit with DS apparently

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/943307#Comment_943307

    The same amount of times you thing you get hit with DS apparently

    Quantify that for me, please.

  • Considering how common camping and tunneling is I'd say it is 100% super duper over performing ... beause of the said reason. I mean that is THE ONLY reason I would ever think about equiping DS. If the devs smash the the killers who camp and tunnel with something negattive that perk would never be used

  • Oh well, that would be 8.54 every 10 games on average

  • If 8.54/10 of your games are starting without an Obsession, perhaps you can step up.

  • It's 120 seconds of time the killer can't hook you so the survival rate is definately higher.

    Just running DS ensures you a black pip, unless you are one-hooked at the beginning of the match.

  • Unfortunately, because of the way the systems are designed within the game, reliable data is almost impossible to receive.

1 2 ›