Because we are getting more scripted events on maps, I have an idea
With the start of this on Hawkin's lab with the Golden Toolbox only being visible during EGC, and now we have the Idol's of the sanctum when looking away then looking back are staring at you.
Now we all know that we want a horror element into this game yes, I made a post about the idea of helping improve the horror vibe, so how about this
I got this idea from another game yes, but its pretty cool and can mess with the survivors with the addition of adding fear into the game a little bit
With me being a fan of Call of Duty, I remembered a map that I actually loved for HOW MUCH IT SCARED ME FOR NO REASON, the map zestubo no shima, and yes I talk about CoD alot on these forums, but this can be helpful to adding onto the fear factor of maps.
On the map, they had "gas clouds" that prevented you from using weapons and sprinting while gassed until it ends. While this gas does a major thing to the character, it can also summon jumpscares and changes to the map.
If you have been gassed enough, you can see changes to the labs when heading up into, or down into them. Sometimes in the labs they are unusually clean for a little while, until running in when a random flash occurs and reveals a blood soaked room. When heading down into the labs, usually you will find 4 or 6 green containers with people inside, if you have been gassed enough another random flash will occur with all the containers changing to red, and if lucky enough, you will be able to hear faint screaming.
The best jumpscare is not involved with the gas, but happens randomly. a doppelganger has a chance of spawning in the match if you are literally minding your own business, grab you, and completely change forms infront of you before disappearing, best part is it can appear as anyone playable on the map.
My idea is the next map devs could make have a high horror element on it, have random jumpscares onto the survivors, and maybe for some fun, make it scary to the killers as well. For example make a code that allows only certain survivors to see changes in a room for doing something randomized or being alone for too long, putting survivors on edge.
Yes this will be something hard for devs to implement, but yes it will not be scary forever, but if its rare then it will be scary for a long time as then people will forget it happens, and need a new pair of pants, underwear, and maybe socks
Comments
Lerys and Temple are my favourite maps simply because doing the middle gen mostly improves the map
I like those maps as well
Lerys cause if you are facing a stealth killer on middle gen you are gonna be on edge the entire time
Temple cause pig
Doing the lerys middle gen with windows of opportunity is just green everywhere lol
Run open handed with it
Pretty cool ideas. I think it would be cool if a player that finishes a generator in a house saw blood running down the walls or the pictures changed or something too. Actually, maybe the reverse of that might be better. Like you might see the occasional ghost or something but when a generator is finished that area of the map is ghost free.
I mean, there's stuff like this, but on a small scale. Footsteps without a cause on Ironworks, the screaming TVs at Lery's, etc.
How about people crawling out of the suffocation pit and getting pulled back under the earth? :D
And: "on Hawkin's lab with the Golden Toolbox only being visible during EGC" ... What? Did I miss something?