Ideas to put solo and swf survivors on the same level
In my opinon, I think solo survivors suffer the most out of any other type of DBD player. They're constantly getting nerfs because of things caused by swf survivors. I came up with a few ideas that would help solo survivors a lot but would be mostly meaningless to swf survivors.
1) Icons that show when a survivor is:
- being chased (I think this is something a most people have asked for)
- repairing a generator
- healing or being healed
- cleansing a hex totem
2) A bar under the icons showing how much a survivor has wiggled when being carried by the killer and seeing the aura of the closest hook to the killer when they're carrying a survivor.
3) A token or number next to the icons showing what hook state a survivor is at.
These stuff would only be visible to survivors, the killer cannot see these.
Comments
Give us more emotes like: killer is camping me, go gen rush them to oblivion
3) A token or number next to the icons showing what hook state a survivor is at.
This would be nice for killers as wel actually
My solution is simple. Since SWF is so popular it should be easy for four players to SWF together. Then have group ranked and solo ranked ques. If players want to play as a group they do so as a 4 man team and the killers will know this by queing in group ranked. Sadly it will never happen as killers may decide to avoid the group ranked entirely. And I can see why too.
The chase thing I guarantee becomes a perk, they will say “people have been asking for this” (except not in the form of a perk....), as well as totem counter to Small Game soon. It’s clear their idea of closing the gap between solo and SWF is through perks. This is completely the wrong way to go IF the idea is then to buff killers towards 4 man squads. They can’t do that if the solo players needs to use all 4 of their perks just for info, while still not even being to the level of SWF. Solo would continue to suffer.
One should also realize that most killers do not want solos brought up to the level of SWF. They want SWF brought down to the level of solos.
- Kindred basekit
- Totem counter
- Chase indicator
Or, I know people hate hearing this, how about we just use perks that pretty much do 80% of what you are asking for?
Open Handed and Kindred will also provide all this information from time to time.
2) A bar under the icons showing how much a survivor has wiggled when being carried by the killer and seeing the aura of the closest hook to the killer when they're carrying a survivor.
Maps let you see hooks. As for the wiggle bar that could be a cool buff to Break Out- Fun idea :)
3) A token or number next to the icons showing what hook state a survivor is at.
I mean, this one is pretty easy to track on your own and isn't something exclusive to swf.
If people really want all this information, the game already provides it. I always have Bond on because of all the information I get from it.
As a red rank solo survivor I don't think there is any gap to close, and at the end of the day if you want swf benefits then just play swf. There are a ton of resources out there, including this very website, that helps you find people to play with.