New killers and face camping

I know this won't help being another voice in the crowd but can you please do something about face campers.

I can tolerate a lot of crap this game offers but face camping will never be one of them. The reason I'm posting this is because of a recent match where a fresh ranked wraith was camping his first hooked survivor, also fresh rank. When a save was made the first time, he tunneled her and hooks her again, she doesn't struggle and does on second hook. Second survivor gets hooked, camped only this time the other survivor and I stayed at gens and finished them, unfortunately second survivor dies on first hook. We both make it out. The two camped survivors didn't even break 10k points.

Ofc I message him afterwards, I'm not toxic about it but I say "you know camping hooks causes you to miss out on bloodpoints, hurts your rank progression and overall causes you to lose more than win?". Normally it would be something insulting, but again fresh rank killer, I figure ignorance is the issue here and not someone being an arse. His response "I'm ok with that" & " it's apart of the game"....

At this point, I figure either yea this gamer is really ignorant or this MF is a trolling Smurf. So I send back, "you know it's a reportable act" to which his response is "hahaha you can't get me banned for camping". So why this one angers me above all others? They are ruining the game for any new player coming in and they believe that's how the game is played because there is no noticable punishment. I told them to check their Crest next time but let's be honest here, a -5 for proximity to hook doesn't look bad under a bunch of 10s and 20s, plus he took second in blood points right under me so again doesn't look like it affects much.

I don't believe banishment is the solution, nor do I believe less points towards pipping is either. I think the punishment has to be on screen and towards bloodpoints. I also think the hooked survivor should get points towards distraction too. That way they don't commit suicide or DC and know they are contributing to the team still.

But seriously, do something about this because that is the only BS thing that really upsets me with this game.

Comments

  • He is right about camping not being a bannable offense. You and the other survivor did the best you could in a bad situation. Camping is a part of this game from the very beginning and it is not going away the best you can do is accept that and play the best you can.

  • @shadowman0105 said:

    He is right about camping not being a bannable offense. You and the other survivor did the best you could in a bad situation. Camping is a part of this game from the very beginning and it is not going away the best you can do is accept that and play the best you can.

    Good players can accept it but new players won't get it. Would you rather accept it and chance losing new players in the process or....big or here, give incentive to the survivor being camped, and punish the killer camping by taking away blood points? What if they start losing points while they camp, that way they can see it and they get nothing out of it?

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/931898#Comment_931898

    Good players can accept it but new players won't get it. Would you rather accept it and chance losing new players in the process or....big or here, give incentive to the survivor being camped, and punish the killer camping by taking away blood points? What if they start losing points while they camp, that way they can see it and they get nothing out of it?

    ‘Lose bloodpoints when near the hook’ that will be abused to all hell. I understand that players who are new to this game will find this ‘broken’ but those who stay will learn that this can be both ‘toxic’ and a legitimate strategy to killers and work around it.