Can someone tell me why it's okay that I get a matchmaking ban when I crash during loading?
I just crashed during the loading screen after waiting literally 20 minutes for a killer game, and got banned for 15 minutes.
My understanding is that the 15 minute ban is supposed to be the third escalation, but both of my bans (both from crashing during loading) have been 15 minutes. How is this okay?
Bans for disconnecting should at the very least be limited to being IN-GAME at the time.
Comments
Well, seeing as they said the first ban is 60 seconds, I get the feeling it wasnt the first dc.
The first is short SPECIFICALLY for these situations.
If it keeps happening, dont play. You're only knowingly setting yourself up for frustration if you KNOW you'll get booted and penalized.
It's also likely not working correctly considering it's a test.
It’s a bug in the system right now I’m pretty sure. Thus why this is a test rather than the full release. Doesn’t mean it isn’t annoying and frustrating, but at the very least I’m pretty sure it’s not intended.
I've seen people saying that their first crash/match cancel landed them with a 15 or so minute ban.
Yeah ... It's pretty inconsistant as of now overall. For example, I got a crash during loading today and got no penalty so ... 🤔
This is absolutely false. People with no prior DC's have been getting upwards to 15-20 minute timeouts for game crashing, and match cancelled situations.
I did DC once yesterday to see how long the starting ban was, and didn't get a matchmaking ban at all. If that did count (which it may have, even though it didn't ban me), that explains one of the missing ban times, but not both.
In addition, if the only way to decrease ban time is to play games without disconnecting......... how do you suppose I go about solving the problem and actually playing the game I'd like to play?
Your game shouldn't crash... You're the one to blame man... (This is a joke)
Wasn't the point of getting dedicated servers out before implementing this DC mechanic, so that they could tell whether someone was actually dcing or if it was the game crashing?