News about lost event skins?

Hey everyone :)

Are there any news about the lost event skins? Any release dates?

I know we are supposed to get them back with an update but since the devs stated they can identify who owned the skins, Im wondering why the patch hasnt been released yet. Might be a bigger patch (I have no idea how time consuming such a patch would be).

Thank you for an answer

Comments

  • I don't think they have a fix tbh, I think they'll just give everyone them soon.

  • No news yet. The most recent update we have is still the 3.4.0 Release Information, which stated that they have discovered a way to reliably restore the cosmetics to those who have lost them and that this would be happening Soon™.

    @Peanits said:

    https://youtu.be/ugEewm3eJNI

    RELEASE SCHEDULE

    STEAM

    Update planned: 11AM ET

    DLC planned: 12PM ET

    WINDOWS STORE

    Update planned: 11AM ET

    DLC planned: No ETA

    PS4 EU & NA

    Update planned: 11AM ET

    DLC planned: 12PM ET

    XBOX

    Update planned: 11AM ET

    DLC planned: 12PM ET

    SWITCH

    Update planned: 11AM ET

    DLC planned: 12PM ET

    PS4 JAPAN & ASIA

    Update planned: 11AM ET

    DLC planned: 10PM ET

    Content

    Lore

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/the-oni-lore

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/yui-kimura-lore

    Available Now through the in-game store

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/009/3GNJ959LYAPX.png

    • The Oni - The Demonic Force outfit
    • Yui Kimura - The Wild Card outfit

    Developer Update

    For a brief overview of some of the other changes coming to the game with the 3.4.0 update, check out the November Developer Update below.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/developer-update-november-2019

    Patch Notes

    STEAM

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108852/

    Windows store

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109133/

    PS4

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108855/

    XBOX

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108856/

    SWITCH™

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108946/

    Switch™ players will have access to Leatherface in the in-game store on December 3rd release. Attention, DLC is planned to release on a later date. Note that if you unlock Leatherface as a stand alone character in the in-game store, you will not unlock the exclusive cosmetic that is offered with the DLC.

    Winter gifting

    Holiday gifts for all!

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/winter-gifts

    CHANGES TO EVENT COSMETICS UNLOCK

    In the latest Dev Update, we announced our plan to unlock a large list of exclusive cosmetics to all players on PC and console. According to the feedback we received, we decided to review the unlocking process for the following cosmetics:

    • Hound (The Huntress – Event Mask)
    • Untamed Donkey Jacket (David King – Event Body)
    • Pro-Pain Hammer (The Hillbilly – Event Weapon)
    • Free Song Bird Slip Dress (Kate Denson – Event Body)

    As it was mentioned by many players, these cosmetics were earned during events and were representative of the player's dedication to the game. The way these cosmetics were stored created an issue where a loss of progress was possible, we've since switched to a more secure method of storage for event cosmetics.

    At the time of the announcement, last month, we had no way to isolate players who had earned these cosmetics. Since then, we have found a way to isolate the players that have played the event and will be able to restore these four cosmetics on a large scale, only to players that earned them during the events. Keep an eye on the news, this will happen Soon™

    NEW FEATURE

    DISCONNECTION PENALTY FEATURE - TESTING

    As of Thursday, December 5th, we will be testing a new feature on our Dedicated Server enabled platforms (Steam, Windows Store and Switch™). This feature is designed to penalize players that are disconnecting from matches.

    Users who disconnect from matches will be prevented from joining a new match for a predetermined length of time, which increases after each instance of disconnection. Our objective with this feature is to discourage players from quitting games and will serve a double purpose of excluding users who are already in a negative mental state from re-entering matchmaking until they’ve had a chance to cool down.

    The system will also apply if one or more players in a group has an active disconnect penalty, preventing the entire group from joining the matchmaking queue until the penalized members have either cleared their penalty or leave the group.

    The incremental penalties will decay naturally over time, starting after the most recent matchmaking ban has completed.

    It's possible (but not guaranteed) that we'll get a progress update on this and other things during the livestream tomorrow.

  • Thank you both for your answers. Have a nice day!

  • I also lost my event skins (just noticed it today) ... are everybody affected by this bug ? or like previous savegame crashes -> only unlucky people got it :P

  • I just watched a twitch stream of games by peanits from last month and there was a mention of getting people back certain skins. I could not tell you if he was talking about yours specifically. Might be. Might not be

  • We do have a quick update for you: The issue we ran into before has been resolved and we're looking to send those cosmetics out to the people who earned them soon (hopefully within the next couple of days if all goes well).

  • @Peanits said:

    We do have a quick update for you: The issue we ran into before has been resolved and we're looking to send those cosmetics out to the people who earned them soon (hopefully within the next couple of days if all goes well).

    @Peanits Thank you very much for keeping us up to date. I really appreciate it.

  • They're came back but my untamed donkey jacket still missing :(

  • Same here I got the pro-pain, free songbird and hound cosmeteics returned but not the untamed donkey David jacket.

  • @Peanits

    I'm a player who didn't lose any event cosmetics and I now have two of the Hound, Pro-Pain, and Free Songbird pieces. Untamed Donkey Jacket has only one copy, which I am assuming is my original. Looks like the system might not be picking up only people who lost their cosmetics.

  • So I never even lost my Kate shirt to begin with and now I have two of them. @Peanits seems to be a common issue.

  • @stndly said:

    They're came back but my untamed donkey jacket still missing :(

    Same. I still miss the David jacket aswell.

  • I reported the issue now since it seems to be a common issue with the David jacket. I will keep you up to date when I get an answer by the support team.

  • Pink Cloyd (Dead by Daylight)

    Feb 15, 09:46 EST

    "Hello,


    Thank you for contacting us. We're glad to hear that some of the cosmetics were restored for your account.


    We would like to note that we are undergoing the restoration process and we are currently looking for ways to prevent our players from losing such cosmetics. We assure you that these will be brought back to your account once they are able to address this properly. We apologize deeply for this mishap, and we'd like to ask for more of your patience as we work on this issue.


    Thank you very much for your understanding. If you have other concerns, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.


    Stay safe out there...

    The Dead by Daylight Team"

  • @Peanits said:

    We do have a quick update for you: The issue we ran into before has been resolved and we're looking to send those cosmetics out to the people who earned them soon (hopefully within the next couple of days if all goes well).

    Hell yeah, finally!

  • @Peanits said:

    We do have a quick update for you: The issue we ran into before has been resolved and we're looking to send those cosmetics out to the people who earned them soon (hopefully within the next couple of days if all goes well).

    I haven't been returned neither my Untamed Donkey Jacket nor my Hound mask for Huntress, but I did get duplicates for the Free Song-bird shirt and the Pro pain hammer which I didn't even lose in the first place.

  • @Arsen said:

    Untamed Donkey Jacket is still missing in my case.

    Same.

    Here are some answers given by Pink Cloyd.

    1st Answer:

    "Hello,


    Thank you for contacting us. We're glad to hear that some of the cosmetics were restored for your account.


    We would like to note that we are undergoing the restoration process and we are currently looking for ways to prevent our players from losing such cosmetics. We assure you that these will be brought back to your account once they are able to address this properly. We apologize deeply for this mishap, and we'd like to ask for more of your patience as we work on this issue.


    Thank you very much for your understanding. If you have other concerns, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.


    Stay safe out there...

    The Dead by Daylight Team"


    Since this answer was not quite revealing, I contacted him again and asked for an official statement on their social platforms because many players still ask for news.

    2nd Answer:

    "Hello,


    As I have mentioned earlier, we would like to remind you again that the restoration process is still not finished which is why some of the cosmetics are still not yet properly delivered for some players. This means that this fix is not only being applied to you but for all affected players as well.


    Our team should announce an official statement (like what you are asking for) once the issue has been addressed for all players, and we expect this soon. 


    If you have other questions, let us know and we'll do our best to answer it.


    Stay safe out there...

    The Dead by Daylight Team"

  • @Atchoo Thanks for the updates

  • I've just received my Untamed Donkey Jacket! Hurrah! Anyone else?

  • @Pepsidot said:

    I've just received my Untamed Donkey Jacket! Hurrah! Anyone else?

    I got it aswell, awesome! ^^