Skill Check Frustrations

Anyone else find it frustrating when you are doing a task that triggers skill checks and you stop whatever it is you're doing right at the very moment a skill check pops up basically giving you an automatic fail?

Comments

  • I mean, skillchecks are random. It's a risk you need to deal with.

  • I understand that...but man does it seem to happen to me a lot. About the only way I fail them and it kinda just makes me feel cheated a bit. Haha

  • Yeah, RNG is a huge flip of the coin for me.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    I mean, skillchecks are random. It's a risk you need to deal with.

    They are random but I've had moments where I get off a gen and it blows up and I didn't hear the skill check noise until I let go of M1. If anything, it should only blow up if you're on the gen when the noise is halfway done or something.

    There's random and then there's unfair/bad coding. If I don't hear the skill check until after I let go or it starts as the animation of me letting go starts, then that's not random, that's bad coding.

  • @Venoxxie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928796#Comment_928796

    They are random but I've had moments where I get off a gen and it blows up and I didn't hear the skill check noise until I let go of M1. If anything, it should only blow up if you're on the gen when the noise is halfway done or something.

    There's random and then there's unfair/bad coding. If I don't hear the skill check until after I let go or it starts as the animation of me letting go starts, then that's not random, that's bad coding.

    I feel like that's exactly what happens to me a lot too. I swear I've release M1 yet I still get a skill check I can't even attempt to pass.

  • @BobbytheB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/928803#Comment_928803

    I feel like that's exactly what happens to me a lot too. I swear I've release M1 yet I still get a skill check I can't even attempt to pass.

    At least Overcharge you get the option to do the skill check as you're walking away from the gen... All skill checks should be like that so you have a chance to not blow it up.