My brain exploded with this idea (I swear itll be worth the read^^)
Keys and moris are a hot topic again and I wanted to share my proposal for a creative way for both to still be relevant while also making them fair..ready?
Moris..cypress turns into base kit..The ivory and ebony offerings become after second hook..but your no longer penalized for sacrifice emblem as they count as a hook sac, it also boosts your total bp by 25 percent for each sac AFTER other offerings and perks...this will justify rarity and still make the offerings worth picking.. Now here's where it gets fun..during the egc..killers can mori anybody who's been hooked twice previously..now this is base kit and I feel itll solve the following.
1..The killer has almost 0 tactical reason to open the doors normally..this will light a fire under survivors to flee and give that tactical last stand to killers at a risk
2..DS..very controversial but my only issue with it is its god like power in the end game..this offers a meet in the middle..as you cant be moried till after second hook you get to keep ds in the back pocket if you play well during the match..plus the killer has to open the door first...while also not allowing cheesy free escapes when you rightfully should have died..
3..JUST IMAGINE THAT INTENSE ATMOSPHERE AND FEELING OF POWER GUYS..lol all holes aside it would suit the EGC and its doomsday vibe...along with bringing any trial to a close with a photo finish via base kit cypress mori..also as a side not..remove mori spam to avoid misuse
Now it's time for keys They reward failure and instantly make the killer lose in what was likely an upper hand scenario for them..keys will gain aura reading on ALL team mates at base..they have few charges to start so it's not super busted but useful for solos and helps shorten that swf gap..in exchange..keys will no longer be able to open hatches EXCEPT during the egc..this keeps the challange for it unchanged and still uses it as a clutch tool for the sole survivor as the egc begins when the hatch closes as well..
Issues I think would be solved
1..green keys would be less of a meme
2..the key rewards survival over failure and gives killers a chance to fight against it without hatch standoffs or a mori /tunneling the key to death which only half works anyway
3..its one less bm tool in the game..same with the loss of mori spamming
As you can see..it shifts these items from power shifters to solutions to some of the games issues while remaining a valid part of the game..I really think I struck gold with this idea..question is..what do you guys think?
Comments
You literally said to make moris apply on second hook and then made two changes to buff them what in the end made them stronger than they are now
He wants to make killing Survivors on death hook during EGC. That is really not a big bump in benefit compared to just hooking someone on death hook.
It is quite a big deal because most bad killers dont get anybody on second hook before the end game collapse and get a lucky down when the last gen pops, so this change would literally allow any killer to deny DS and Unbreakable and get an undeserved kill
Lol what I gave them doesnt really compare to what they do now and anybody can see that
I could argue ds can and very often does give you an unearned escape
If the Killer gets no one on 2nd hook before end game collapse, how are they to mori someone during EGC when you need to two hook someone to mori them during EGC?
If you got to the end game collapse you deserve to escape or die on your third hook
If a person is on struggle on end game collapse and the other survivors come to rescue him you will just tunnel him and mori
That falls on teammates to keep that person alive then, no?
Not really because killers are faster than survivor and unless they are hooked in front of the exit you cant force a body block.
It is very possible to body block.
The killer can just go to the side
So can the Survivor?
Honestly, it is not that simple and sometimes the person takes a hit while saving you so no bodyblocks
Lol ok then whatever
One flaw there...killers already can just slug and wait out the ds timer..I am just looking to give counterplay to late game ds which currently is not in a fair spot..so I met in the middle..both sides have their moment of advantage
Unbreakable
I didn't say it would be simple. I said it was something you can do.
And crawling
Get smacked down again because the killer is literally 2 feet away..next ?
Well then lets go onto balance discussions telling people Bubba is fine because you can 4k with him without perks
That has nothing to do with anything.
You used something impropable as an arguement, so yeah it is the same situation
Body blocking is not improbable, though. It is not a guarantee, but it is a reasonable strategy to try.
This seems like a solid change, but the issue I have in my head is a scenario where a killer uses NOED and finds someone trying to open first gate. If they run away, the killer opens the gate and chases them down, knowing he is probably letting the others go, but that he will get a guaranteed mori on the survivor he is after if he catches them, which is very likely. Maybe that is just a trade-off.
I do like that it would cancel out a last-minute DS though. That has always been an easy way out for the survivors, and yes maybe they save it for that situation, but there is nothing more frustrating than playing the lottery on that when picking one up in an exit gate.
1.MORIS ARE TOXIC AF
Moris should be usable only on surviviors in sacrifice phase. I think we can all agree on that.
Cypress Mori as basekit? It can be only used on the LAST SURVIVIOR, so no problem, the survivior doesnt have to be dead on hook, because if its the last survivior then all the phases are skipped when you hook them, so nothing really changes.
Free moris in EGC? Right now? No, thank you. Even though it could be cool, it would completely defeat the purpose of mori being an item. But well, if we completely removed moris and made it basekit in EGC (only on "dead on hook" surviviors obviously) I don't think I would complain. Moris as an item are cancer, so I only use them for challenges anyway.
2.EARLY LEAVING WITH THE KEY IS CANCER TOO
"That 1 higher rank survivior" just has to camp the hatch an wait for his teammates to die, or just ######### leaves with the key...
I like the idea that keys would be only usable after the hatch has been closed, leaving early and betraying your teammates is #########. I dont know if aura reading is the best way to compensate for the key nerf, but I agree that a slight buff would be cool.
Kind of my point, and honestly with detectives in the game needs days are numbered
The moris require the egc to start so the killer has to give up their final barrier to use it..its a trade off and the survivor has to have been hooked previously..I also explained a change to moris as an offering as well
Nothing against your ideas, I'll give more of a proper response later, but for now:
I detest the EGC's current implementation, and I don't like to support ideas that make it more present without scaling back the number of times it occurs.
The egc occurs only after a door opens giving survivors control and benafit over it